Where will the Gophers be ranked in the new polls

Where will the Gophers be ranked in the new polls?

• Lower than 15, we're the worst 5 v 3 team in college basketball

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • 14, stay the same

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • 13, We only jump Arizona

Votes: 19 27.5%
  • 12, Arizona and Wichita state fall below us

Votes: 26 37.7%
  • 11, we get a small bump in perception after Alabama

Votes: 10 14.5%
  • Top 10, We deserve to jump teams who didn't lose!

Votes: 9 13.0%

• Total voters

Tim1406

Reaction score
Seen as Arizona will likely be the only team to fall out of the top 15 because of losses where do you think the gophers will be ranked on Monday?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I'll go 13. Real question is will Zona fall out of the top 25?
Yes, they should not be ranked losing 3 straight. Especially in the fashion in which they lost the last game.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I'm starting to think losing out on Trier was a mixed blessing. Terrific on offense, plays almost no defense.

I voted 12. But I think more likely it will be 13. We all knew that the Miami game would be the biggest indicator

Top 10 baby. People will have heard enough "MN is legit and will compete with MSU" buzz to have it sink in. It's a little harder for the flyover schools to get in the national psyche.

USC is losing big. They are ranked 10th. Thinking 11th or 12th most likely, with us hopping Arizona and Southern Cal

#2 Arizona loses three times, #9 UNC stomped by Michigan State and #10 USC down by ten points to USC in the 2nd half. I think we pass 2 of those 3, and that bumps us up from #14 to #12.

Will be interesting to see whether the "Minnesota played poorly 5v3 narrative" that has been circulating nationally hampers us. Definitely will be a shame if it does.

#2 Arizona loses three times, #9 UNC stomped by Michigan State and #10 USC down by ten points to USC in the 2nd half. I think we pass 2 of those 3, and that bumps us up from #14 to #12.

Will be interesting to see whether the "Minnesota played poorly 5v3 narrative" that has been circulating nationally hampers us. Definitely will be a shame if it does.

Five teams in front of us lost (Arizona x 3, Wichita, Florida, UNC, and USC). Florida might not drop out of the top 10 given that it played #1 Duke to the buzzer, and also one or two teams behind us might jump us (notably A&M).

I'd say we'll check in around #11 this week, with a matchup vs #7 Miami. Should be huge.

13. We jump Zona and USC. A&M jumps us. Collin Sexton rockets into the rankings at #17.

I don't have work today and so I was googling how they compile the AP rankings (I never knew their methodology before... I mean, I knew that they asked sports writers to do their own, but didn't know how they added it all up)... Found out that they actually show you what each writer's top 25 is each weak. One dude, Chris Dachille, didn't even have Minnesota in his top 25 last week. He posted his top 25 for this week on Twitter last night, has Gophers at 17...

So that should provide a boost, for whatever that is worth

EDIT: Someone called him out on it last week
Screen Shot 2017-11-27 at 8.51.53 AM.jpg
https://twitter.com/CaseyKlas/status/932605068888637440

Rankings usually released around Noon Central, correct?

15. guessing most who vote won't know what was going on in the game before the technicals and will think the gophers barely beat a shorthanded alabama

Top Bottom