All Things Gopher Transfers

All Demry talk. Also confirmed that Holland and Still have left. Likely somewhere else in here already, but just in case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since this a pure speculation thread with over reacting fans, I do want to report that I will be staying on next season. You’re welcome
Now we can rest easy. What's your hand timed 40?

It's not pure speculation. Still, Croft, and Holland have all but been confirmed.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Now we can rest easy. What's your hand timed 40?

It's not pure speculation. Still, Croft, and Holland have all but been confirmed.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Does sundial count as hand timed? Also where is all this confirmed?

What difference does that make? Why wouldn’t you play your best players? Do you not play seniors cause they’re going to be graduating? I doubt Rhoda rushes for 183 and 3 tds against Nebraska

I don't think Croft was our best player.

So, three extra scholies will be available?

25 per year and you can use 3 from last year if you didn't have 25 last year for a possible 28.

Right. I'm also not sure how the FL transfer, AL transfer, and late OL JuCo signing count (towards what year)?

Eliminate PJ's rhetoric...just from the eye test at fall practices....did watching Tanner Morgan make you think he was a top 3 QB on the roster? That can't be the explanation for how the QB situation was handled? The handling of the Demry Croft situation makes no sense now. It didn't make sense to kick him off the team, not let him practice or have contact, welcome him back and play him every single snap with weeks away from the team. After telling the team and anybody willing to listen Rhoda was the team leader. After telling Rhoda not to run but calling read option plays and then never playing him again. Never playing Green.
If this was all planned so they'd all be gone, why haven't we been recruiting multiple QB's before Armstrong either revealed his character or changed his mind?
None of it makes sense, then or now.
There's no way if you have a relationship with your players Croft leaving just happens as a surprise. If you knew, why is he playing? If you didn't know, shame on you.
Anybody still think Monday would not have been a better time to announce the extension for PJ and 100% support? He needs somebody to have his back right now.

Since this a pure speculation thread with over reacting fans, I do want to report that I will be staying on next season. You’re welcome
Thank you Patrick.
c115ffd3b597d780f392d28efdabc0e9.jpg

Armstrong was not in favor of competing against Croft. He wanted job outright.

Again, take it with a grain of salt.
These stories sometimes change as time passes.

Also, now Doogie saying Croft / Fleck / etc came to a head after the game y
esterday.
He asked for his release. They granted it. That's why they didn't want him at the banquet. Not on the team anymore because of the release.

This seems like the only reasonable position for why he played the entire game and didn't come to a team function the very next day. Demry didn't give an interview after the game? Fleck stated it was a very, very emotional post-game; wonder if this was part of that.

There seemed to be no love lost with the public excoriations earlier this year and the recent comments. I'm sure there is a ton of off the field drama and discussions we don't know about that seemingly came to an explosive head. He didn't want to row the boat. Fair enough and good luck to him wherever he ends up.

Are there QBs from teams who recently fired their coaches who may want to transfer?

The same goes for O Linemen and other position of need. JUCOs may be a necessary evil especially with the O Line.

In addition to what the others said of course we could also give a scholarship to a player who didnt have one before

In addition to what the others said of course we could also give a scholarship to a player who didnt have one before

Yep - if you have "extras" you can reward a walk on, for at least a year.

Eliminate PJ's rhetoric...just from the eye test at fall practices....did watching Tanner Morgan make you think he was a top 3 QB on the roster?

I'm no QB expert but I thought he might have been 3rd. Didn't look like one of the top two to me.

Eliminate PJ's rhetoric...just from the eye test at fall practices....did watching Tanner Morgan make you think he was a top 3 QB on the roster? That can't be the explanation for how the QB situation was handled? The handling of the Demry Croft situation makes no sense now. It didn't make sense to kick him off the team, not let him practice or have contact, welcome him back and play him every single snap with weeks away from the team. After telling the team and anybody willing to listen Rhoda was the team leader. After telling Rhoda not to run but calling read option plays and then never playing him again. Never playing Green.
If this was all planned so they'd all be gone, why haven't we been recruiting multiple QB's before Armstrong either revealed his character or changed his mind?
None of it makes sense, then or now.
There's no way if you have a relationship with your players Croft leaving just happens as a surprise. If you knew, why is he playing? If you didn't know, shame on you.
Anybody still think Monday would not have been a better time to announce the extension for PJ and 100% support? He needs somebody to have his back right now.

It seems the BA decommitment caught then a bit flat-footed. IIRC a bunch of offers came out the same day or shortly thereafter. Playing Croft all year indicates to me he intended for Demry to be here but obviously some cascade of events or emotional disagreement occrurred and now we have Morgan, Green, perhaps Viramontes; and PJ has stated his desire to bring in a HS player as well but one hopes they don't spend a scholarship on a marginal player. I'd rather they push in the chips for the CSU commit or one of the others they've targeted but I'm not being paid 3.5 million as coach.

This is a bit, right?

Well, if we had, we likely wouldn't have made a bowl game and been creamed something like 70-0 in out last two games, but would have someone with some experience come 2018. I'd take that over the current situation.

Demry appears to lack the emotional maturity and leadership skills of a Mitch Leidner.

You can knock Mitch all you want. But, he kept his mouth shut and took it all in and worked hard. He was a leader.

Demry appears to lack the emotional maturity and leadership skills of a Mitch Leidner.

You can knock Mitch all you want. But, he kept his mouth shut and took it all in and worked hard. He was a leader.

How do you feel about our current coach, then?

Obviously without knowing the particulars it makes one or both look like hotheads and we'll likely never know the whole truth with stuff like this.

Well, if we had, we likely wouldn't have made a bowl game and been creamed something like 70-0 in out last two games, but would have someone with some experience come 2018. I'd take that over the current situation.

Would Tanner Morgan "experience" vs Wisconsin or Northwestern really have been experience we would find helpful?

Would Tanner Morgan "experience" vs Wisconsin or Northwestern really have been experience we would find helpful?

I was thinking playing Tanner earlier in the year than that would be helpful - in hindsight.

How do you feel about our current coach, then?

Obviously without knowing the particulars it makes one or both look like hotheads and we'll likely never know the whole truth with stuff like this.

One thing I don't think PJ is, is a hot-head.

He's all about "control your emotions, don't let them control you".

When he gets on the refs, he gets on them then moves on. He's not Fran McCaffery.

This speculation is the most fun I’ve had since the non conference. At least drama is entertaining. I trust Fleck

Don’t think Fleck plays Croft yesterday if he knows this happens.

I'd like to think so too. Would've been more than happy to reward the loyalty, leadership, and hard work of Rhoda with playing the game, even though he might not have been the most physically talented choice.

One thing I don't think PJ is, is a hot-head.

He's all about "control your emotions, don't let them control you".

When he gets on the refs, he gets on them then moves on. He's not Fran McCaffery.

Well, that's not my impression. His intensity has served him well.

The quote may be a little bit of pop psychology. No man has an endless amount of patience.

This speculation is the most fun I’ve had since the non conference. At least drama is entertaining. I trust Fleck

Sadly, I learned many years ago that off-seasons were more enjoyable than actual games for Gopher football fans.

Top Bottom