Why Demry Shouldn't Transfer

hello-world

Reaction score
There are a lot of reasons for him to leave so I wanted to explore some of the reasons that he shouldn't.

a) He has already won the starting job in Minnesota
Anywhere else he goes people are going to look at his stats and cringe. Minnesota coaches and fans know that much of his sub-par performance was due to poor receiver play. Any other college is going to look for a reason to bench him. Minnesota is going to be a bit more lenient. He has beat out every QB on our roster already and we don't have a QB inbound yet (and the market does not look promising). He's walking away from a situation in which he has a massive advantage on the competition.

b) He's going to have to stop smoking weed anyway
Yes, as unfortunate as this is, there are still very few jobs where you can get away with smoking weed all of the time. This is a job that comes with a **** ton of perks including a free education, beautiful women crawling all over you, and a massive alumni community that is going to remember you for years after you leave.

c) Minnesota's Fan Base
Any school that he transfers to is going to be in the middle of nowhere and not a school that many people want to attend. He will take a nose-dive in terms of available girlfriends. Not worth the risk when you're already a P5 starting QB.

He already won the starting job? He's awful and would be lucky to get a starting Juco job that unless they run the option after his B1G performance

I love this place sometimes.

His ship has sailed and I only wish the very best in the future for him.

Kinda makes you wonder if some of his fabulous play the last 2 weeks has been because he knew he was leaving and figured he would "stick it" to the man on his way out.

Weed and girlfriends LOL

I hope Fleck uses that on his PowerPoint during recruiting trips

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom