Quickest Gopher guards

UpAndUnder43

Reaction score
As I sit here thinking about Gopher basketball, I pondered this.

Who is/are the quickest Gopher guards you’ve seen?

IW is awfully quick. Deandre Mathieu was quick but very small.

I can’t think of anyone else on that level. Westbrook?

Osborne Lockhart. Ariel McDonald.

I remember Kevin Clark being really quick. I'd say Bobby was really quick, you don't get wherever you want on offense and be the DPOY in the Big 10 in an era where kids stayed in college as a 6'1 guard without being really quick. Mathieu might be the quickest guard I can remember, but he was both shorter and lighter than almost everyone so he had to be.

Nolen and Westbrook were quick. Jarvis looked very quick and extremely athletic at DLS. Dorsey was very fast.

Mathieu in my mind was the quickest I’ve ever seen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

who was that little juco PG that Monson brought in..........I think he may have only played a year.

I remember Kevin Clark being really quick. I'd say Bobby was really quick, you don't get wherever you want on offense and be the DPOY in the Big 10 in an era where kids stayed in college as a 6'1 guard without being really quick. Mathieu might be the quickest guard I can remember, but he was both shorter and lighter than almost everyone so he had to be.

+1. Kevin Clark was very quick. He didn't always know where he was going (or how to stop) but he got there quickly. Mathieu might have been quicker and was certainly more effective, at least his first season.

Yeah, Mathieu was the quickest I can remember. Rico Tucker was pretty quick as I recall as well.

Ray Williams....I think Mathieu is the guy in the last 10+ years

Can't think of a Gopher with more ice in his veins than Orr

I loved it when Clem called him Townie. He used to take 40 foot jump shots and they would go in just often enough that you didn’t hate the guy. High risk, high reward player. Fun guy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Top Bottom