Mike Grimm/Spencer Tollackson/Corbu Stathes

UpAndUnder43

Reaction score
Due to traveling and the game only being available on Facebook, I listened to a fair amount of the radio broadcasts this weekend.

I really like Mike Grimm (who wasn't on) so I'll start with that.

I thought Stathes did a really solid job for someone who doesn't follow the team as closely and from what they said on the broadcast, had no replay monitor or live stats.

Tollackson has grown on me. He provides some solid analysis and can speak from experience.

I still prefer to watch the games but the Gophers have a solid team. I doubt Stathes announces another game but was a more than adequate fill-in for Grimm.

Due to traveling and the game only being available on Facebook, I listened to a fair amount of the radio broadcasts this weekend.

I thought Stathes did a really solid job for someone who doesn't follow the team as closely and from what they said on the broadcast, had no replay monitor or live stats.

Tollackson has grown on me. He provides some solid analysis and can speak from experience.

I still prefer to watch the games but the Gophers have a solid team. I doubt Stathes announces another game but was a more than adequate fill-in for Grimm.

A couple of things:

If you listen to the women's team, you would know how solid Corbu is as an announcer.

If Corbu was announcing the men's game on Saturday, who did the women's game against Wake?

When I got to my car after the Badger/Gopher game, there was a frantic text from my mother saying that the Gopher basketball game was "CRAZY!!!!" with no idea about the ejections.

I turned it on and there was about 2 minutes left, I only heard references to the fact it was 5 on 3, but I was not even sure who had the 5 or for how long it had been going on. Even in the postgame there was little mention of, other than Coach Pitino being happy with how they played 5 on 5.

It was only when I got home and looked at the Strib and this board I had any sense of what happened.

When I got to my car after the Badger/Gopher game, there was a frantic text from my mother saying that the Gopher basketball game was "CRAZY!!!!" with no idea about the ejections.

I turned it on and there was about 2 minutes left, I only heard references to the fact it was 5 on 3, but I was not even sure who had the 5 or for how long it had been going on. Even in the postgame there was little mention of, other than Coach Pitino being happy with how they played 5 on 5.

It was only when I got home and looked at the Strib and this board I had any sense of what happened.

Hard to recap constantly. I think if you had tuned in when it happened, you'd have known more.

A couple of things:

If you listen to the women's team, you would know how solid Corbu is as an announcer.

If Corbu was announcing the men's game on Saturday, who did the women's game against Wake?

I know he is solid. I've heard him before. I respect that he can switch to a team he doesn't usually announce and do a solid job.

Not sure who did the womens, or if it was even on the radio.

Hard to recap constantly. I think if you had tuned in when it happened, you'd have known more.

I get that during the game, but in the postgame show they could have elaborated as to what happened. Honestly, I thought they were shorthanded due to a limited bench, foul limitations and/or a brawl. No idea the Tide bench was ejected and only Mason for Minnesota. I assumed Gophers were also down to a handful of players.

I get that during the game, but in the postgame show they could have elaborated as to what happened. Honestly, I thought they were shorthanded due to a limited bench, foul limitations and/or a brawl. No idea the Tide bench was ejected and only Mason for Minnesota. I assumed Gophers were also down to a handful of players.

Fair enough. I watched the final 10 minutes in my car while at a wedding...so I have a lot of social awareness.

I know he is solid. I've heard him before. I respect that he can switch to a team he doesn't usually announce and do a solid job.

Not sure who did the womens, or if it was even on the radio.

This. Corbu is great, he may mainly call the women's games, but he's at a ton of Gopher things, and I believe he follows every sport. He's very good. We're lucky to have such good announcers!

Top Bottom