Not good stats for Harbaugh in his first three years at Michigan

BleedGopher

Reaction score
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

He is beating the teams MI has a clear edge over. He is losing to all of the teams they should be competing even-up against.

At least MI crushed Florida. It could be worse. MI could be FL or TX right now.

Take note Gopher fans, rebuilds take time, even at Michigan.

Message to all P5 football fans: Be careful what you wish for.

Regime change every three or four years or so is not good for the health of the football program as Minnesota can attest to.

Since after Lloyd Carr (1995-2007, 162-22) restless disgruntled fans demanded perfection to follow in the footsteps of Carr. Here is the result so far:

2008-2010, Rich Rodriguez, FIFY 15-22 Mich, 37-15
2011-2014, Brady Hoke, FIFY 31-20 Mich,51-31
2015-Present, Jim Harbaugh, FIFY 28-10 Mich (30-27 if you include his stint at Stanford)

I am surprised that the drumbeats to oust Jim Harbaugh is not as loud compared to his two predecessors.

Nebraska & Minnesota fans - Are you paying attention?

Regime change every three or four years or so is not good for the health of the football program as Minnesota can attest to.

Since after Lloyd Carr (1995-2007, 162-22) restless disgruntled fans demanded perfection to follow in the footsteps of Carr. Here is the result so far:

2008-2010, Rich Rodriguez, 37-15
2011-2014, Brady Hoke, 51-31
2015-Present, Jim Harbaugh, 30-27

I am surprised that the drumbeats to oust Jim Harbaugh is not as loud compared to his two predecessors.

Interesting, considering he's only coached 38 games at Mich.

I still don't see anyone calling for his head.

Besides on the field issues there were scheme and personality issues with Rodriguez (sound familiar?). With Hoke his teams gradually worsened culminating in some ugly losses including to Jerry Kill. Add in the Shane Morris concussion fiasco, the AD being a bean counting prick, and it was a tough time at Michigan.

Historically most programs rotate in and out of relevance and coaching turnover is part of that for better or worse. Sometimes it is painfully obvious there is a poor fit. I suppose one could argue Brewster would have succeeded given enough time, or insert any Gopher coach but those are the exceptions. It's sort of like the star argument: there are some notable exceptions but in aggregate players are what they are in high school. Pinning national champion hopes on a team of 2 and 3 stars probably isn't going to work out (with the exception of some really impressive Boise and TCU teams that were somewhat competitive but I digress).

Fleck will get at least 3-4 years and longer if he shows some positive signs.

The defense for Fleck and Company has fallen to defending him against the voices calling for his firing.

Voices that aren't there.

They should be better next season. Players get healthy and new players get on the field. Coaches should be trying to win next year too. Meaning that hopefully we've seen the last of running a play that doesn't work over and over again.

It's Fleck insistence that we shouldn't be looking at 2018, with it's incredibly easy Home schedule, to start winning again.

That should give everyone pause. If they look so incredibly inept on Offense again next year there actually will be people calling for their dismissal.

If there's anyone around that really cares.

Reports are that they are trying to give him a life deal to extend. It would destroy the program if Mr. Michigan left for the Bears job. Red flags would go up at Michigan and really set them back. He will be fine if he sticks around.

He is a very good coach and a great recruiter. I think they will be fine. I wish we had such problems.

It's Fleck insistence that we shouldn't be looking at 2018, with it's incredibly easy Home schedule, to start winning again.

Didn't he imply next year was going to be worse?

Hungan- when u get on your dais please at least have stats close to reality.

Rich Rod was 15-22 in his 3 years
Hoke was 31-20 in his 4 years
Harbaugh I believe is 28-10. Not too shabby although without top 10 and OSU wins I'm sure the grumbling is audible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Michigan is in a good place.

They are recruiting well, they were really young this season and they lost their starting QB.

If Speight plays all season, that is likely a 9/10 win team even though it was so young. I'm not saying it is an excuse, everyone has injuries, but you don't start talking about coaching changes because you had down season caused by losing 11 NFL draft picks and having your QB injured.

Harbaugh will be gone when any warm-weather/west coast NFL job opens up. Hell, he might be coaching the Cowboys. Perfect spot. He can't help himself. And Michigan will go on probation.

Hungan- when u get on your dais please at least have stats close to reality.

Rich Rod was 15-22 in his 3 years
Hoke was 31-20 in his 4 years
Harbaugh I believe is 28-10. Not too shabby although without top 10 and OSU wins I'm sure the grumbling is audible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My mistake. That was inclusive of other coaching stints. The narrative on Harbaugh is better than the two predecessors and is still being written.

My mistake, 28-10, 57-31 if you included Stanford.

All your other numbers are off as well...looks like you grabbed games coached as wins on all of them. Harbaugh's last four four years saw three finish pretty much in the top 10. He's 18-8 in conference. I think his job is safe.

2008-2010, Rich Rodriguez, FIFY 15-22 Mich, 37-15
2011-2014, Brady Hoke, FIFY 31-20 Mich,51-31
2015-Present, Jim Harbaugh, FIFY 28-10 Mich (30-27 if you include his stint at Stanford)

Rich Rod was a disaster from day one. He was to scUM what Billy Gillipsie was to Kentucky hoops post Tubby and pre Cal. Hoke started fast and fizzled, you're not going to survive at Michigan losing to your rivals, Rutgers and then to Minnesota and Maryland at home. Jim H has been fine. They'll be better next year but unfortunately have to travel to Sparty and Columbus. If he ends up in 0-5 vs Urban I think he will be in hot water.

Harbaugh will be gone when any warm-weather/west coast NFL job opens up. Hell, he might be coaching the Cowboys. Perfect spot. He can't help himself. And Michigan will go on probation.

You have any inside info or are just guessing that Michigan is cheating? I never heard any rumblings of cheating at Stanford.

Top Bottom