Demry Croft a no-show at season ending banquet

Okay, so your belief that Fleck doesn't always live by the culture he preaches is based your gut feeling on a few issues. Thats fine. You've posted your viewpoint on multiple threads. We got it. Any chance you can stop posting this take until Fleck comes out and tells us an obvious lie? Since everyone tells lies throughout their life. Most of us know it's wrong and try not to, but it happens. In my opinion, the ones that are of real concern are those that are malicious. On the other end are ones like an answer to this question: "does this dress make me look fat?"

Okay, so your belief that Fleck doesn't always live by the culture he preaches is based your gut feeling on a few issues. Thats fine. You've posted your viewpoint on multiple threads. We got it. Any chance you can stop posting this take until Fleck comes out and tells us an obvious lie? Since everyone tells lies throughout their life. Most of us know it's wrong and try not to, but it happens. In my opinion, the ones that are of real concern are those that are malicious. On the other end are ones like an answer to this question: "does this dress make me look fat?"

I will continue to state my opinion about PJ on here when topics are discussed that I feel warrant said opinion. That simple. I don't expect others to agree and it doesn't hurt my feelings if they don't pay attention. There is an ignore feature if you don't like reading my opinions.

I don't think PJ tells malicious lies. What I think he does is say things that are misleading and sometimes dishonest - preying on what others want to hear. To try and further his "culture" in a way that doesn't follow his "culture". I don't think that makes him a bad person - I think it makes him transparent and someone I don't like. I hope it fosters a lot of winning seasons because I always have, do, and will love the Gophers - regardless of who is the coach and what I think of that coach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, turns out the weed talk, etc was a crock. Obviously felt he was made an example of, unfairly perhaps, if the video statement is true.

The comments on his tweet are depressing. Losing has really brought out the dip**** football geniuses. Have to agree with Spoofin seems like Fleck targeted him early and rode him hard publicly, which was really odd. If that was all over a rambunctious prank gone wrong I’m aghast.

Whatever actually happened (which we'll probably never know), I'm sorry it came to this and I wish him the best. He seems like a nice young man.

So, turns out the weed talk, etc was a crock. Obviously felt he was made an example of, unfairly perhaps, if the video statement is true.

The comments on his tweet are depressing. Losing has really brought out the dip**** football geniuses. Have to agree with Spoofin seems like Fleck targeted him early and rode him hard publicly, which was really odd. If that was all over a rambunctious prank gone wrong I’m aghast.
The weed talk was not a crock

The weed talk was not a crock

The punching the door is obfuscation of whats really going on. Word is he failed another drug test and also posted a (redacted, see: not good) GPA this semester. Fleck internally drug tests his team, which i don’t necessarily agree with, but that is the real story of all these mystery supensions. Also the GPA is gonna make for a tough transfer. My guess is he will have to go juco.

Pretty sure the weed talk was legit. The door incident was the straw that broke the camel's back.

As for targeting Demry, I think that is clear too. I'm not saying it wasn't for cause, but done none-the-less. Doesn't seem real elite. Demry was bad talked by PJ more than anyone and was they only player benched for not falling on a fumble - which many players didn't do..... including CR15 twice that I can recall off hand.

Pretty sure the weed talk was legit. The door incident was the straw that broke the camel's back.

As for targeting Demry, I think that is clear too. I'm not saying it wasn't for cause, but done none-the-less. Doesn't seem real elite. Demry was bad talked by PJ more than anyone and was they only player benched for not falling on a fumble - which many players didn't do..... including CR15 twice that I can recall off hand.

I agree on most of this. A QB though has higher expectations as the team leader. Demry Croft failed miserably here. His off the field behavior was immature. His reaction to authority was subversive. His social media manner was childish.

On the field: he basically checked out. I have not seen such poor QB play in a long time, if ever. How can I tell; Nebraska performance was up to his ability....thereafter....he wasn't in to it at all. A poor effort. It rubbed off on to the team.

A real leader would have gone to the banquet and supported his guys. A self-serving entitled athlete does not.

Demry was nobody's victim. He brought this all on himself and his reaction showed where he was really at - good riddence.

I agree on most of this. A QB though has higher expectations as the team leader. Demry Croft failed miserably here. His off the field behavior was immature. His reaction to authority was subversive. His social media manner was childish.

On the field: he basically checked out. I have not seen such poor QB play in a long time, if ever. How can I tell; Nebraska performance was up to his ability....thereafter....he wasn't in to it at all. A poor effort. It rubbed off on to the team.

A real leader would have gone to the banquet and supported his guys. A self-serving entitled athlete does not.

Demry was nobody's victim. He brought this all on himself and his reaction showed where he was really at - good riddence.

You nailed it.

<b>A real leader would have gone to the banquet and supported his guys. A self-serving entitled athlete does not. </b>

I agree with most here, but not the bolded. It was not Demry's choice to not go to the banquet - it was PJs decision. Not fair to judge DC11 on that point.

Demry did something wrong, got banned from the team and from practicing. Guessing he was given a choice at that point by PJ of either do some certain things or you will not be back on team. He proceeds to go out and do all those things and earns the trust of his coaches and teammates to be reinstated. How is that failing miserably and being immature, subversive and childish?

On the field: His ability in the run game did show in his performance vs. Neb. thereafter, his injury didn't allow him to do the same things according to coaches. He put forth effort. 9 pass attempts against a team with one of the best run defenses in the country and when down by quite a bit certainly doesn't show that the coaching staff gave good effort either and that rubbed off on the team more.

Was he even allowed to attend the banquet? If he was allowed to go and didn't attend then yes that is bad, but if not then your statement is bad.

Wish he would have stayed and competed for the job again next season, but wish him well wherever he ends up.

You nailed it.

