Who are you cheering for in the Big Ten championship game?

Who are you cheering for in the Big Ten championship game?

• OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Votes: 108 69.2%
  • wisconsin badgers

Votes: 48 30.8%

• Total voters
36% of people are rooting for Wisconsin.

If that is even close to an accurate representation of our fan base, our program is in even worse shape than Saturday's drubbing proved.

+1000 Good grief. Wake-up Gopher fans!

Must be BADger fans on our website. No self respecting Gopher could even consider that.

I’d never root for Wisconsin or Iowa unless it benefitted the Gophers in some way. A Badgers win does nothing for us, so go Buckeyes.

From here on out I'm rooting for the B1G in every game [emoji206][emoji243][emoji881][emoji241][emoji192][emoji205]?

The question is, does Georgia, Miami, or OSU jump Bama with a win? Because keeping Bama out would be my ideal situation.

If the beneficiary of a Wisconsin loss was anybody other than Alabama, I'd be all in on the Buckeyes.....if you told me OSU would go to the playoff with the win, O-H-I-O...

BUT.....I'm so torn on this.

22 votes for wisconsin? Are you effing kidding me?

I hate WI but it's barely any more than OSU.

Seeing the Big Ten West in the CFP wouldn't be the worst thing.

In the end, it's just a game and if WI wins, good for them.
We have our own work to do and their success is independent of our success except the one day a year we play them.

Ohio State for sure. Can't go for the Badgers.

Even if I came close to thinking about rooting for Wisconsin, this would pop in my head:

Wisconsin. Good for the B10. And then they'll get destroyed in their first match up and likely never regain respect.

Wisconsin. Good for the B10. And then they'll get destroyed in their first match up and likely never regain respect.
Never regain respect? Let's worry about our program earning any respect. wisconsin will still have respect nationwide even if they get smoked in the semis.

I'm not offended by Wisconsin's success in the slightest and will absolutely be pulling for them versus OSU. In my perfect world all the teams in the Big Ten would be powerhouses, and we'd just spank them anyway because we're that much better.

Point being, seeing an undefeated team come out of the Big Ten is exciting and interesting for me. On the flip side, seeing an OSU team underperform and then sneak into the playoffs somehow isn't as exciting for me personally.

This!! You guys who are always whining about Wisconsin and Iowa's successes need to take the long view. Wisconsin winning the B1G championship will be good for the Gophers both monetarily and for West Division respect. It is shortsighted rooting against the Badgers against tOSU, just like the whiners on the hoops board rooting against Purdue, Iowa, Wisconsin, et al, in the non-conference basketball games. It's better for all the B1G teams to be winning those games, so that when the Gophers beat them in conference play, those wins are against teams with better rankings (and any losses are "good" losses in the tournament committee's eyes).

wisconsin winning Big Ten championships is good for us just like Amazon's record sales numbers are good for traditional brick-and-mortar stores.

This is the dumbest poll to date. I don't vote for trash so go Buckeyes. Last Saturday I was surrounded by the worst group of fans I have ever encountered in my life. Given their intake of alcohol, a lengthy lifespan is probably not in the cards and this can be a good or bad thing depending upon your point of view.

Ski-U-Mah !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fair play to all who aren't OK with Badger success under any circumstances.

Forest through the trees is my mentality.

I hate WI but it's barely any more than OSU.

Seeing the Big Ten West in the CFP wouldn't be the worst thing.

In the end, it's just a game and if WI wins, good for them.
We have our own work to do and their success is independent of our success except the one day a year we play them.

Correct.

No one here has even attempted a logical, factual argument on how Wisconsin's success would be a barrier to success at Minnesota. If anything, it boosts our efforts to succeed.

Won't follow mindless haters.

And you'd think with these guys that the U has been neck and neck with Wisconsin. They've won the last 14. It's not even a rivalry anymore. Unless you think we have a legit rivalry with Ohio State too? :rolleyes:

A great example disproving them is Alabama and Auburn. You've all seen, without doubt how Auburn has stepped its game up to match Alabama. Competition forces you to get better. Did Auburn say "let's just stay mediocre and hope Alabama stumbles!" ?? No!

Correct.

No one here has even attempted a logical, factual argument on how Wisconsin's success would be a barrier to success at Minnesota. If anything, it boosts our efforts to succeed.

Won't follow mindless haters.

And you'd think with these guys that the U has been neck and neck with Wisconsin. They've won the last 14. It's not even a rivalry anymore. Unless you think we have a legit rivalry with Ohio State too? :rolleyes:

Let me make this really simple for you...No real Gopher fan cheers for the Badgers unless it directly helps us. Please attempt to make a logical, factual argument as to why Wisconsin winning this game helps us. (And you aren't allowed to talk about "respect for our division" because that is nonsense.)

You are trolling. Congratulations on earning my response ya troll

WI winning a national championship definately helps the B1G and MN. It helps.

I would rather say I lost 31-0 to the national champs than just some rando...

Yeah, it’s legitimately crazy. Wisconsin doing well does not help the Gophers in any way, shape, or form now or in the future.

It's pretty damn bizarre, that's for sure. I cannot even imagine a scenario in which I could root for Wisconsin, ever. If you cannot hate your true and honest rivals with the white-hot intensity of 1,000 suns, then what's the point of even having rivals? But whatever. I guess not everyone feels the same way towards them.

Go Buckeyes! I had too hear too many drunken Badger fans on Saturday for my liking.

If Wisconsin beats OSU
Badger go to CFP.
They win CFP.
Next year they go through season ranked #1.

We travel to Wisconsin.
We beat Wisconsin by 42 points in Madison.
We go to CFP next year.

We crush Oregon and Alabama and win our 8th title (because we have a winning streak against Alabama and Oregon).

If OSU wins,
Wisconsin doesn't win CFP
The highest they get ranked next year is #8.
We beat them, they drop to 22.
We only move up to #7.
Our best win next year is over a one loss 22nd ranked WI team.
We miss the CFP next year.

We need Wisconsin to win so our strength of schedule is good enough for us to make CFP next year.

Start thinking like the program we want to be, not the program we've been.

Yeah, it’s legitimately crazy. Wisconsin doing well does not help the Gophers in any way, shape, or form now or in the future.

Agree. What if Wisconsin wins and then gets destroyed in the CFP? How does that help anyone in the B1G? It'd be the 3rd straight year a team from the B1G was blown out in the CFP.

I hope Ohio St. beats Wisconsin, wins another natty, Urban retires again due to 'health issues' and Ohio St turns into Florida.

You obviously do not remember or are too young to recall the Minnesota - Ohio State basketball brawl and the reaction from Ohio State. Ohio State officials called for kicking Minnesota out of the Big Ten, beheading Musselman, sanctions against the Gophers. They did succeed in getting the Gophers Globe Trotter like pre-game warm-up banned (it incited the fans to riot). The entire state of Ohio went nuts with hatred for all things Gopher. And, Michigan lined up right behind them (where they have pretty much remained ever since). BTW - Michigan State requested the Gophers to put on the pre-game warm up at Michigan State shortly after the Big Ten banned it. Best thing ever in sports! I will for ever love Sparty for that. Not so much OSU and Michigan. I have left Twins games at Milwaukee early because of drunk Brewers fans harassing me. I have seen drunk Badger fans piss in the seats at Memorial stadium. The cheeseheads are the most obnoxious, drunken, idiotic loudmouths in the entire conference. AND, I hope they kick the crap out of the Buckeyes.

You obviously do not remember or are too young to recall the Minnesota - Ohio State basketball brawl and the reaction from Ohio State. Ohio State officials called for kicking Minnesota out of the Big Ten, beheading Musselman, sanctions against the Gophers. They did succeed in getting the Gophers Globe Trotter like pre-game warm-up banned (it incited the fans to riot). The entire state of Ohio went nuts with hatred for all things Gopher. And, Michigan lined up right behind them (where they have pretty much remained ever since). BTW - Michigan State requested the Gophers to put on the pre-game warm up at Michigan State shortly after the Big Ten banned it. Best thing ever in sports! I will for ever love Sparty for that. Not so much OSU and Michigan. I have left Twins games at Milwaukee early because of drunk Brewers fans harassing me. I have seen drunk Badger fans piss in the seats at Memorial stadium. The cheeseheads are the most obnoxious, drunken, idiotic loudmouths in the entire conference. AND, I hope they kick the crap out of the Buckeyes.

Ok you badger trash

I want to see the Badgers dreams get crushed by OSU. Those obnoxious young WI fans were all born on 3rd base. Time for their pipe dream to end.

I remember 59-0.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

If Wisconsin beats OSU
Badger go to CFP.
They win CFP.

We travel to Wisconsin.
We go to CFP next year.

We crush Oregon and Alabama and win our 8th title (because we have a winning streak against Alabama and Oregon).

If OSU wins,
We only move up to #7.

We need Wisconsin to win so our strength of schedule is good enough for us to make CFP next year.

This is the dumbest thing I've ever seen. How WI performs in post season has NOTHING to do with MN.

I gotta go with Bucky. As much as those POS kids rip on me after we lose, they cheer for 'em, so I will too.

I still hate 'em though!

If the beneficiary of a Wisconsin loss was anybody other than Alabama, I'd be all in on the Buckeyes.....if you told me OSU would go to the playoff with the win, O-H-I-O...

BUT.....I'm so torn on this.
The math is not hard. NEVER cheer for WI. Doesn't matter if you think it helps SEC or whatever. It doesn't help the B1G or MN regardless of who wins.

Bucky has 0 national titles. Let's keep it that way.

If Wisconsin beats OSU
Badger go to CFP.
They win CFP.

We travel to Wisconsin.
We go to CFP next year.

If OSU wins,
We only move up to #7.

I suggest this:

https://www.cvs.com/shop/first-check-home-drug-test-prodid-1012886

Top Bottom