Hope for Next Year Thread...

I guess I turn to http://csnbbs.com/forum-489-page-76.html
for hope. Interesting scrolling through that board and juxtaposing it with
GH. Similar concerns, criticisms, compliments, and comments.
Even presser quotes. I remain hopeful the process, anxious for recruits, and ready to cheer on and support team.

Lol that's like the twilight zone

I guess I turn to http://csnbbs.com/forum-489-page-76.html
for hope. Interesting scrolling through that board and juxtaposing it with
GH. Similar concerns, criticisms, compliments, and comments.
Even presser quotes. I remain hopeful the process, anxious for recruits, and ready to cheer on and support team.

OMG, this is absolutely unreal! Thanks for digging that up. Twilight Zone is an absolutely accurate description. It's like a time vortex.

Here's a few nuggets:

In a thread about the top 5 WR's being out:
Well, PJ probably includes himself as the #1 receiver in the program. After all, it is ALL ABOUT PJ. So there is 1, but he is out of eligibility.

In response to PJ pointing out they were young and had lost 35 players from the previous 3 recruiting classes:
Funny thing is, there's a story to everything he claims along these lines. Even this claim can be debated whether it's real, semi real, total excuses. When that happens, it sounds like Charlie Brown's teacher to me, as all does all spin.

If the slogans, force-fed 'traditions', etc., get toned down next year - I mean way toned down - then Fleck will help mend ties with the WMU community like he's obviously trying to do with the NIU community. He doesn't need to get rid of RTB completely, it can be a more private philosophy if he'd like in the lockerroom and weight rooms. But given the guffaws and mockings these have gotten by fans, TV announcers, even opposing coaches, you'd think KB would pull him aside and have some words.

But I'm not holding my breath on that one. :(

No doubt our recruits have been impressed by the many uniform combinations we have displayed this year and convinced they will be able to play significant time if not start as Freshmen for a team that just finished 1-11.

Hopefully they won't consider how expertly they'll be coached or their chances of being competitive much less win during their college careers.

OMG, this is absolutely unreal! Thanks for digging that up. Twilight Zone is an absolutely accurate description. It's like a time vortex.

Here's a few nuggets:

In a thread about the top 5 WR's being out:

In response to PJ pointing out they were young and had lost 35 players from the previous 3 recruiting classes:

Now someone should go to last year on their forum and contrast that with Fleck's first year.

Read the threads from when they lost to FCS Nicholls State. Classic.

"He set the program back 30 years"

"shouldn't of hired this guy, why didnt he have the balls to go for it when it was 4th and 5 and 4th and short another time? were suppose to be afraid of the nicholls defense??????? "

"Bring back Cubit!!!!!"

"Somebody needs to tell PJ we Bronco fan are not stupid. We have seen several good teams in the past 20 years. He acts like the program was nuked just before he arrived to save the day. As poor a coaching performance as I can remember. "

"Hey PJ, since 1987 we have had 4 of those season you spoke of in your post game speech and 3 of them the coach was fired during or after the season. So how should we handle it if you win 2 or 3 games? "

"Somebody needs to tell PJ we Bronco fan are not stupid. We have seen several good teams in the past 20 years. He acts like the program was nuked just before he arrived to save the day. As poor a coaching performance as I can remember. "

:clap:

I hadn't seen that, but just perused it...I'm laughing too hard right now. This one above you pulled out is especially good.

NINE AND FOUR!!!!!!!!

I want to see an offensive identity take shape. If we are going to be a spread team fine. A power running team fine. Something in between fine.
I would like to be around 7th in total offense and defense.
Get to 6-6 and get those extra practices.

Wow that was an interesting read. It was so much like our message board. So many of the same takes. If any of you are unsure I suggest you go read a few of the threads, it will give you a bit more perspective and hope.

Top Bottom