Who are you cheering for in the Big Ten championship game?

Who are you cheering for in the Big Ten championship game?

• OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Votes: 108 69.2%
  • wisconsin badgers

Votes: 48 30.8%

• Total voters
I don't get it.

I'd sooner have a Gopher opponent win the national title than some other team from the southeast.

If Wisconsin doesn't fare well, we continue to move into what people could consider the MAC West.

Seeing the Badgers in the playoff would be much more interesting than watching the committee shoe-horn their beloved Buckeyes in there again, only to get throttled. I want nothing more as a CFB fan than to see the Gophers destroy the Badgers for the next 15 years. But that has nothing to do with this game.

Rooting against the Badgers because they've owned the Gophers forever just looks petty and small. The Gophers need to settle their own score. But then again i guess I'm not a 'fan'. Haha

I think the Big Ten West will be ridiculed until we are represented in the CFP.

I'd be mad as hell if we go unbeaten and are borderline the whole season like WI was.

I'd be mad as hell if we go unbeaten and are borderline the whole season like WI was.

I don't want to be overly deferential to the hated Badgers, but they really are in a way a proxy for any future potential Gopher playoff bid, and them getting into the playoff would absolutely be a boost to the BTW, especially if they make a respectable showing.

With Brohm staying at Purdue, possibly Frost going to Nebraska, and PJ bringing along the Gophers (fingers crossed), the division could be on the brink of a breakthrough.

I see that The Daily Gopher wrote a nice response to BADger loving trolls like MnplsGopher and a few other's trying to spoil our threads. Click to read "Big Ten Football title game: Minnesota fans who cheer for Wisconsin are Wrong"

I just read that.

There are several strawman arguments that I don't think people are actually saying.

"Wisconsin will cheer for us one day".
I don't know why or who anyone is saying that as a reason to learn towards WI vs OSU.

the other one is

"If Wisconsin can do it, we can do it"

Another horrible argument the writer seemed to create himself just to get to 5 reasons.

Regarding the other three points.

1. We should support the Big Ten.
He says it's about respect and that if we're worried about respect, we should adjust our priorities. I don't think leaning for WI over OSU in a single game or two is upsetting people to the point they have turned down new jobs, avoided their wives or children, or anything else. We just prefer to cheer for WI over OSU for one of many reasons, but none so serious that our lives are upside down.

2. We want the Big Ten to be Respected so we're respected when we're finally good.
He says if Minnesota goes unbeaten, they won't be left out. That's the exact point WI was facing this whole season if there weren't enough other one loss teams. An even better case would be if MN went 11-1 one season and beat a 2-3 loss MSU or Michigan team in a Big Ten Final. He's simply wrong on this point and watching the CFP rankings this year was clear evidence of that.

3. Wisconsin winning means OSU or Bama won't make it. He says "Grow up Peter Pan, who cares if Bama or OSU makes it". Well, the average Gopher fan does evidently. Somehow he's weighing his own fandom along with the other 65-70 of OSU over Badger fans as being more important that fans who are sick and tired of Bama or OSU. Why are people not entitled to hate OSU, Hate Bama, or hate the idea of two SEC teams getting in if they don't like the SEC.

In all, I think it's a pretty week article.

He has no points on why cheering for OSU would be better. He just tries to shoot holes (weakly) in why you don't cheer for WI, meanwhile it's a zero sum game. OSU or WI is going to win.
Chances are if we want to make a CFP, we'll have to beat OSU as well.

Where is his outrage about that.

Their non-con was a joke and their resume is poor. The eye test and the advanced stats say they look like a good team though, and if they get by the Buckeyes they should get in. Lose and they’re out, and they ought to be.

The question is which OSU team shows up tomorrow? They seem to be missing the ever-elusive secret sauce this year but with their talen they could go off at any time. It’s going to be fun to watch.

Their non-con was a joke and their resume is poor. The eye test and the advanced stats say they look like a good team though, and if they get by the Buckeyes they should get in. Lose and they’re out, and they ought to be.

The question is which OSU team shows up tomorrow? They seem to be missing the ever-elusive secret sauce this year but with their talen they could go off at any time. It’s going to be fun to watch.

Did you see OSU's backup QB play?
They pull that guy out of the woodwork, and it's the same crap of being unstoppable again.
They go about 3 deep with QB's that are insanely good, and we... well. I'll just stop there.

I think it will be a good game, but I think WI might win 28-10 or so.
WI defense is good. Their offense is good. I think they really have a chance.

I don't want to be overly deferential to the hated Badgers, but they really are in a way a proxy for any future potential Gopher playoff bid, and them getting into the playoff would absolutely be a boost to the BTW, especially if they make a respectable showing.

With Brohm staying at Purdue, possibly Frost going to Nebraska, and PJ bringing along the Gophers (fingers crossed), the division could be on the brink of a breakthrough.

Brohm will not be at Purdue if he wins. There are greener pastures.

I will cheering against Wisconsin more than I will be cheering against Ohio State.

The only way a B1G team is in is for tOSU to lose as much as we hate Wiscy.

A B1G west team wins the title.

I am sick to my stomach, but I changed my mind and root for a B1G team in the playoff. :(

Is this a joke?.....OSU. I'm hoping for a similar result to the butt****!ng that occurred during the bball game earlier.

I have to say.....Paul Chryst is a much more likable guy than Burt. While I still hate Wisconsin......I find that I don't quite hate them as much. Chryst seems like a good dude. Much better than Meyer.

Is this a joke?.....OSU. I'm hoping for a similar result to the butt****!ng that occurred during the bball game earlier.

I have to say.....Paul Chryst is a much more likable guy than Burt. While I still hate Wisconsin......I find that I don't quite hate them as much. Chryst seems like a good dude. Much better than Meyer.

I agree. I am curious about the attendance. This game does not draw well. The lower levels are usually filled but I guess there is added incentive for skunk fans this year. Go Bucks!!

Ski-U-Mah !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is a c@rnh@l!ng, but B1G pride takes precedence.

I agree. I am curious about the attendance. This game does not draw well. The lower levels are usually filled but I guess there is added incentive for skunk fans this year. Go Bucks!!

Ski-U-Mah !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Me and you both, homie.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I'm up for a third straight record-setting conference championship game loss for Wisconsin. Better dead than red! Don't understand why anyone wants to see Wisconsin succeed.

I'm up for a third straight record-setting conference championship game loss for Wisconsin. Better dead than red! Don't understand why anyone wants to see Wisconsin succeed.

And that curvy W logo is absolutely hideous.

Go Gophers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was hoping for Wisconsin to show well and win tonight, but they are not so far.
So if that's the case, getting blown out by OSU is the next best option.

You all got what you wanted: the Big Ten is stained.

You all got what you wanted: the Big Ten is stained.

Stained? What the hell are you talking about?

The Pac 12 has been left out frequently, the Big XII was left out with Baylor/TCU at 5 and 6, etc.

The Big Ten will be just fine moving forward. Stop being so dramatic.

I still have no way of telling that Alabama and Georgia are any better than PSU, OSU, or WI.

This would have been an ideal year for 8 teams because any of the top 8 could win.

Top Bottom