All Things Gopher Transfers

Need to keep all the guys from the 2017 class or at least the vast majority to stay. This will be the core 2-3 years from now needed as you build the depth on the roster. Also this is where you need the buy in which can make an impression on future recruits.

Nadine tweeted that Still and Croft are gone "according to a source."

Still never ended up being what we were hoping he would be.

Rhoda and Croft were really about Red-Shirting Morgan.

This.

No reason to burn a redshirt on Morgan. He has 4 fu years.

Also say Vic Vjdguenskdores is in Minneapolis right now.

How many scholies does that make available now?

Really bad news if Croft leaves, despite his wildly inconsistent play. Leaves us with 2 scholarship QBs currently, one of which Fleck clearly has no desire in playing at the QB position. Barring a grad transfer, regardless of who we bring in, there will be zero D1 experience. That does not bode well.

+1

Sucks if Croft is leaving. Even if he wasn't going to be the starter it would be nice to finally have some depth/experience at the position.

Will Speicht be willing to grad transfer?

Still never ended up being what we were hoping he would be.

I never thought he would amount to much. He was a below-the-radar nugget that some thought would be as good as some of the other less-heralded guys the previous staff identified, but his receiving skills were suspect and neither Poore or Anderson seemed to be able to bring out whatever talent he did possess. Didn't help that the passing offenses under Kill and Claeys weren't great for WRs.

This is another first, your starting QB quits the day after last game. I hope Flect was blindsided by this or we are in bigger trouble than we thought with this team.

Disagree, gave us the best chance to win this year. Should have been starting all year.

If you knew at the beginning of the year he was leaving, would you still have played him? I wouldn't. The only game he helped win was Nebraska, but Rhoda probably wins that game too.

I never thought he would amount to much. He was a below-the-radar nugget that some thought would be as good as some of the other less-heralded guys the previous staff identified, but his receiving skills were suspect and neither Poore or Anderson seemed to be able to bring out whatever talent he did possess. Didn't help that the passing offenses under Kill and Claeys weren't great for WRs.

I didn't think he was going to be great, but it sounded like he could really be something the year he was red-shirting.

Of course, it never materialized. Nice size. Doesn't get open and doesn't catch well enough it appears. Hopefully wherever he goes he does a great job.

I didn't think he was going to be great, but it sounded like he could really be something the year he was red-shirting.

Of course, it never materialized. Nice size. Doesn't get open and doesn't catch well enough it appears. Hopefully wherever he goes he does a great job.

He never redshirted

Ryan Burns or someone like that tweeted a couple weeks ago that there was a reason behind the JUCO offers going out.
Looking at that in hindsight, we can probably determine Croft notified Fleck a few days prior to us throwing out the offers to Vic and any other JUCO QB's we started chasing.

What's funny about this is that Ryan Burns said today on Gopher weekly on KFAN that part of the reason he didn't want to come here anymore was because he didn't want to compete head to head against Croft. (and other things).

Take it with a grain of salt of course.

What's funny about this is that Ryan Burns said today on Gopher weekly on KFAN that part of the reason he didn't want to come here anymore was because he didn't want to compete head to head against Croft. (and other things).

Who is "he"?

He as in Vic? Or he as in Armstrong?

Demry won't be back next year. Fact. However, this thread is making it sound like he skipped the banquet and that was the first the staff knew of it. That part is speculative and from what I have heard not accurate. "Mutual" is what I heard - but who knows for sure or what that really means.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s true, maybe there was an emergency at home. But barring something like that, wouldn’t a player want to be part of a banquet with the team he’s been with what 3 years? I don’t get that.

That’s true, maybe there was an emergency at home. But barring something like that, wouldn’t a player want to be part of a banquet with the team he’s been with what 3 years? I don’t get that.

Doogie is reporting he was told to stay away

This was not a good fit for Croft nor the Gophers. One of the worst starting NCAA QB stat lines I've ever seen prove it out (horrible receiving performance didn't help). Start with a fresh outlook for both next season.

UM 2017 QB.jpg

He as in Vic? Or he as in Armstrong?

Armstrong was not in favor of competing against Croft. He wanted job outright.

Again, take it with a grain of salt.
These stories sometimes change as time passes.

Also, now Doogie saying Croft / Fleck / etc came to a head after the game yesterday.
He asked for his release. They granted it. That's why they didn't want him at the banquet. Not on the team anymore because of the release.

If you knew at the beginning of the year he was leaving, would you still have played him? I wouldn't. The only game he helped win was Nebraska, but Rhoda probably wins that game too.

What difference does that make? Why wouldn’t you play your best players? Do you not play seniors cause they’re going to be graduating? I doubt Rhoda rushes for 183 and 3 tds against Nebraska

I'm speculating Green will either switch positions or transfer as well.

Qb room will look different next year. Tanner Morgan and our current PWO may be the only holder overs.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Since this a pure speculation thread with over reacting fans, I do want to report that I will be staying on next season. You’re welcome

Top Bottom