Who are you cheering for in the Big Ten championship game?

• OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Votes: 108 69.2%
  • wisconsin badgers

Votes: 48 30.8%

• Total voters

El Amin Fan

Reaction score

Ohio State. Cannot root for the Badgers. Just cannot.

Ohio State has a better chance of putting up a fight in the playoff. Although they probably won't even make it. Still better than Wisconsin

PS you spelled THE Ohio State Buckeyes wrong

Sorry - I'm too much a fan of the Big Ten, and hate the south too much. Cannot reward the SEC with two schools in the playoff. That would be a load of cow manure on my driveway ... I can't deal with that.

Wisconsin all the way.

And it will be a dream season for them to boot: Rose Bowl will be their semi-final game as the #3 seed in the playoff.

Sorry - I'm too much a fan of the Big Ten, and hate the south too much. Cannot reward the SEC with two schools in the playoff. That would be a load of cow manure on my driveway ... I can't deal with that.

Wisconsin all the way.

And it will be a dream season for them to boot: Rose Bowl will be their semi-final game as the #3 seed in the playoff.

Hmmmm. I'm assuming that you are clergy...

Wisconsin all the way.

Nope.

I don't care for ohio and becky winning would be like pouring lemon juice into a paper cut. Us Gopher fans haven't suffered enough. I'm looking for becky to win and add insult to injury.

A total complete smashdown with the *uckeyes crushing the BADgers.

The U gets a nice check if Bucky makes the playoffs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is that really true -- does the conference get the check or does the team playing in the bowl game get the check? I thought it was the latter, with any money that the team doesn't spend going to the conference.

The only correct answer can be Ohio State. Missing the playoff (of which I’m not convinced will happen because #politics and conference champions) isn’t all bad. It will help prompt a small CFP expansion, eg to six or eight spots). Wisconsin goes to the playoff and by some miracle wins out...well, that’s forever folks. The Big Ten missing the playoff is a one year blip that may yield good dividends and will soon be forgotten. Nothing good comes of Wisconsin making it.

It is unconscionable to consider rooting for the Badgers who has beaten the Gophers the last 14 games.

For the sake of getting the west division some street cred on the national scene, I'd like to see WI in the playoff.

Wouldn't want the same top-4 blackballing happening to us. Wisconsin should have been a top-4 team after its 3rd top 25-ish win last week (NW, Mich, Iowa). Same BS will happen to us when we turn elite.

For the sake of getting the west division some street cred on the national scene, I'd like to see WI in the playoff.

Wouldn't want the same top-4 blackballing happening to us. Wisconsin should have been a top-4 team after its 3rd top 25-ish win last week (NW, Mich, Iowa). Same BS will happen to us when we turn elite.

This!! You guys who are always whining about Wisconsin and Iowa's successes need to take the long view. Wisconsin winning the B1G championship will be good for the Gophers both monetarily and for West Division respect. It is shortsighted rooting against the Badgers against tOSU, just like the whiners on the hoops board rooting against Purdue, Iowa, Wisconsin, et al, in the non-conference basketball games. It's better for all the B1G teams to be winning those games, so that when the Gophers beat them in conference play, those wins are against teams with better rankings (and any losses are "good" losses in the tournament committee's eyes).

I'm taking whoevers win can keep Bama out of the game. So if it requires Becky to win I guess so be it as long as Bama has to stay home and watch from their couch.

There is pretty much no difference in our cut from bowl revenues regardless of whether the B1G gets a team in the playoff or not. Might be $150k or so which is a drop in the bucket to a department with a $100M+ budget

Is that really true -- does the conference get the check or does the team playing in the bowl game get the check? I thought it was the latter, with any money that the team doesn't spend going to the conference.

The school deducts their bowl game expenses and then the remainder is split between the rest of the schools in the conference. All the power conferences get the same guaranteed payout from the playoff revenues regardless of whether they have a team participating. There is a bonus of like $6M for each team a conference has in the playoff, but you also have to consider that if a team doesn't make the playoff they will still go to one of the bowls with a $4M-5M bonus. So the extra $ that we would get for Wisconsin making the playoff might be around $150k. Can't remember how many ways we split it as I'm not sure if Rutgers/Maryland get a full share yet. It's a nominal amount either way.

I'm not going to dress up in red, but I prefer Wisconsin wins, and then beats whatever ACC or SEC team they get to play.

It's total and utter crap when you have an unbeaten team in the Big Ten and they aren't in the top 4 for most of the latter part of the season.
Seeing WI go and beat the southeast favorites is what I'd like to see happen.

Eventually people can start looking at the Big Ten West as one of the more dominant divisions in football. That would be good for Minnesota.

Is a tie out of the question?

Watching Becky win won't happen, cause I won't watch this game, so it might as well be our buck-toothed brethren from the east.

At least they are another rodent.

Is a tie out of the question?

Watching Becky win won't happen, cause I won't watch this game, so it might as well be our buck-toothed brethren from the east.

At least they are another rodent.

A tie is out of the question. A meteor hitting the stadium is always in play though.

PS - A badger isn't in the rodent family. They are part of the weasel family, which includes otters and wolverines.

36% of people are rooting for Wisconsin.

If that is even close to an accurate representation of our fan base, our program is in even worse shape than Saturday's drubbing proved.

36% of people are rooting for Wisconsin.

If that is even close to an accurate representation of our fan base, our program is in even worse shape than Saturday's drubbing proved.

Yeah, it’s legitimately crazy. Wisconsin doing well does not help the Gophers in any way, shape, or form now or in the future.

Top Bottom