All Things Gopher Transfers

I have no idea if there is any truth to gotomn's post about issues with Fleck and the MSHL coaches.

However, yes, he should. These are the local coaches. Pretty much our best chance at a 4 star recruit is if he happens to be from MN. We need to be able to recruit MN well to be effective. Your mindset is bizarre.

The best teams don’t care about local recruits. The best local recruits want to go to the best teams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am sure PJ is good standing with Minn. high school coaches. I am reminded of the coaches meeting where Brewster was slotted to speak, but didn't show up. At least PJ shows up when he is advertised to speak.

The best teams don’t care about local recruits. The best local recruits want to go to the best teams.

Time to tie another one on frat boy. Absolutely horrid and ridiculous take. You need to recruit the local cream of the crop as you should have an advantage if u have good relationships with coaches and it also helps raise interest in the community and population of potential fans.

You're worried about kissing ass of the local coaches? Recruiting is all about forming relationships with coaches (no matter if it's here or in Georgia), parents and communities so that can form "pipelines" from places that you've developed a recruiting advantage.

Time to tie another one on frat boy. Absolutely horrid and ridiculous take. You need to recruit the local cream of the crop as you should have an advantage if u have good relationships with coaches and it also helps raise interest in the community and population of potential fans.

You're worried about kissing ass of the local coaches? Recruiting is all about forming relationships with coaches (no matter if it's here or in Georgia), parents and communities so that can form "pipelines" from places that you've developed a recruiting advantage.

LOL.

I’ll take the best players on my team. Until Minnesota high schools gets good at football, I don’t really care about getting Minnesota kids.

Go to Texas, California, Florida, etc and make relationships there.

LOL.

I’ll take the best players on my team. Until Minnesota high schools gets good at football, I don’t really care about getting Minnesota kids.

Go to Texas, California, Florida, etc and make relationships there.

Didn't say you shouldn't - in fact it's an obvious necessity but if u don't think the HS coaches in GA, TX etc don't want some attention and love to help form a pipeline you're irrational.

Ok.

My guess is there was a broken door. DC got blamed.
Fleck wasn't as worried about who actually broke the door, but why was DC in a situation like that where he's hanging around with people who broke a door (and any other activity that was happening at the time).

DC says he's innocent.
Fleck was probably upset about the situation more than who broke the door.

The truth is probably somewhere in between.

"Uncomfortable Environment" is an interesting choice of words. If someone would state that about a workplace you would expect a lawsuit to follow. I am not suggesting that will happen - just found that wording interesting.

Good for Demry getting his side of the story out there. I wish him the best of luck.

FTR - someone posted the door story on here at the time this happened. I can't remember who, but don't recall folks believing him.

Good for him for walking away from this crap. It's going to be real tough as a football player at this University.

Leave your apartment and hang out with the regular students for a night and you'll wake up the next morning to find you're a hardened rapist and drug addict that has to sit out and be slandered/libeled from all angles until you can come up with some undeniable proof of your innocence (not vice versa). Then, some man-hating liberal will write a biased report about the huge issues with your behavior on campus, which will purposefully be leaked to local media. Your face will be plastered on Good Morning America and ESPN as a rapist.

Because that's good "culture."

By all means, actual transgressions should be punished. But as a young man, why would you want to go somewhere that is setting a precedent of punish first, ask questions later? A place that will throw you and your personal life under the bus for the opportunity to stand up amongst their peers and say, "look at me, I'm the most righteous."

Good for Demry getting his side of the story out there. I wish him the best of luck.

You're wrong on this board like dozen times a day. In this case three times in one post.

I wish him the best too. But if you think posting any portion of his side of the story on twitter does him any good you don't get how life works. No one cares about a door. Least of all, his next coach. That tweet just cut his transfer options into a small fraction of what they were an hour ago.

Good for him for walking away from this crap. It's going to be real tough as a football player at this University.

Leave your apartment and hang out with the regular students for a night and you'll wake up the next morning to find you're a hardened rapist and drug addict that has to sit out and be slandered/libeled from all angles until you can come up with some undeniable proof of your innocence (not vice versa). Then, some man-hating liberal will write a biased report about the huge issues with your behavior on campus, which will purposefully be leaked to local media. Your face will be plastered on Good Morning America and ESPN as a rapist.

