Who are you cheering for in the Big Ten championship game?

Who are you cheering for in the Big Ten championship game?

• OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Votes: 108 69.2%
  • wisconsin badgers

Votes: 48 30.8%

• Total voters
Eventually you’ll come to the realization FtF is a meta troll. He’s having a good time of it but it’s definitely odd.

Agree. What if Wisconsin wins and then gets destroyed in the CFP? How does that help anyone in the B1G? It'd be the 3rd straight year a team from the B1G was blown out in the CFP.

I hope Ohio St. beats Wisconsin, wins another natty, Urban retires again due to 'health issues' and Ohio St turns into Florida.

This guy gets it ^

Pretentious (really?!... THEE ohio state university??) helmet school who always gets media love and usually crushes us vs a hated next-door neighbor rival that's beaten us 14 straight? Not even close. Go Buckeyes.

Never sconny!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know why people assume OSU would fair better in the playoff.

So, based on the results of the poll, we can see that about 30% of Gophertroll posters are badger trolls... that seems about right.

So, based on the results of the poll, we can see that about 30% of Gophertroll posters are badger trolls... that seems about right.

Badger trolls? Maybe some of them.

Bizarrely rooting for our bitter rivals on the strange basis of "West Division Pride" or some other specious reasoning? Unable to understand the negative impact that a dynastic Badger program has on our current and future prospects? Sadly that sums up an apparently decent percentage of our fan base.

Bizzare, specious, emotionally based claims that Wisconsin being great has a negative impact, at all, in Minnesota?

Sadly that sums up an apparently decent percentage ofmour fan base.

Bizzare, specious, emotionally based claims that Wisconsin being great has a negative impact, at all, in Minnesota?

You’re right. Alabama being good never hurts auburn.
USC being good never hurts UCLA.
The rise of Oregon didnt destroy a decent Oregon State program.
Michigan being down didn’t help the dantonio Michigan State program.

You’re right for sure.

You're seriously going on with this? It's a zero-sum game. There are a limited number of wins, championships, etc. to go around. For every one that wisconsin gets, it's one less for us to get. This isn't complicated.

I find some comfort in the thought that, if we followed the same naming conventions, Badger fans would post on the 'Zero National Titles Football Forum'.

Not keen on taking the risk that changes anytime soon.

Alabama being good never hurts auburn.
USC being good never hurts UCLA.
The rise of Oregon didnt destroy a decent Oregon State program.
Michigan being down didn’t help the dantonio Michigan State program.

You are correct. None of those hurt the other.

You're seriously going on with this? It's a zero-sum game. There are a limited number of wins, championships, etc. to go around. For every one that wisconsin gets, it's one less for us to get. This isn't complicated.

Minn and Wisc only play once per year. By my calculations, that means one can go 11-1 and the other 12-0 during the regular season, as the ceiling. So that's not limited.

Obviously only one team can win a championship in a given year. Currently, we aren't winning and they are winning. There are two possible ways to rectify that: a) drag them (and everyone else in the West) down to a level below where we currently are, or b) bring ourselves up to a level that is above them (and everyone else in the West).

I'm going with B. Every day, and twice on Sunday. Advocating for path A seems more than a little cowardly, to me.

Should be pretty easy guys: competition is what makes you better. Steel sharpens steel.

I'm grateful that Wisconsin has gotten so good ... because that means we have to get that much better in order to beat them! I'd much prefer to see the Gopher program RISE UP to meet the challenge, than cower away like a beat dog.

I don't get the "we hope everyone sucks in the West" opinion.

Does being a vastly weaker division than the East really do us any good.

Obviously we need to first start competing with Wisconsin, but when we do, I want it to be because we are beating them because we're a top 10 or top 20 team.
Not because the whole west sucks and no one is ranked.

If we go unbeaten some year, I don't want it to be like what Wisconsin has this year where everyone else sucks so bad that as the only unbeaten team you're still not in the CFP.

That's ridiculous.

I'd like the West Division to look like this every year

Minnesota 12-0
Team 2 - 11-2
Team 3 - 10-2
Team 4 - 9-3
Team 5 - 8-4
Team 6 - 7-5
Team 7 - 7-5

All with unbeaten non West Division records.

Minn and Wisc only play once per year. By my calculations, that means one can go 11-1 and the other 12-0 during the regular season, as the ceiling. So that's not limited.

Of course it is. We can't both be 12-0. Do you really not get this?

Obviously only one team can win a championship in a given year. Currently, we aren't winning and they are winning. There are two possible ways to rectify that: a) drag them (and everyone else in the West) down to a level below where we currently are, or b) bring ourselves up to a level that is above them (and everyone else in the West).

Either way is possible. Regardless, if wisconsin is winning the Big Ten West and potentially, the Big Ten - we aren't. Again, this is very basic, elementary stuff.

I'm going with B. Every day, and twice on Sunday. Advocating for path A seems more than a little cowardly, to me.

Huh? The "way" is immaterial. There is no scenario where wisconsin beating us and winning championships at our expense is of benefit to us.

You said wins were limited. You can't possibly be declaring 11 wins as a limited amount of wins? That would just be trolling.

Yes either way is possible, and the better way is for Minnesota to RISE UP and then beat Wisconsin because we got better than them.

You have yet to actually make an argument showing how Wisconsin winning a championship hurts us. You just keep stating it over and over, as if by stating it more times it becomes more true. We'll wait to see if you can actually provide an argument, or a hypothetical scenario that backs up your so far unbacked claim.

1. Hoping that the West division is strong when we win it and hoping for Wisconsin to lose the Big Ten championship this year are not mutually exclusive.
2. If you think that it helps us if Wisconsin wins because they are in our division then you are delusional. Each year is different in college football. Them winning this year doesn't mean anything in terms of more respect for us next year. Most fans outside of B1G country couldn't even tell you which teams are in which division in the B1G.
3. We compete with Wisconsin for recruits. Do I want Quinn Carroll sitting down in Paul Chryst's office with a shiny new B1G championship trophy in plain view? No, I don't. That might make no difference at all, or it might mean something to him. I'd rather not find out.
4. Have any friends who are Badger fans? I do. Do I want to listen to them talk about their B1G championship and CFP appearance? Nope.
5. Wouldn't it be cool if we win the B1G Championship game in 2 years and are the first team from the West to do it? I think so. Would be nice to be able to brag about that.
6. I guess some people may have forgotten this, but the Gophers and the Badgers are rivals. Real fans cheer against their rivals.
7. Every team that wasn't already a recruiting juggernaut and made the playoff saw their recruiting ranking increase by at least five spots. If you don't believe me check the 247 team recruiting rankings of Michigan State, Oregon, and Washington in the years before and after they made the playoff. I don't want them to get that extra bump.
8. About 31.58% of the people who answered this poll need a reminder on how to act like Gopher fans.
9. It is ridiculous that I need to make a list like this to try to convince some Gopher "fans" they shouldn't cheer for the Badgers. Pathetic.

You said wins were limited.

They are. If there are x number of games, there are x/2 number of wins available. Both teams can't possibly win.

Yes either way is possible, and the better way is for Minnesota to RISE UP and then beat Wisconsin because we got better than them.

Great. No one said otherwise.

You have yet to actually make an argument showing how Wisconsin winning a championship hurts us.

I have, quite clearly. Your incapability of understanding it doesn't make it not true.

Here, let me try one more time in the way I would explain it to my 6-year-old daughter. There is one Big Ten west championship. There is one Big Ten championship. If wisconsin wins either (or both), by definition we cannot. Therefore, wisconsin winning hurts us.

I'm sorry if your comprehension is limited, but I really cannot make it any simpler than that.

1. Hoping that the West division is strong when we win it and hoping for Wisconsin to lose the Big Ten championship this year are not mutually exclusive.
2. If you think that it helps us if Wisconsin wins because they are in our division then you are delusional. Each year is different in college football. Them winning this year doesn't mean anything in terms of more respect for us next year. Most fans outside of B1G country couldn't even tell you which teams are in which division in the B1G.
3. We compete with Wisconsin for recruits. Do I want Quinn Carroll sitting down in Paul Chryst's office with a shiny new B1G championship trophy in plain view? No, I don't. That might make no difference at all, or it might mean something to him. I'd rather not find out.
4. Have any friends who are Badger fans? I do. Do I want to listen to them talk about their B1G championship and CFP appearance? Nope.
5. Wouldn't it be cool if we win the B1G Championship game in 2 years and are the first team from the West to do it? I think so. Would be nice to be able to brag about that.
6. I guess some people may have forgotten this, but the Gophers and the Badgers are rivals. Real fans cheer against their rivals.
7. Every team that wasn't already a recruiting juggernaut and made the playoff saw their recruiting ranking increase by at least five spots. If you don't believe me check the 247 team recruiting rankings of Michigan State, Oregon, and Washington in the years before and after they made the playoff. I don't want them to get that extra bump.
8. About 31.58% of the people who answered this poll need a reminder on how to act like Gopher fans.
9. It is ridiculous that I need to make a list like this to try to convince some Gopher "fans" they shouldn't cheer for the Badgers. Pathetic.

We don't realistically compete with Wisconsin head-to-head for that many recruits, frankly. Just because some website lists both schools under a player's recruiting profile, doesn't mean both are giving it everything they've got to beat the other out.

Most of the rest of your list was just whiny fluff. Sure as heck not worth throwing the Big Ten conference under the bus for.

They are. If there are x number of games, there are x/2 number of wins available. Both teams can't possibly win.

Glad you agree that going 11-1 is a great season. I think so too.

Great. No one said otherwise.

Glad you agree that rising up to Wisconsin's level is a better way than dragging them down to where we are now. By definition then, you agree that Wisconsin being strong, forcing us to get better via competition, is better.

If wisconsin wins either (or both), by definition we cannot.

And you have yet to even put forth an argument backing up the idea that this hurts us.

It doesn't. It makes us stronger, in fact.

Glad you agree that going 11-1 is a great season. I think so too.

Glad you agree that rising up to Wisconsin's level is a better way than dragging them down to where we are now. By definition then, you agree that Wisconsin being strong, forcing us to get better via competition, is better.

And you have yet to even put forth an argument backing up the idea that this hurts us.

It doesn't. It makes us stronger, in fact.

Holy balls, you're dense.

You are not intelligent enough to realize it, but you're in essence arguing that wisconsin winning the Big Ten is the same as us winning it. We should be equally happy either way, by your logic.

Quantity of posts doesn't equal quality, by the way.

you're in essence arguing that wisconsin winning the Big Ten is the same as us winning it. We should be equally happy either way, by your logic.

That you can't understand that this is the complete opposite of my position, goes a long way in showing why you continue to fall over yourself to speak past me, rather than try to understand what I'm saying.

So be it

Ok I will jump in here. In my perfect world Minnesota is 12-0 and Wisconsin is winless and Iowa has 1 win.

Don't really care where Purdue, Illinois and Northwestern end up. Frankly it is odd to me that there is any argument (I guess a few could have reason to flip Wisconsin and Iowa but that is it) about this on a Gopher fan board.

Top Bottom