All Things Gopher Transfers

Incorrect

You sure? If I were a gambling person, I'd bet that Kill did some of the same things Fleck is doing: find out who was using, then help the guys that are using but aren't buying in find the door. And as for the partying, it wasn't as out of control as when Brewster. So there's that, I guess.

Why are none of these players thanking Coach Claeys and his staff?

With the exception of Croft, none of the other transfers so far were factors this season. And probably wouldn't have been next year either.

Croft was clearly a factor this season. I wish him success going forward.

Why are none of these players thanking Coach Claeys and his staff?

JB18 POST #2266 IN 2018 RECRUITING THREAD: "Dude why do you make everything about Claeys? He's gone it's time to move on."

Please follow your own advice and read post #275 above.

JB18 POST #2266 IN 2018 RECRUITING THREAD: "Dude why do you make everything about Claeys? He's gone it's time to move on."

I just want all three staffs to get their thanks from the players, nothing more.

I am guessing some players might be getting told they can stay and not play or they can go.

It's not a surprise that most of these are players we wouldn't have been depending on heavily as we rebuild next year.

I think Holland, Register, and Still appreciated the free education they have received at the U.

In a perfect world, every recruit would become a starter and/or a star. at the helmet schools, when you're talking about a higher % of 4* and 5* recruits, I would wager there is a lower attrition rate - but it still happens.

at a program like MN at this point in time, with largely 3* recruits and some 2* recruits, there is probably going to be a higher attrition rate, because you have fewer can't miss recruits and more projects. some pan out, some don't.

So, no one should be surprised that some recruits don't pan out.

And no one should be surprised that some players decide to leave and pursue other options.

As long as they followed the rules, went to class, played to the best of their ability, and didn't embarrass the U of MN, I wish all of them the best in their future endeavors. Every player dreams of being a starter or a star. I'm sure no one is more disappointed than the players themselves that their dreams did not come true at MN. It's not like they accepted a scholarship with a secret plan to play like cr*p for 4 years and sponge a free education out of the deal. At least, I sure hope that's not the case.

As long as they followed the rules, went to class, played to the best of their ability, and didn't embarrass the U of MN, I wish all of them the best in their future endeavors. Every player dreams of being a starter or a star. I'm sure no one is more disappointed than the players themselves that their dreams did not come true at MN.

+1

Please don't follow your own advice. JB's insatiable obsession with all things PJ Fleck is the most entertaining thing on Gopherhole.

I am guessing some players might be getting told they can stay and not play or they can go.

It's not a surprise that most of these are players we wouldn't have been depending on heavily as we rebuild next year.

Possibly. I also think some of them are just being shown the door. This seems to be pretty acceptable in college football now. Jerry Kill did it. All new coaches seem to do it.

Yeah that's the only reason I was confused by it. You would they would thank every staff.

No one has argued that. They just hoped that you would be consistent. Well, not you, we wouldn't expect someone in the throes of love to think clearly.

So, sure, Claeys and his staff are an extension of the Kill staff. That is pretty obvious to everyone. With that said, we just fired THAT staff, the Jerry Kill staff after going 9-4??? That makes it even worse. That destroys the only reasonable argument for getting rid of Claeys.

Coaches are under a lot of pressure to vie for the top. Highly touted players coming out of high school that cannot live up to the level of expectations can hurt a football team for three to four years.

There is lots of money involved in college football. Crushing pressure to win by boosters, fans, the college administrations make it increasingly plausible that coaches are marshaling under performing players to transfer out to other programs. It is not all bad. It could be a win-win situation.

Expect PJ Fleck to do the same thing. He has already done that with our passing game. This is reality. Let's hope that every situation is done with class. It is very unfortunate what has transpired with Demry Croft. A lot of his problems is his own undoing. As a leader, he should not have put himself in that position. It affects the entire team.

No one has argued that. They just hoped that you would be consistent. Well, not you, we wouldn't expect someone in the throes of love to think clearly.

So, sure, Claeys and his staff are an extension of the Kill staff. That is pretty obvious to everyone. With that said, we just fired THAT staff, the Jerry Kill staff after going 9-4??? That makes it even worse. That destroys the only reasonable argument for getting rid of Claeys.

I'm not even sure what you're talking about. I just want all three entirely new staffs to get their credit and thanks.

Awesome transfer talk in this thread...not

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

If I am not mistaken, unless Croft goes to a lower level (FCS, D-II or, D-III), he will only have a year of eligibility left (after sitting out his transfer year).

If I am not mistaken, unless Croft goes to a lower level (FCS, D-II or, D-III), he will only have a year of eligibility left (after sitting out his transfer year).

You are correct. Also, seems likely that (lower level) is where he'd go for a variety of reasons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom