Demry Croft a no-show at season ending banquet

The truth is lost somewhere in the middle of the playing field at TCF.

I predict he will transfer to somewhere nowhere and then never be heard from again.
So...he'll be like 99% of the world? Could be worse.
I wish every person who leaves all the best. These last two years have been tough for this football program. People need to be where they are able to enjoy life and be productive citizeens.
Best of luck to Demry.

That's just BS. Connor Rhoda, by all accounts a fantastic kid, leader, graduated, and a Minnesota kid, wins the first three games and completes over 50% of his passes. Croft, gets suspended, plays well in mop up time against MSU, and then is given the job. Plays absolutely awful. Not even close to a Big Ten QB, but Fleck stays with him. Then tells him to stay home from the banquet. He must have done something really bad. What a bunch of BS. Fleck continues to show he is in way over his head in every category except for the LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME category. Total BS.

This is all about culture! If we can assume what we have read is true, that DC was asked not to attend banquet. DC was suspended earlier in the year for obvious
culture (team rules) violations. If DC was planning on leaving and already has a plan, he may have shown his immaturity and again, violated team rules after yesterdays game, which in turn would have proven best to have him not present at the banquet. My guess is that DC had become a cancer for Fleck. If this is the case I support Fleck 100%.

Hmmm....speculation is flying but if people are on the right track, Fleck saying that the kids were taking the loss hard and Barber adding similar words may very well mean the pot boiled over yesterday afternoon. It is too bad. I wish that things would have transpired better.

Also per Doogie, Demry not being there wasn’t his decision. Someone (PJ) told him to stay away

Wow. If true, it is quite obvious that Demry and PJ have serious, serious issues.

Quite obvious that Demry blew up at PJ after the Oregon State game, for being essentially benched and demoted for the fumble. And that's why he was suspended for two weeks.

Guessing some similar type of blow up happened again, and PJ basically said "you're done here, don't even bother going to the team banquet".

Should go without saying that I'm making this all up on the spot, pulling it out of my rear. But seems like it could be something close to truth, no?

Certainly plausible it's a power play/example- setting moment for PJ both instances. Without knowing the details, yup we're talking from our posteriors. Certainly interesting drama.

Like most of Demry’s passes, this story is incomplete.

This is all about culture! If we can assume what we have read is true, that DC was asked not to attend banquet. DC was suspended earlier in the year for obvious
culture (team rules) violations. If DC was planning on leaving and already has a plan, he may have shown his immaturity and again, violated team rules after yesterdays game, which in turn would have proven best to have him not present at the banquet. My guess is that DC had become a cancer for Fleck. If this is the case I support Fleck 100%.

Right like the guard that transferred from the basketball team two years ago (can’t remember his name). I don’t know if you want someone at the team banquet if he no longer wants to be part of the team.

Must have gotten tired of KCs unimaginative play calling and his perpetually worsening protection provided by his OL.

I must say I'm amazed at how little criticism KC has gotten for the predictable offense he showed all year long and lack of creativity his attack showed week in and week out. I know he had a suboptimal WR group to work with but help them get open with rubs and picks, or throw to Lingen once in a while (yes I know he caught the same drop bug that everyone seemed to catch). How about throwing on 1st down more than 25% of the time over the last 3 defeats so that the opposition can't have 8 in the box all the time. Yes I know we're supposedly a running team but averaging 1.7 yards per 1st down running play over the 3 losses is a guaranteed way to get the opposition to tee of on our hapless line on 2nd and 3rd down.

Thanks for letting me vent- I'm just worried I'm gonna need to vent a lot more next year with a rsF starting next year as of now with no scholarship QBs behind him (please don't mention the future TE as a QB).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wouldn’t it be nice if a coach came in and said; I run a different style defense/offense than the other coach ran and recruited for. Plus I have to learn the talent/ability of the kids I inherited and the ability of the teams in the conference so we will have some rough times in year one?

All Fleck has proven is that he “can’t beat you with his players and then go to the other side of the field and beat you with your players.” Fleck can coach; we will be fine.[emoji41]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm thinking Demry didn't appreciate playing all 60 minutes of two straight blowouts with a hamstring injury. Likely didn't like the coach making his injury public after the jNU game either. Maybe didn't like how PJ basically trashed him publicly all year either. I don't know what went down, but I think it is 50/50 who quit on who here.

If we can somehow indicate we have receivers that can catch a ball (current or recruits) this should be a very clear opportunity for a good QB to come in and potentially start on day 1. Here is one hoping Fleck can get'ur done on the recruiting trail.

Must have gotten tired of KCs unimaginative play calling and his perpetually worsening protection provided by his OL.

I must say I'm amazed at how little criticism KC has gotten for the predictable offense he showed all year long and lack of creativity his attack showed week in and week out. I know he had a suboptimal WR group to work with but help them get open with rubs and picks, or throw to Lingen once in a while (yes I know he caught the same drop bug that everyone seemed to catch). How about throwing on 1st down more than 25% of the time over the last 3 defeats so that the opposition can't have 8 in the box all the time. Yes I know we're supposedly a running team but averaging 1.7 yards per 1st down running play over the 3 losses is a guaranteed way to get the opposition to tee of on our hapless line on 2nd and 3rd down.

Thanks for letting me vent- I'm just worried I'm gonna need to vent a lot more next year with a rsF starting next year as of now with no scholarship QBs behind him (please don't mention the future TE as a QB).

No no, it’s all DC11’s fault. :rolleyes: We will probably be better at WR next year almost by default. OL and QB not certain but hopeful.

my source says this stems back from the original suspension. He was given a second chance and blew out and that this is coming from the coaching staff. FWIW

my source says this stems back from the original suspension. He was given a second chance and blew out and that this is coming from the coaching staff. FWIW

I'm not sure we ever heard a reliable story as to the issues causing the first suspension??

I'm thinking Demry didn't appreciate playing all 60 minutes of two straight blowouts with a hamstring injury. Likely didn't like the coach making his injury public after the jNU game either. Maybe didn't like how PJ basically trashed him publicly all year either. I don't know what went down, but I think it is 50/50 who quit on who here.

Your "thinking" on this is nothing more than a guess, like all of us. Shockingly, you've assumed Fleck is at fault. I do have a question for you. You've brought up Fleck's lying and not living up to the culture he talks about. What are the lies you are referring to?

Your "thinking" on this is nothing more than a guess, like all of us. Shockingly, you've assumed Fleck is at fault. I do have a question for you. You've brought up Fleck's lying and not living up to the culture he talks about. What are the lies you are referring to?

You think? Wouldn't you say my 50/50 remark and using the words "maybe" and "likely" and "I'm thinking" admitted as much. How about when I said "I don't know what went down"? Was that a hint I wasn't claiming I knew any inside info?

I didn't assume PJ was at fault. I think it is equally as likely he is as he isn't. I think it is most likely they share in the divide. Doesn't really matter now.

I have implied PJ isn't sincere with a lot of what he says. That alone would imply he doesn't live up to the culture he preaches. I could rehash examples again all night and you wouldn't buy it. Hell, some even defend his "pay cut" as sincere. There, that's an example for you.

I don't think we should challenge the brave and noble Sir Spoofin. After all, he's on a crusade.

I don't think we should challenge the brave and noble Sir Spoofin. After all, he's on a crusade.

Challenge me for stating my opinion - presented as an opinion and not fact - on a message board? Go ahead Mulligan - you always have such great input here aid love to hear it now.

Top Bottom