Do you think there will be staff changes?

I'm thinking 2 for sure. Chukes Okafor their offensive tackle. And Darius Phillips a CB. Jarvion Franklin should be drafted but I think it will largely depend on his 40 time. Asantay Brown has potential to be drafted as a SS, though he plays LB for us. Started off as a DB. Donnie Ernsberger our TE has potential to be drafted as well. So possibly 5.

Thanks.

I would assume not, but the team seemed to regress on both sides of the ball in November. Obviously injuries were a major factor on the OL, Wr, and at DB and are a legitimate reason (not excuse) for poor play. I wonder about Strength and Conditioning coach Dan Nichol given PJ's comments about the number of surgeries the Gophers faced last offseason and how many guys went down this year. My biggest disappointment with Klein was not the injuries, but the fact that the Gophers still didn't match up physically with Wisconsin or Iowa in the trenches six years in to his tenure. That said, I am not sure how much of an effect the new S&C coach could have in just one offseason, so I don't expect to see a change there especially since he's been with PJ since Western Michigan.

Agree 100%. I don't know if Klein's forte was helping with quickness, which did show up on defense, but he sure couldn't add bulk and strength on either of the lines. Part of that was scheme because the DEs in the Claeys/Sawvel scheme lined up very wide and because of that weren't expected to be bulky. Elmore was the exception and was probably Klein's biggest success.

I think some of the new to Fleck and experienced guys will leave for other jobs. They will want to work for a coach that is not such high maintenance.

What makes Fleck high maintenance?

Top Bottom