Gophers QBs since 2007

Winnipegopher

Wag more, bark less
Reaction score
This is an interesting and depressing list:

https://twitter.com/natetykwinski/status/935001884762374145
Someone should embed the tweet as it is just cut and paste from the above twitter account.

Gopher Scholarship QBs since 2007 Recruiting Class

Transferred
Clint Brewster
John Nance
JD Pride
Tom Parish
Dexter Foreman
Max Shortell
Philip Nelson
Don Jones
Chris Streveler
Dimonic McKinzy
Demry Croft
Neil McLaurin

Stayed All Years
Moses Alipate
MarQueis Gray
Mitch Leidner

That is really a depressing list of players. When Leidner's name is easily one of the top ones on there you know it isn't good.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

One of those guys is in the NFL, though! lol

Coaches became loyal to middling talent QBs like Weber and Leidner and stuck with them. I just hope Morgan will not be their equivalent. He's supposed to be a pro-style passer. With Weber and Leidner, we couldn't get much above 55% passing and neither was a natural runner, though they were asked to run a lot and got banged up doing it. Gray, Streveler and Croft had the most potential, but coaches seemed uninterested in developing them.

Coaches became loyal to middling talent QBs like Weber and Leidner and stuck with them. I just hope Morgan will not be their equivalent. He's supposed to be a pro-style passer. With Weber and Leidner, we couldn't get much above 55% passing and neither was a natural runner, though they were asked to run a lot and got banged up doing it. Gray, Streveler and Croft had the most potential, but coaches seemed uninterested in developing them.

I think we had a period of time where the coach didn't want a QB with too much confidence. That would be a bad attitude.

This made me look into Chris Streveler for the first time since he left. Happy to see that he is doing well for South Dakota!

That list makes my stomach turn a bit. Haven't been able to eat since it's been posted.

Alipate was a 4 star that was relegated to throwing balls for the DB individual period rather than being with the QBs in a practice I went to.

He eventually ended up at TE.

Top Bottom