All Things Gopher Transfers

I mean, do any of the transfers since the season has ended really surprise anyone? I mean, yeah Croft played the rest of the season after Sparty but it's not like him and PJ were suddenly best buddies. If you want to mark him as a surprising one, that's fine but the others like Still, Waters, Holland, Register, Williams... that's been known for quite some time. Different reasons among them of course but those have been obvious for a while.

I was a little surprised by Waters, but totally agree with you. If you only have one or two years playing time left in your career you would probably want to transfer to a place where you will see the field.

Or just hang 'em up, too. Especially if you've already got your undergrad degree and have zero chance of an NFL career. It's a brutal game, and a time consuming game while also in school.

Wish them all the best of luck!

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Are you thinking Fleck might try to go after Jordan Ta'amu ?

The rest of their roster seems to be mostly southerns, guessing either weren't recruited at all by Minn or maybe lightly.

As to Ole Miss, I think they have their guy at HC. Mississippi native and former Ole Miss player, seems like a Rebel to the core, and just guided them to a win over Miss State in a lame duck season.

EDIT: on closer inspection, they do have a punter from Minnesota (St Thomas military academy). Maybe he'd be interested in coming home?

I'm guessing most Ole Miss players won't transfer at this point.

Are you thinking Fleck might try to go after Jordan Ta'amu ?

The rest of their roster seems to be mostly southerns, guessing either weren't recruited at all by Minn or maybe lightly.

As to Ole Miss, I think they have their guy at HC. Mississippi native and former Ole Miss player, seems like a Rebel to the core, and just guided them to a win over Miss State in a lame duck season.

EDIT: on closer inspection, they do have a punter from Minnesota (St Thomas military academy). Maybe he'd be interested in coming home?

I would think Ta'amu or Patterson would leave.

Yeah it would be a pretty big blow to VV to suddenly say "Oh hey Vic, just wanted to let you know that we grabbed a QB from Ole Miss, to bring in some competition in spring camp. Hope that's cool! See ya in Jan!"

Might cause him to decommit ...

I thought I saw something on ESPN that Patterson is planning on transferring.

He was given permission to talk to other schools. I don't know of any connection Fleck has with him though. He's a hell of a player though.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say this is not the landing spot Rashad envisioned. Or I hate Gopher football so much I'm willing to give up my U of M Big Ten scholarship/degree and go anywhere else. I doubt it's that one. I'm guessing he was thinking a prominent Texas school would welcome him.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say this is not the landing spot Rashad envisioned. Or I hate Gopher football so much I'm willing to give up my U of M Big Ten scholarship/degree and go anywhere else. I doubt it's that one. I'm guessing he was thinking a prominent Texas school would welcome him.

I don't know why he would think that. He had little interest out of H.S., and he's done very little in his college career.

It’s lower than I expected. I expected him to go to Sam Houston state or Texas San Antonio

Apologies if it's been posted before, but per his Twitter, Alonzo Craighton has ended up at Nicholls State. It says a lot about the state of program that I really think Craighton was a loss for the team and he ended up transferring down like (I think) every other transfer this off season.

Apologies if it's been posted before, but per his Twitter, Alonzo Craighton has ended up at Nicholls State. It says a lot about the state of program that I really think Craighton was a loss for the team and he ended up transferring down like (I think) every other transfer this off season.

No shocker that all the kids involved in the incident transferred down. Probably not worth taking any sort of risk on them.

Looks like Kiante Hardin resurfaced...Pittsburgh State.

I think generally when people transfer due to coaching changes, scandals, etc. they pretty much have to transfer down. If you are being nudged off your current team, others will view you as a risk and the only schools willing to take that on are lower level schools.

I think generally when people transfer due to coaching changes, scandals, etc. they pretty much have to transfer down. If you are being nudged off your current team, others will view you as a risk and the only schools willing to take that on are lower level schools.

They'd have to sit a year if they don't transfer down, so that plays a factor as well. Most of these guys have redshirted, so they'd have to waste another year of eligibility.

We're still pretty thin at DB, what reason would Fleck have had to 'nudge' Craighton off the team? Especially when he was playing quite a bit before the injury.

We're still pretty thin at DB, what reason would Fleck have had to 'nudge' Craighton off the team? Especially when he was playing quite a bit before the injury.

Maybe it was an AJ/Kill type situation. :p

I don't know the specifics for Craighton. He may not have been nudged like the others. It could just be that he committed to Kill/Claeys and doesn't feel the motivation to stay here now that there's a new boss in town. Either way, typically players in that situation are going to transfer down for reasons mentioned above.

Top Bottom