Fresno State

Goldmember

Reaction score
Gophers host Fresno State next September.

Fresno State is playing for the MWC Championship next week against Boise State.

This game will be a good alternative to watch if you can't stand to watch this year's Big Ten Championship.

Sorry, but I'm in the minority on this one. I'll be watching the Big Ten Championship and hopeful we get a seat in the playoff.

Agreed, FtF.

Fresno already beat Boise last week, but the game was in Fresno. Will be tougher for the Cali guys to go up into the cold, brokeback mountains and beat the Broncos on the blue turf.

Sorry, but I'm in the minority on this one. I'll be watching the Big Ten Championship and hopeful we get a seat in the playoff.

So strange.

Any Gopher fan who is rooting for Wisco based on the whimsical reasoning of the Big Ten getting a team in the playoff is a certified nut.

Only punk ass bitches root for Wisconsin. Also since when did we start acting SEC fans.

I'm hoping for a repeat of that 59-0 drubbing Wisconsin got in 2014. That game was awesome.

Sooo ... back to the 2018 Gophers week 2 oppenent... how about that Jeff Tedford ?

Tedford had a really nice run at Cal in the 2000's. Couple 10 win, top 15 ranked years in 2004 (some guy named Rodgers was the QB) and 2006 (Marshawn Lynch RB). Seven straight bowl games 2003 - 2009, with five wins.

Guy knows a thing or two about football.

It's too bad that so many head coaching runs end with a bad season or two and a firing, these days. Seems like few coaches get to ride off into the sunset anymore.

So strange.

Any Gopher fan who is rooting for Wisco based on the whimsical reasoning of the Big Ten getting a team in the playoff is a certified nut.

I am a proud member of the certified nut club then.

Back on topic, I would love to stomp Fresno next year and convince a recruit or two from that area to give Dinkytown a shot after this game puts us on the map for them.

I would love to stomp Fresno next year and convince a recruit or two from that area to give Dinkytown a shot after this game puts us on the map for them.

You mean from California in general, or specifically the central valley? I don't think the CV is much of a football hotbed. It's generally a poor, agriculture area with a huge number of Hispanic farm laborers.

You mean from California in general, or specifically the central valley? I don't think the CV is much of a football hotbed. It's generally a poor, agriculture area with a huge number of Hispanic farm laborers.

Fair enough. Yes, generally speaking about California, not the central valley area specifically.

I'm tempted by a road trip for 2019. I was stationed at Castle AFB about an hour north of there in the 80's. Never made it to a Fresno State game.

You are dead wrong. The Fresno/Clovis area always produces a good crop of D1 athletes.
The Clovis HS's are built like college campuses with outdoor lockers under sun shields.
The athletic facilities are amazing. Better than most D3 college stadiums. Their football stadium
seats 10k. The area is heavily recruited by the PAC.

You are dead wrong. The Fresno/Clovis area always produces a good crop of D1 athletes.
The Clovis HS's are built like college campuses with outdoor lockers under sun shields.
The athletic facilities are amazing. Better than most D3 college stadiums. Their football stadium
seats 10k. The area is heavily recruited by the PAC.

Sure, I'm happy to be educated on specifics. Certainly a metro the size of Fresno is going to have some money in it. So no surprise that if Clovis is the upper-middle class suburb of Fresno, then it's going to produce somewhat. I'm sure there are more specific examples in larger cities from Stockton to Bakersfield.

Top Bottom