Mitch Leidner and Conor Rhoda led by example throughout their entire career. You never hear these two complaint or make themselves the center of attention.

I think Croft's lack of leadership is partly to blame for the routs. It must be hard to get motivated. Why didn't they play Conor and Seth against Wisconsin? For Conor, it would have been nice to play in front of his family on his Senior Day.

Mitch Leidner and Conor Rhoda led by example throughout their entire career. You never hear these two complaint or make themselves the center of attention.

I think Croft's lack of leadership is partly to blame for the routs. It must be hard to get motivated. Why didn't they play Conor and Seth against Wisconsin? For Conor, it would have been nice to play in front of his family on his Senior Day.

This is right on the head. Mitch was a very frustrating QB to watch at times but I never once questioned his leadership or effort. He had all the intangibles you could want in a quarterback. Demry was all the bad things about Mitch and none of the good. He was a poor leader and I don't know if he was always playing that hard. Maybe he is just bad, but the last 5 games Demry played 3 of the worst games I have ever seen a quarterback play. I really wish PJ went back to Rhoda after the Iowa game. I still think we would be sitting at 5-7 but the team wouldn't have been so pathetic to finish the year. From the outside Demry seems like somewhat of a cancer. I am glad he is leaving.

Have to say one of the comments to Demry's tweet was pretty funny.

"Sure didn't damage the door with an axe."

Ryan Burns was on with PAKfan and basically said that Croft oddly cherry picked one incident to go public with.

Was he even allowed to attend the banquet? If he was allowed to go and didn't attend then yes that is bad, but if not then your statement is bad.

No, he was not allowed to.
PJ made that decision.

Ryan Burns was on with PAKfan and basically said that Croft oddly cherry picked one incident to go public with.

I don't find it odd at all. People do it all the time to make themselves look better (just see 99% of politicians for examples).

I don't find it odd at all. People do it all the time to make themselves look better (just see 99% of politicians for examples).

Or blaming a roster or prior coaches for poor decisions.

I get it, you don't like Croft and it's plausible he did all the things you say but it's 100% hearsay. Just stop with the chest thumping. When Fleck leaves by choice or otherwise we'll see the same #takes.

Or blaming a roster or prior coaches for poor decisions.

I get it, you don't like Croft and it's plausible he did all the things you say but it's 100% hearsay. Just stop with the chest thumping. When Fleck leaves by choice or otherwise we'll see the same #takes.

Not sure how you got chest thumping out of that. I just don't find it odd at all that someone would spin a situation to put themselves in the best light. Fleck does it, Croft did it, almost everyone does it.

I agree with most here, but not the bolded. It was not Demry's choice to not go to the banquet - it was PJs decision. Not fair to judge DC11 on that point.

This...no doubt he was a cancer in the locker room and Fleck didn't want someone like him at a banquet when actually it is a kick off somewhat to the new year. Croft had his chances and he chose not to be a good citizen.

Again...if Croft failed a drug test, had poor grades, broke into a dorm room wouldn't this all have been known or addressed prior to Sat? Why play Croft at all if true? It seems very likely some additional incident happened, which has been alluded to. Obviously the situation came to a head and there are raw nerves.

This...no doubt he was a cancer in the locker room and Fleck didn't want someone like him at a banquet when actually it is a kick off somewhat to the new year. Croft had his chances and he chose not to be a good citizen.

If this is true, Fleck looks incredibly disingenuous. He let a cancer QB his team all year and then "poof", he is too much of a cancer to attend a banquet the day after he played THE WHOLE GAME.

So being falsely accused of breaking a door was too tough for him? Maybe he should cry to his teammates that were accused of rape and chose to stay.

Again...if Croft failed a drug test, had poor grades, broke into a dorm room wouldn't this all have been known or addressed prior to Sat? Why play Croft at all if true? It seems very likely some additional incident happened, which has been alluded to. Obviously the situation came to a head and there are raw nerves.

Failed drug tests and the door incident were known (well) prior to Sat. I don't know if the grades thing is true or not. You are correct about it coming to a head Sat. Both sides had bad feelings and it carried into a post-game meeting between both parties where things got heated. Croft asked for release. PJ granted. PJ told him he was no longer welcome at banquet.

Failed drug tests and the door incident were known (well) prior to Sat. I don't know if the grades thing is true or not. You are correct about it coming to a head Sat. Both sides had bad feelings and it carried into a post-game meeting between both parties where things got heated. Croft asked for release. PJ granted. PJ told him he was no longer welcome at banquet.

So, in the end it was apparent mutual dislike and #example setting rather than solely the previous incidents. I simply find it hard to believe Fleck would have played him if he had no plans to bring him back.

At this point it doesn't matter. It's just another footnote in a pretty bizarre season.

So, in the end it was apparent mutual dislike and #example setting rather than solely the previous incidents. <b>I simply find it hard to believe Fleck would have played him if he had no plans to bring him back.</b>

At this point it doesn't matter. It's just another footnote in a pretty bizarre season.

My understanding is that PJ had his issues with Croft, but was willing and planning for him to be on the team in 2018 until that meeting post-WI. Not sure at all what had DC11 so steamed in that meeting, but my guess is the things you are pointing out played a role. IMO, Demry was absolutely used for example setting this year. Probably more than was warranted.

And one of the most bizarre parts was the ups and downs of the QB play itself.

First Rhoda takes the bull by the horns, then suffers. Then Croft takes over and has an out of body experience vs Michigan St ... OK he's our guy for sure. Then plays terrible. Then plays amazing vs Nebraska ... OK now we've got it figured out. Then plays awful.

Bleh. Hindsight ... wish we would've just stuck with Rhoda the whole year. Don't think the wins and losses would've changed much. Mich St would've still been a loss. Nebraska still a win.

Top Bottom