All Things Gopher Transfers

MinnesotaNice

Reaction score
Not sure if will be a mass exodus, but there are certainly going to be transfers. Figured I'd start a one stop shop to keep tabs.

Rumor today is Croft. I assume Still as well.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Doogie reporting that Croft skipped the banquet.

Sounds like Croft may be out.

Edit:
A few players announced before the banquet they were leaving.

A WR is included.

Supposedly Croft skipped the banquet today. Not a surprise considering Fleck has made it a point to emphasis he needs a QB. I respect the man and he did his best, but it would be utter insanity to go into next season with Croft anywhere but 3rd on the depth chart. He was absolutely terrible in his limited action. In his defense so were all of his WR and o-line

Wilton Speight is transferring from Michigan. Maybe a pipe dream but would be nice to see what Fleck could do with a competent QB. A Juco QB visited today, so at least it looks like a bridge is on the way.

Supposedly Croft skipped the banquet today. Not a surprise considering Fleck has made it a point to emphasis he needs a QB. I respect the man and he did his best, but it would be utter insanity to go into next season with Croft anywhere but 3rd on the depth chart. He was absolutely terrible in his limited action. In his defense so were all of his WR and o-line

If he was going to transfer, I'd much rather have played someone else, then, or Rhoda, who appeared more committed/deserving (?).

Wow though to skip the banquet? That’s salty. Must be some emotion behind that, not just “hey coach this isn’t for me” kinda deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If he was going to transfer, I'd much rather have played someone else, then, or Rhoda, who appeared more committed/deserving (?).

Depends on when he knew.
Why play Seth Green for a game and blow a redshirt?

Wow though to skip the banquet? That’s salty. Must be some emotion behind that, not just “hey coach this isn’t for me” kinda deal.

It's not the professional thing to do, but Demry is a young kid. I made some poor decisions that lacked professionalism in my early 20s.

He wasn't going to play much here next year (is my guess).

Green already redshirted.

I was wondering about that when I typed it.
Then PJ must not like Green at all. Makes no sense not to play him at all this year then.
Especially when you go into hibernation mode against NW and Wisconsin.

It's not the professional thing to do, but Demry is a young kid. I made some poor decisions that lacked professionalism in my early 20s.

Demry has made lots of bad decisions, on and off the field. This is why Rhoda or Morgan should have played this year.

Agree with this 100%. There must be more to the story that goes back before today and yesterday with Croft. If that is the case, I don’t see why we didn’t play Rhoda some. I’m on board with Fleck completely, but that was probably a mistake.

I tweeted Doogie to see if the transferring WR had the initials TJ or DD.

He said no on those guys.

I'm relieved.

The quandary: Do you continue to play Rhoda knowing that he will be gone after this season, or invest time on someone who will be returning next year?

Rhoda was limited in or by coaches to not run. As the season progresses, I think there may be some doubts about Croft's ability to lead and was showing not enough to make him a solid starter.

As it turns out playing Croft did not meet the expected outcome.

Don’t think Fleck plays Croft yesterday if he knows this happens.

Maybe, but how could he really know that? He’s the only guy with any playing time going in to next year? Plus, I don’t know that PJ would tell him that he probably won’t play (unless the off field stuff was a bigger problem than we know of).

Well, PJ wasn’t lying when he said we’ll be younger next year.

No kidding. Wouldn't be a surprise if they told him before the banquet that he's not in their plans for next season. That could easily have lead to his non-appearance. Nobody really knows yet.

Really bad news if Croft leaves, despite his wildly inconsistent play. Leaves us with 2 scholarship QBs currently, one of which Fleck clearly has no desire in playing at the QB position. Barring a grad transfer, regardless of who we bring in, there will be zero D1 experience. That does not bode well.

Croft might have missed the banquet due to personal family reasons. Let this play out before speculating.

Really bad news if Croft leaves, despite his wildly inconsistent play. Leaves us with 2 scholarship QBs currently, one of which Fleck clearly has no desire in playing at the QB position. Barring a grad transfer, regardless of who we bring in, there will be zero D1 experience. That does not bode well.

Let the Jaran Roste era begin!

Croft might have missed the banquet due to personal family reasons. Let this play out before speculating.

You don't think the Gophers would have mentioned that to the press if that was the case?

I would guess that the Holland (grad transfer?) and Still would both go elsewhere. Rightfully so, they'll for sure be buried behind Johnson, Douglas, Autman-Bell, Howard, Drew H., plus maybe even one or two of Bateman, Manns, Gibson coming in as freshman.

I honestly didn't think Croft was as bad as people are making him sound. I hear there might be some injury slowing him in the option game. He's made a lot of nice throws that have been dropped. It's some of the worst receiver play I've seen. I think there is potential there. Kind of a shame.

Maybe, but how could he really know that? He’s the only guy with any playing time going in to next year? Plus, I don’t know that PJ would tell him that he probably won’t play (unless the off field stuff was a bigger problem than we know of).

Well, PJ wasn’t lying when he said we’ll be younger next year.

No idea. I shouldn't speculate.

I guess maybe he was going to play but didn't like PJ.

I would guess that the Holland (grad transfer?) and Still would both go elsewhere. Rightfully so, they'll for sure be buried behind Johnson, Douglas, Autman-Bell, Howard, Drew H., plus maybe even one or two of Bateman, Manns, Gibson coming in as freshman.

I honestly didn't think Croft was as bad as people are making him sound. I hear there might be some injury slowing him in the option game. He's made a lot of nice throws that have been dropped. It's some of the worst receiver play I've seen. I think there is potential there. Kind of a shame.

After the Nebraska game Fleck said that Croft was dealing with "a lower body" injury. On the pre-game radio show yesterday J.G. said he was dealing with a hamstring injury.

You don't need a press conference to get info out to the press.

Demry won't be back next year. Fact. However, this thread is making it sound like he skipped the banquet and that was the first the staff knew of it. That part is speculative and from what I have heard not accurate. "Mutual" is what I heard - but who knows for sure or what that really means.

Demry won't be back next year. Fact. However, this thread is making it sound like he skipped the banquet and that was the first the staff knew of it. That part is speculative and from what I have heard not accurate. "Mutual" is what I heard - but who knows for sure or what that really means.

I doubt the team was shocked. I don't think we intended to imply this was his way of letting the team know.

Him not being at the banquet seems real.

Top Bottom