All Things Gopher Transfers

Gopherhole is hot tonight - 1479 viewers.

Anybody still think Monday would not have been a better time to announce the extension for PJ and 100% support? He needs somebody to have his back right now.

What are you talking about?

Fleck is just fine and in no need of someone having his back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think it's a great mystery as to what happened.

BA was going to be our lone high school QB recruit. Demry was going to be back next year.

When BA became a head case, we decided to move on. Something happened with Croft in the last 2 weeks to precipitate that move. Getting shutout in 2 straights games probably made both sides uncomfortable.

We're now in the market for both a JUCO and high school QB.

Eliminate PJ's rhetoric...just from the eye test at fall practices....did watching Tanner Morgan make you think he was a top 3 QB on the roster? That can't be the explanation for how the QB situation was handled? The handling of the Demry Croft situation makes no sense now. It didn't make sense to kick him off the team, not let him practice or have contact, welcome him back and play him every single snap with weeks away from the team. After telling the team and anybody willing to listen Rhoda was the team leader. After telling Rhoda not to run but calling read option plays and then never playing him again. Never playing Green.
If this was all planned so they'd all be gone, why haven't we been recruiting multiple QB's before Armstrong either revealed his character or changed his mind?
None of it makes sense, then or now.
There's no way if you have a relationship with your players Croft leaving just happens as a surprise. If you knew, why is he playing? If you didn't know, shame on you.
Anybody still think Monday would not have been a better time to announce the extension for PJ and 100% support? He needs somebody to have his back right now.

You don’t know any of the details or reasons for what has happen, but that doesn’t stop you from lumping together all these speculations.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BA was going to be our lone high school QB recruit. Demry was going to be back next year.

When BA became a head case, we decided to move on. Something happened with Croft in the last 2 weeks to precipitate that move. Getting shutout in 2 straights games probably made both sides uncomfortable.

In summary, you have no idea what happened.

If BA couldn't handle a little competition than I am very glad he is gone. He should have felt very confident in his chances given what Demry showed in his half of the season. If that is true, BA is not going to be very successful if he just expects everything to be handed to him. Demry probably didn't like how PJ threw him under the bus, but PJ was speaking the truth. His performance was pitiful.

Hopefully this helps us in the Juco/Transfer market as the starting job for a good B1G school with a decent schedule is now open.

He will be as frustrated as Phillip Nelson.

This is a really good situation for a grad or FCS transfer QB who can play here in 2018. There's almost nobody on the roster besides the idea of what Morgan can do to keep a guy from starting multiple seasons if eligible with a legit WR1 and two good senior RBs

Anyone hear how viramontes visit went. Damn his video he looks crazy good.

I honestly didn't think Croft was as bad as people are making him sound. I hear there might be some injury slowing him in the option game. He's made a lot of nice throws that have been dropped. It's some of the worst receiver play I've seen. I think there is potential there. Kind of a shame.
I agree that he threw some nice passes but I believe there was some mention of having to really simplify the offense for him. I hope that was the case because the offense really did seem simple.

Does anyone know if there any good grad transfer prospects out there who wants to play P5 football in the B1G?

We have until the February NSD to figure things out.

Let's hope that all the recruits on Official Visit on December 8 all decide to sign early on December 20. Then, PJ Fleck and staff can focus on high caliber impact players who suddenly become available.

I agree that he threw some nice passes but I believe there was some mention of having to really simplify the offense for him. I hope that was the case because the offense really did seem simple.

I think they simplify anytime a QB doesn't have success to something they can have success at.
As you dwindle that down, if you find yourself running out of plays, then you start to run out of options.

I wouldn't call our passing game the last 2 games "elaborate".
PJ and team has been implementing the offense since January so it hasn't been years, but it wasn't just weeks either.

PJ Fleck spent _all year_ throwing his players under the bus. Every time I brought this up you all responded "Oh, but he said it's his own fault". That really doesn't matter. Go back and watch his press conferences from the perspective of his players. It's amazing that anyone on the two deep would want to come back and play for this guy. I would be infuriated every time I watched one of those conferences if I played for the guy.

Since this a pure speculation thread with over reacting fans, I do want to report that I will be staying on next season. You’re welcome

Okay good. Was worried after your latest Turkey of the Year article.

To me, having only read about what happened to either on GH, my impression is that both QBs you are discussing are pretty big head cases

PJ Fleck spent _all year_ throwing his players under the bus. Every time I brought this up you all responded "Oh, but he said it's his own fault". That really doesn't matter. Go back and watch his press conferences from the perspective of his players. It's amazing that anyone on the two deep would want to come back and play for this guy. I would be infuriated every time I watched one of those conferences if I played for the guy.

Jesus H. Christ. This is the Big 10, not Pop Warner. If you want lollipops and rainbow kisses when you play like manure, then go some where else. Fleck is demanding accountability and full commitment. And frankly it's about time. Five decades of lousy, half-assed, excuse-filled football is enough.

Jesus H. Christ. This is the Big 10, not Pop Warner. If you want lollipops and rainbow kisses when you play like manure, then go some where else. Fleck is demanding accountability and full commitment. And frankly it's about time. Five decades of lousy, half-assed, excuse-filled football is enough.

I think it is play-doh and coloring books.

If you knew at the beginning of the year he was leaving, would you still have played him? I wouldn't. The only game he helped win was Nebraska, but Rhoda probably wins that game too.

Nebraska was bad and we may have still beaten them with Rhoda at the helm but Croft's 183 rushing yards were a huge key in the victory on offense. You replace him with Rhoda and all that yardage has to come from someone else because Rhoda might have rushed for 3 but he wouldn't have gotten the other 180.

Anyone hear how viramontes visit went. Damn his video he looks crazy good.

We've got to be an attractive spot for him to land. There can't be too many programs with such a hole at QB for someone to fill.

So, three extra scholies will be available?

Not sure Hungan. Even if half the team quits we can only sign 25 max on NSD and 3 if we were under the max last year and they come in January.

Does anyone know if there any good grad transfer prospects out there who wants to play P5 football in the B1G?

We have until the February NSD to figure things out.

Let's hope that all the recruits on Official Visit on December 8 all decide to sign early on December 20. Then, PJ Fleck and staff can focus on high caliber impact players who suddenly become available.

Is there a bevy of these type of players who become available in the last month each year?

Alabama has signed 26-28 players in the past. I believe you can award one-year scholies to PWOs and this may not count toward the 25 max signing per class, and an additional 3 if you're short (under 25 players) in the previous class.

Alabama has signed 26-28 players in the past. I believe you can award one-year scholies to PWOs and this may not count toward the 25 max signing per class, and an additional 3 if you're short (under 25 players) in the previous class.

So could Minnesota offer an off the book scholarship, and then it would just be applied in the fall when the PWO gets to school?

Is there a bevy of these type of players who become available in the last month each year?

These grad transfers probably probably want to line up something earlier, but I wouldn't be surprised if some decide later towards the NSD or afterwards.

Not sure Hungan. Even if half the team quits we can only sign 25 max on NSD and 3 if we were under the max last year and they come in January.

Idk, there’s loopholes, sir . 2016 class Texas Longhorns sign 28 total with 4 early enrollees..

I don't know the exact ins and outs, but you can bet that PJ Fleck knows how to play the rules legally. Don't PWOs get rewarded after they played one season?

We know that PJ FLeck has 7 PWO commitments so far.

I don't know the exact ins and outs, but you can bet that PJ Fleck knows how to play the rules legally. Don't PWOs get rewarded after they played one season?

We know that PJ FLeck has 7 PWO commitments so far.

No, there is no promise. Being a PWO is a try-out.

Rumors from some people who know players on the team is that we have another 6 transfers coming besides Croft, Still, and Holland. Could be close to 10 transfers or guys quitting team, which would explain Fleck getting 28 recruits with only 18 scholarships. Also heard that at least 2 of the transfers are current defense starters.

One other items is that I hear is there are some significant issues with Fleck and some of the MSHSL coaches while I was at the state high school playoffs. The Kill/Claeys staff had really good in state relationships. They said that Fleck basically badmouths the level of players in the state of Minnesota and does nothing to build relationships with the in-state coaches and that he is more focused on Illinois. Take it for what it is worth, but one coach told me look for all of the top 2019 and 2020 players to end up at Iowa and Wisconsin because those staffs have the relationships in state like Kill/Claeys did, and Flecks staff doesn't give the in-state guys any time.

Top Bottom