All Things Gopher Transfers

All kidding aside - been hard on PJ I know - but, this door thing seems fishy and makes me think we don’t know the whole story. I get down on PJ because I think his schlock buries his good points that I am sure he has under all that yapping . . . But, he’s not a complete idiot - why would he just randomly alienate a kid that he believed could help them and was completely blamelesd? Doesn’t make sense. And as critical as I’ve been about “culture this and culture that”, there is truth to the fact that you just having guys doing “whatever” can come back to haunt you - he’s in charge of a LOT of people that are often yet teenagers. It’s a huge thing to oversee. It’s possible I’m off base on this, but my hunch is he likely has good reason, can’t say fully, and parting ways is best. Plus, he just wasn’t that good.

I don't think what DC tweeted is horrible.
He'll find a place to play.

Wish him good luck.

Going back to the incident, if a door got broke, and girls were afraid (after all the negative pub last year), PJ has no choice but to nip it in the bud.

If you were brought in as a coach after last year, you're not going to gain a lot of credibility on looking the other way when girls in a dorm or an apartment were frightened by some possible actions by a football player or a friend of his.

Yep totally agree. Wishing Demry the best.

No longer speculation.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

LOL.

I’ll take the best players on my team. Until Minnesota high schools gets good at football, I don’t really care about getting Minnesota kids.

Go to Texas, California, Florida, etc and make relationships there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is probably the worst take in the history of Gopherhole.

I don't care about getting Minnesota kids for sentimental reasons. I care about getting Minnesota kids because they are our best bet. There is zero chance we land Carter Coughlin or Blaise Andries if they are from California. You talk about recruiting Florida, California, Texas, etc., as if it's an either/or situation. You recruit both.

Oh, by the way.

Wisconsin recruits the hell out of Wisconsin - supplements elsewhere.
Iowa recruits the hell out of Iowa - supplements elsewhere.

If you look at any other similarly situated program (not in a talent rich state, not a traditional helmet school), the successful ones follow the exact same formula.

If PJ is not connecting with MN coaches (which I have no reason to believe, I'm just discussing Fraternity's horrible point), it is a huge problem.

The timing of this is odd. Like most things, it doesn't feel like we have the complete story.

I wish Demry the best. I would have preferred for him to stay on the team (who is going to be our backup? Morgan?).

All kidding aside - been hard on PJ I know - but, this door thing seems fishy and makes me think we don’t know the whole story. I get down on PJ because I think his schlock buries his good points that I am sure he has under all that yapping . . . But, he’s not a complete idiot - why would he just randomly alienate a kid that he believed could help them and was completely blamelesd? Doesn’t make sense. And as critical as I’ve been about “culture this and culture that”, there is truth to the fact that you just having guys doing “whatever” can come back to haunt you - he’s in charge of a LOT of people that are often yet teenagers. It’s a huge thing to oversee. It’s possible I’m off base on this, but my hunch is he likely has good reason, can’t say fully, and parting ways is best. Plus, he just wasn’t that good.

My take: Is it possible that Demry Croft may be telling the truth that he was not the one that broke the door? But, his temper blew up on him, and possibly had an angry exchange with Coach Fleck? It could be that it escalated further beyond repair ending up in a suspension. This is total speculation on my part.

Regardless, the relationship may be beyond repair. Okay - I see the failed drug tests too.

No longer speculation.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Yikes he almost ran out of time typing that out, only 9% left on his phone.

Still tweets out with classy tweet saying best 2.5 years of his life, but must take a new path. Croft only one not taking the high road.

After the coach repeatedly and publicly took the low road with him sometimes what goes around comes around. He’s a young kid (both, actually) and (both) probably will have some level of regrets about the entire saga.

Okay, indefinitely suspended, unable to practice or have contact with the team or access to the building. Happy now?

Don't get mad at me. You're the one that was stating something false. There is a big difference between being suspended and being kicked off the team.

to the dude stating you don't need to recruit MN High School Players.....

two players on the All Big Ten Freshman team are MN kids. one that went to the U, another that didn't...but we all wish he would have.

Holland Jr official tweet

The thing I like about Jerry Kill is how he approaches his players. He treats them differently individually and with heart. Some, he knows to handle with kid gloves. For some, he knows he can push full throttle. Each kid come from diverse family backgrounds, maturity level, and emotional state.

He and Rebecca truly act like second parents. Didn't they have some players over for a meal at their house when they are lonely or homesick?

I don't know if PJ Fleck is like that. He'll learn real quickly that you can lost kids rather quickly if their psychological needs are not being met.

BINGO

to the dude stating you don't need to recruit MN High School Players.....

two players on the All Big Ten Freshman team are MN kids. one that went to the U, another that didn't...but we all wish he would have.

Who was the other one?

Any chance Rodney Smith goes pro?
The thread on Vic V has a tweet saying that Rodney Smith and some o-lineman had talked to Vic and they spoke highly of the program's culture, so I would infer Smith has bought in and will be staying.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I wonder if Holland was invited to go elsewhere.

The insider guys have been said that the old regime looked the other way on weed and ridiculous partying and PJ does not. I believe there were whispers that this was more than a first offense with Demry as well.

I’d bet he’s saying he got suspended for the door thing to deflect from some other things...

Incorrect

The timing of this is odd. Like most things, it doesn't feel like we have the complete story.

I wish Demry the best. I would have preferred for him to stay on the team (who is going to be our backup? Morgan?).

Yep, other things went on behind the scenes after the game and want to respect all parties involved.

Pretty sad when Hunter Register has to tweet out to stop calling him to say something bad about the coaching staff

“I don’t have anything negative to say about the current staff at Minnesota. Please stop calling me for negative information.”

Zero surprise there. Media THRIVE on negative info and quotes.

Pretty sad when Hunter Register has to tweet out to stop calling him to say something bad about the coaching staff

“I don’t have anything negative to say about the current staff at Minnesota. Please stop calling me for negative information.”

Yeah Reusse. Stop calling him. :p

Seems like a kid with his head on straight. Major props to him and best of luck wherever he ends up. Very classy exit.

Anyone know where I can leave my number?

Top Bottom