SEC Coaching Search Dumpster Fires

Goldmember

Reaction score

To be fair, I wouldn’t want the gophers to hire someone who knew about Sandusky

Florida and Tennessee are worse than Nebraska.

I'm glad we did our coaching search when we did.

To be fair, I wouldn’t want the gophers to hire someone who knew about Sandusky

I agree. If he knew. But I don't think there is any way to know that for sure.

But the AD should have been prepared forwhoever was hired to be examined with a microscope.

Frankly, I'm not convinced his (potential? limited?) knowledge of Sandusky is the basis of Vols fans' rage. The basis of it all a quote about a second-hand account of something that had happened many years prior, buried in a deposition. I think Vols fans just won't accept whoever is willing to coach there.

I agree. If he knew. But I don't think there is any way to know that for sure.

But the AD should have been prepared forwhoever was hired to be examined with a microscope.

Frankly, I'm not convinced his (potential? limited?) knowledge of Sandusky is the basis of Vols fans' rage. The basis of it all a quote about a second-hand account of something that had happened many years prior, buried in a deposition. I think Vols fans just won't accept whoever is willing to coach there.

Way to go Vol fans. Coaches will be banging on Tennessee's door.

Mullen was a pretty good hire at Florida. He may have been the third choice, but his resume is impressive. Might seem like just the safe move, but he'd be a home run hire at most schools.

The Tennessee situation is beyond embarrassing. Possibly having to pay off a coach to go away before he is even introduced? That can't possibly have ever happened before.

Mullen was a pretty good hire at Florida. He may have been the third choice, but his resume is impressive. Might seem like just the safe move, but he'd be a home run hire at most schools.

Agree, Mullen is a solid coach for Florida. He will have top pick of the greatest pool of talent anywhere, and is moving to a much weaker division.

But it's a zero-sum move for the SEC. It's like Pat Fitzgerald moving to Michigan or Ohio State.

I hear Kiffin would be interested

If Jimbo Fisher goes to Texas A&M, which was rumored earlier today, Lane may end up at FSU.

The Schiano thing was a total cluster, but I wouldn't hire the guy regardless of whether he may have known about Sandusky. He was mediocre at Rutgers, and his time in the NFL was a complete and total disaster. Trying to pull a tough guy routine with millionaire players, and then half the locker room caught MSRA. The guy is a train wreck.

I find all this interesting. What is widely viewed as the premium conference, with the best jobs, is now suddenly difficult to find guys that want to go there. Florida poached one otherwise no one else is solid on anything. Arkansas is hiring 2 search firms, Tennessee muffed it up big time already, if A &M doesn't get Fischer (why would you leave Jimbo?) it sounds like they don't have a fallback. Mississippi State lost a great one in Mullen...how do you replace that? Buyout at Florida was surprisingly low. With all of this and looking at the twilight zone PJF WMU board postings I'm fine with this taking a few years. Ugly right now!

If Jimbo Fisher goes to Texas A&M, which was rumored earlier today, Lane may end up at FSU.

The Schiano thing was a total cluster, but I wouldn't hire the guy regardless of whether he may have known about Sandusky. He was mediocre at Rutgers, and his time in the NFL was a complete and total disaster. Trying to pull a tough guy routine with millionaire players, and then half the locker room caught MSRA. The guy is a train wreck.

I actually look at his success at Rutgers as a selling point...something like taking them to 6 bowl games in 7 years is pretty impressive for that school. Also don't think the MRSA infections can be attributed to him, but I agree that it contributed to a weird atmosphere there with distractions that no coach needs.

Umm, in a way the Gophers hired the Schiano way. PJF and his staff have more of their coaching DNA in him than anyone else.

Would be great if Frost ended up at FSU

Looks like Tennessee was all set to bring in Mike Leach, but the Univeristy Officials didn't want that and canned the AD.

Fulmer reportedly sabotaging coaching search in hopes of becoming the new AD.

Top Bottom