Murphy named MVP of Barclays Center Classic, Coffey on All-Tournament Team

Man I hope Murphy doesn't foul out often or gets injured as this team turns into a hot mess quickly if those things happen.

On a side note, this Barclays tournament was a joke. Next year just schedule straight-up games and let this Barclays thing die a merciful death.

On a side note, this Barclays tournament was a joke. Next year just schedule straight-up games and let this Barclays thing die a merciful death.

I agree the entire thing was a mess. Poorly run and poorly officiated.

In regards to these early season “tournaments”, I think you sign up a couple years in advance so they can ensure teams from different conferences and all that. It looks like this was a legitimate tournament with TV coverage and real venues in the first couple years. It currently is a joke.

Wouldn’t mind seeing the Gophers in the PK80 or Maui sometime soon

I personally loved the discussion of Tim Hyde's hair, the inconsistent Facebook stream and the electric atmosphere at LIU Brooklyn.

Man I hope Murphy doesn't foul out often or gets injured as this team turns into a hot mess quickly if those things happen.

Getting injured would be ugly...but fouling out? I think the Gophers have plenty of capable players to carry the load if that happens. I feel Mason and Coffey specifically are taking a back seat right now, because Murphy has been so great, but they are capable of carrying the offensive load if Murphy needs to miss some time.

The beautiful thing about this team is that they are truly a team, and the unselfishness really shows.

Top Bottom