By all means, actual transgressions should be punished. But as a young man, why would you want to go somewhere that is setting a precedent of punish first, ask questions later? A place that will throw you and your personal life under the bus for the opportunity to stand up amongst their peers and say, "look at me, I'm the most righteous."

Relax.

I'm curious where this video of the door breaking is. He said it shows he didn't break the door, but it must not be as clear cut as he is saying it is.

You're wrong on this board like dozen times a day. In this case three times in one post.

I wish him the best too. But if you think posting any portion of his side of the story on twitter does him any good you don't get how life works. No one cares about a door. Least of all, his next coach. That tweet just cut his transfer options into a small fraction of what they were an hour ago.

Sure thing. I'm guessing Demry feels better getting his side out so good for him. Guess that makes 4?

Its like a lesser AJ Barker story. Sounds like a lot of bitterness.

He's saying the door incident is the main reason he is transferring...so, we had a guy who didnt want to be here for most of the season, as our QB1.

Rumors from some people who know players on the team is that we have another 6 transfers coming besides Croft, Still, and Holland. Could be close to 10 transfers or guys quitting team, which would explain Fleck getting 28 recruits with only 18 scholarships. Also heard that at least 2 of the transfers are current defense starters.

One other items is that I hear is there are some significant issues with Fleck and some of the MSHSL coaches while I was at the state high school playoffs. The Kill/Claeys staff had really good in state relationships. They said that Fleck basically badmouths the level of players in the state of Minnesota and does nothing to build relationships with the in-state coaches and that he is more focused on Illinois. Take it for what it is worth, but one coach told me look for all of the top 2019 and 2020 players to end up at Iowa and Wisconsin because those staffs have the relationships in state like Kill/Claeys did, and Flecks staff doesn't give the in-state guys any time.

I could see the 6 number, plenty of upperclassmen who did not see the field this year that would want to leave. I very much doubt the bolded part though. Look at the defense, none of the MN Linebackers are leaving, Shenault seems to have bought in as well as Winston and the Huff brothers. That leaves a few back up players like Devers, Waters, Moore. So that pretty much leaves Cashman and the CBs like Zo, Durr and Thomas. I guess anything is possible but I call B.S on your source.

Your reasoning is ridiculous. If points you made were valid why would Winfield have wasted a year and stayed this year since those points applied last year too?

Since people are just throwing out names with no basis then I'll do the same. I think Carpenter is going to leave. He missed some field goals late, there must be something going on behind the scenes.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
No they didnt, he was still through the appeal process during transfer season between semester break. That and having to clear his parent's good name. He is still here because likely coach Fleck and he didn't have the options he did last year. Coyle and Kaler never really issued him a public apology either. So if he decided to leave a kid with that talent and future he will have options. This thing may still linger from what happened last year. If Fleck already sold him on staying I would happy. All I'm saying he would have just cause to leave the U if he ultimately decided that. His situation predated AFfleck and the coaching staff.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

Ummmm really? A door gets broken. Seems unclear who did it? And he's off the team, no contact for three weeks? Then he's back on. Then he plays every snap. Circumstances could explain a suspension but how does it benefit Demry, his teammates, the program to kick him off the team for it with no contact/access...and then welcome him back? And then play him? That makes no sense to me.
And for all you weed conspiracy guys, doesn't seem that was it.
Very happy with Vic and Demry may not do well as a backup but it's strange.
Good luck to Demry.

You're assuming this does not occur at other Universities. The reality is we are late to the party.

Still tweets out with classy tweet saying best 2.5 years of his life, but must take a new path. Croft only one not taking the high road.

I'm curious where this video of the door breaking is. He said it shows he didn't break the door, but it must not be as clear cut as he is saying it is.

Hopefully there are multiple camera angles. We really need to get to the bottom of this (for some reason).

Still tweets out with classy tweet saying best 2.5 years of his life, but must take a new path. Croft only one not taking the high road.

And suddenly it all makes sense.

What size fraction 7/8? 1/2? Please explain to us with your great knowledge of life.
You don’t think his next coach will care why he’s leaving his previous school? I don’t think you know how life works.

Top Bottom