Dozens of empty rows in between the 30s on home side of field

Yeah, the ticket price debacle from a few years back is still a huge black mark. THe sad fact is that ticket revenue probably still surpasses what it was in 2014 because of the increases, but the atmosphere inside the stadium is totally sterile because you've lost so many hardcore fans. The smug attitude with which athletics (and their consultant-hired phone operators) managed the whole thing made it even worse. "Oh, sorry to hear you won't be reupping, but no worries -- we've got plenty of people out there just dying to pony up for your seats. Thanks for your 20+ years of loyalty, but don't let the door hit you on the way out..."

The foundation was cracking years before Megatongue’s folly. The U hired an outside firm six years ago to help sell football tickets. The scholarship seating just accelerated the collapse.

That seems to be the solution for major problems the burdensome over bureaucratic administration uses - hire an outside search or consulting firm. They can't seem to do their own jobs or trust their own people. How can you justify their organizational effectiveness? Voila! We give you Megatongue!

I am talking about the decision makers, not the worker bees. It has the feel of highly politicized working groups. I may be wrong. I stand to be corrected.

Maybe Jim Carter was right. They need to revamp the administrative organizations. Carter just happen to say it in less than enduring ways.

Ditto for me- I will never go back to season tickets after dropping them after
10 plus years

Some friends of ours had them for 30 yrs and dropped them, same time I did.

I was a season ticket holder for nearly 2 decades. At the start of TCF we had a group of 18. Now, 0. It wasn't all the price hike, but that put the final nail in the coffin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Once you lose loyal faithful season ticket holders, it is hard to get them back.

The only way is if we go to the Rose Bowl!

You mean you don't enjoy the thrilling thinly veiled ads of the Gophers corporate sponsors every 2 minutes? BOSTON SCIENTIFIC HEART OF THE GAME! *thump* *thump*

True.... I never heard the "Gophers have entered the Case Red Zone" once yesterday....I hate that one.

I couldn't believe how empty the home side was today. This is sad.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Club Level, most were probably inside.

I was a season ticket holder for nearly 2 decades. At the start of TCF we had a group of 18. Now, 0. It wasn't all the price hike, but that put the final nail in the coffin.

And my guess there has been zero outreach on behalf of the U to engage former long or even short term season ticket holders to reconsider.

As mentioned in a previous post, their focus on customer service is waaaaaay out of touch, and frankly the kids in the ticket office are not trained up properly.

Invest in people who promote the enthusiasm you want to generate interest and loyalty. Retaining season ticket holders, forget about increasing them, is not garnered by a free calendar or an opportunity to attend and autograph session...

Funny thing with so many no-shows is on StubHub still needed $125/ticket minimum (4 together). I considered not missing my first MN-WI game in a decade, but that made it easy. Not sure who would have bought those.

A Badger fan maybe?

You mean you don't enjoy the thrilling thinly veiled ads of the Gophers corporate sponsors every 2 minutes? BOSTON SCIENTIFIC HEART OF THE GAME! *thump* *thump*

We didn't hear the "They've entered the Case IH RED ZONE!" much yesterday, for what it's worth.

Missed it myself.

I did hear the very vocal drunken skunk fan who was proud to yell out that he just **** his pants. And he was serious when he put his hand down his pants and made a grimace. So classy for a man who was in his forties.

We didn't hear the "They've entered the Case IH RED ZONE!" much yesterday, for what it's worth.

Missed it myself.

Did we hear it at all? I don't remember ever being inside the 20, unless it was later in the game after we left.

I did hear the very vocal drunken skunk fan who was proud to yell out that he just **** his pants. And he was serious when he put his hand down his pants and made a grimace. So classy for a man who was in his forties.

Seems disgusting but pretty understandable. They have an image to uphold..

Top Bottom