Demry Croft a no-show at season ending banquet

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Per a tweet from Darren Wolfson:

I get wanting to leave if you are Demry Croft. I'm just not a big fan of the optics on skipping today's season-ending banquet. #Gophers

No show against NW and WI too.....I know. Stop already.

He'll transfer to a lesser conference and be great.

Can we just get the "he would be the best QB on the roster" conversation (a la Nelson, Streveler, Perra, etc) over with now?

I predict he will transfer to somewhere nowhere and then never be heard from again.

Can we just get the "he would be the best QB on the roster" conversation (a la Nelson, Streveler, Perra, etc) over with now?

:clap:

1448212918211.jpg

Missed that.:clap:

Maybe Woz can play QB next year. Should be able to see over the line.

I don't get why they stuck with him down the stretch if he was expected to leave. It obviously wasn't his performance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also per Doogie, Demry not being there wasn’t his decision. Someone (PJ) told him to stay away

Also per Doogie, Demry not being there wasn’t his decision. Someone (PJ) told him to stay away

Wonder if something happened after yesterday's game? That would be pretty odd to play a QB in a game the day before you were going to un-invite him to the team banquet.

Wonder if something happened after yesterday's game? That would be pretty odd to play a QB in a game the day before you were going to un-invite him to the team banquet.

Could have been in the works a few weeks.

Could have been in the works a few weeks.

That would be really weird if that was the case. For "culture" purposes I'd rather play Rhoda and show the team that guys that do things the right way get rewarded.

That would be really weird if that was the case. For "culture" purposes I'd rather play Rhoda and show the team that guys that do things the right way get rewarded.

You are probably right. Must have been post game. Croft probably hurt his transfer options with his play over the past two games even though the drops were bad.

I am betting it was the reason Flect wasn't on the radio this morning

Play out the string with dc and then not invite him to the TEAM banquet? Culture.

I really don’t think it would have gone down like you have hinted at. If you were Croft would you want to attend if you were moving on?

Good riddens Croft. I will miss your holding onto the ball for ten seconds before being sacked and your beautiful spirals into the bleachers.

That's just BS. Connor Rhoda, by all accounts a fantastic kid, leader, graduated, and a Minnesota kid, wins the first three games and completes over 50% of his passes. Croft, gets suspended, plays well in mop up time against MSU, and then is given the job. Plays absolutely awful. Not even close to a Big Ten QB, but Fleck stays with him. Then tells him to stay home from the banquet. He must have done something really bad. What a bunch of BS. Fleck continues to show he is in way over his head in every category except for the LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME category. Total BS.

Doogie and Gobie both hinting st something gonna down after the game...

Sounds like after the game, something happened.
Croft asked for release.
Gophers granted it.

He can't come to banquet. Not on the team anymore.

Some reported the leadership committee met before the banquet (and into the banquet as it started) maybe to discuss this exact point on whether he should be able to come or not.

You are probably right. Must have been post game. Croft probably hurt his transfer options with his play over the past two games even though the drops were bad.

Trying to reconcile the timing of events based on the assumption that PJ practices all the culture things he preaches is a mistake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom