Should Mason sit Wednesday?

brucekaupa

**** Commander
Reaction score
I wasn’t watching super close, but it seems this whole mess was caused by Mason acting like a punk.

No way. That's a huge game. Mason didn't punch anybody. He talked some smack. That's all.

Complete failure of the captain. He sits a full half if I am the coach.

Well I'm thankful that you're not the coach. I think him sitting through the rest of the game was enough punishment for him to learn the appropriate lesson.

He broke a lottery pick's ankles and gave him a glance before icing a 3. #baller

I'm sure Pitino will give him a chat about the antics yapping after that, but we have a true boss leading our team. He can talk AND back it up. Not concerned.

It's more fun to learn a lesson after a win than a loss. Tonight is that time.

We got the win, hopefully learned some lessons and let's move on.

Go Gophers!!

No way. That's a huge game. Mason didn't punch anybody. He talked some smack. That's all.
Agreed.
But this team of refs who failed to control the game should. Instead of T'ing Pitino, they should have talked with both coaches and captains

It's easy to pass judgement when watching from your couch. I'd like to hear from someone who was there. Announcers were saying atmosphere was really charged up, players, coaches and fans.

Mason deserves to start on the bench for a game... seriously, he lost his cool and almost cost the team. Don't forget, after Mason got tossed, Alabama got within 7 and might have even caught up because they had all the momentum. A senior should know better than that.

Agreed.
But this team of refs who failed to control the game should. Instead of T'ing Pitino, they should have talked with both coaches and captains

I completely agree with this. The refs lost control.

It Won't Happen But Pitino and Mason Should Both Sit on Wednesday

They both lost control and put themselves before the team. I blame Pitino more than Mason. I was at the Middle Tennessee State NCAA game when Pitino lost control and had to be physically restrained from the referee like you prevent a young dog that is still being trained from jumping on a visitor to your home. Pitino compounded the Mason/Sexton situation by losing his composure. He wasn't "defending his team" and "defending his player." He was acting like a brat, a child, and he cost his team points, a possession and momentum. I wonder how he behaves at home when there is a problem?

Mason is only twenty one or twenty two and he was feeling it, but it was still stupid.

They both need a game off. No way Coyle has the balls to do it.

It's embarrassing a thread like this is even posted......really?

We've had a lot of bad threads lately. If poverty breeds creativity, the riches of quality basketball is breeding something much less desirable.

They both lost control and put themselves before the team. I blame Pitino more than Mason. I was at the Middle Tennessee State NCAA game when Pitino lost control and had to be physically restrained from the referee like you prevent a young dog from jumping on a visitor to your home. Pitino compounded the Mason/Sexton situation by losing his composure. He wasn't "defending his team" and "defending his player." He was acting like a brat, a child, and he cost his team points, a possession and momentum. I wonder how he behaves at home when there is a problem?

Mason is only twenty one or twenty two and he was feeling it, but it was still stupid.

They both need a game off. No way Coyle has the balls to do it

Self righteous jerk alert. it was a basketball game, they didn't do anything illegal, they didn't do anything inappropriate like baker mayfield did... why on earth does this deserve a game off and Baker mayfield does not? go home you're drunk.

Mason deserves to start on the bench for a game... seriously, he lost his cool and almost cost the team. Don't forget, after Mason got tossed, Alabama got within 7 and might have even caught up because they had all the momentum. A senior should know better than that.

And we score the next two baskets to go back up 11. Settle down.

Refs fault - mason sat for most of the second half - Miami up next - not sitting or that

this is one of the dumbest posts i have ever read. my gosh dude, you are way off. just a terrible take.

Total bull****, Jammer.

I didn't see the game, but am very excited to see Daniel's summary. As one with no pony in the suspension race, I'm just grateful for the win against a quality opponent on a neutral court.

These things do invite the self-righteous out of their towers, though. Fascinating study of the fallen human condition.

They both lost control and put themselves before the team. I blame Pitino more than Mason. I was at the Middle Tennessee State NCAA game when Pitino lost control and had to be physically restrained from the referee like you prevent a young dog that is still being trained from jumping on a visitor to your home. Pitino compounded the Mason/Sexton situation by losing his composure. He wasn't "defending his team" and "defending his player." He was acting like a brat, a child, and he cost his team points, a possession and momentum. I wonder how he behaves at home when there is a problem?

They both need a game off. No way Coyle has the balls to do it.

I love the emotion. I'd actually give him a raise.

This thread is ridiculous. Sexton is a good player but known for being cocky. I don't doubt he was jawing at Mason. Mason made him look foolish. They got into it. Mason lost his cool for a second. Sure, I wish he hadn't. But even the 2nd T was questionable given what was going on. Now we're going to bench him and strip him of being a captain? Give me a break.

Total bull****, Jammer.

I don't think so, Moon. Pitino compounded a situation that was getting out of control. I saw him do the same thing in Milwaukee late in the game and it didn't look good and it wasn't helpful. It was a tantrum. (Milwaukee was worse than NY. He was basically airborne when he went after the ref.)

He's got a chance to do something really special this year and beyond, if he can manage himself and his team.

If we're going to have multiple awful irrational hot take threads, at least merge them. Only Gopher fans would sabotage their best team in 20 years because someone got too cocky for a minute.

I don't think so, Moon. Pitino compounded a situation that was getting out of control. I saw him do the same thing in Milwaukee late in the game and it didn't look good and it wasn't helpful. It was a tantrum. (Milwaukee was worse than NY. He was basically airborne when he went after the ref.)

He's got a chance to do something really special this year and beyond, if he can manage himself and his team.

you are way off on your take. you either didn't watch the game or don't watch sports. i love that he stuck up for mason. you had a terrible original post and are now doubling down on dumb. you act like potus with doubling down on awful takes.

Top Bottom