Gophers #12 in new AP poll

6. Minnesota Golden Gophers
Record: 7-0
Last week: 8
If people tuned in just to watch the five-on-three battle in the second half against Alabama, this ranking seems asinine, because five Gophers were outscored by Collin Sexton and two Alabama teammates. But Minnesota now has wins over Alabama and at Providence -- with a huge chance at home against Miami on Wednesday.

Go Gophers!!

About where I figured.

Look at the voting trend:

Preseason: #15 with 642 points
Week 2 poll: #14 with 675 points (+33)
Week 3 poll: #14 with 754 points (+79)
Week 4 poll: #12 with 929 points (+175)

Good for them!!!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Look at the voting trend:

Preseason: #15 with 642 points
Week 2 poll: #14 with 675 points (+33)
Week 3 poll: #14 with 754 points (+79)
Week 4 poll: #12 with 929 points (+175)

This is impressive, more media notice and more headlines.

Looks like the 3 vs 5 thing might have helped us. Alabama remains top 25 which makes our win look better and we still jump up to #12. Not a bad poll for us. Miami game is going to be huge! Can't wait.

Arkansas receiving a lot of votes too. They destroyed UCONN last night and beat Oklahoma as well.

Arkansas receiving a lot of votes too. They destroyed UCONN last night and beat Oklahoma as well.

That may end up being the biggest one of them all. They are good. It's at home. They have payback in mind from last year's blowout. I think a road win in Wal-Mart World would be a very impressive one, maybe even bigger than a possible win over Miami at home.

First, beat Miami. Second, beat Arkansas. Third, Providence works its way into the Top 25. Fourth Alabama keeps winning. Do they play better with 3 instead of 5? :)

Next 4 games are huge. 2 quality non-conf teams and 2 very winnable Big Ten games. Can't wait for Wednesday night!

Alabama has the talent to be a top 25 team all year. Tough league but they'll do well.

Top Bottom