Should Mason sit Wednesday?

No he shouldn’t be benched
Yes he is a dummy today
Yes the referees let it escalate

I have never seen a guy get ejected for trash talk before today.
The bump was the first technical. Ejected for trash talk? That’s a sign you have lost control.

If this was the NBA, not there wouldn't have even been a tech called and it ends up being a complete non story.

All Mason did was exchange a few words with Sexton. He should absolutely not sit.

They both lost control and put themselves before the team. I blame Pitino more than Mason. I was at the Middle Tennessee State NCAA game when Pitino lost control and had to be physically restrained from the referee like you prevent a young dog that is still being trained from jumping on a visitor to your home. Pitino compounded the Mason/Sexton situation by losing his composure. He wasn't "defending his team" and "defending his player." He was acting like a brat, a child, and he cost his team points, a possession and momentum. I wonder how he behaves at home when there is a problem?

Mason is only twenty one or twenty two and he was feeling it, but it was still stupid.

They both need a game off. No way Coyle has the balls to do it.

Half of D1 college basketball and football coaches act like that at least once or twice every single season. This is D1 sports.

They both lost control and put themselves before the team. I blame Pitino more than Mason. I was at the Middle Tennessee State NCAA game when Pitino lost control and had to be physically restrained from the referee like you prevent a young dog that is still being trained from jumping on a visitor to your home. Pitino compounded the Mason/Sexton situation by losing his composure. He wasn't "defending his team" and "defending his player." He was acting like a brat, a child, and he cost his team points, a possession and momentum. I wonder how he behaves at home when there is a problem?

Mason is only twenty one or twenty two and he was feeling it, but it was still stupid.

They both need a game off. No way Coyle has the balls to do it.

Ridiculous

Coach Pitino will not and should not sit Mason. No way. I'm sure that Mason felt like crap in the locker room. He'll learn from it and be much more disciplined the rest of the year. The refs blew it by not getting the players together. Hell, even Barney Fife would have taken care of it....nip it, nip it, nip it!!!!

Sitting Mason would be idiotic. No one would be asking had Alabama not had their entire team tossed later in the game.

Gophers will roll Miami. This team is good.

I hope the team comes out focused and with their head in the game vs Miami.

I hope the team comes out focused and with their head in the game vs Miami.
If they come out the way they did in this game they win by double digits. The starting 5 seemed focused and determined in this one and I expect the same against Miami. This whole 2nd half fiasco seems to have taken away from the fact that they were dominating a really good team up to that point.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Should Mason be kicked off the team and Pitino be fired? And Dupree be suspended?

LOL

Just Kidding.

To all the people on this board complaining about 'bad behavior,' do you wish we lost today instead?

I mean, Mason deserved the first tech, not the second. I like the competitive fire and the emotion.

The only thing Mason deserves is that the clip of him breaking Sexton's ankles, the stare down, then drilling the three be played up on the big screen before every home game.

people are still talking about this?

Get a ****ing life.

Says the guy who chose to click on the thread and well "talk about it." :cool:

There is one, maybe two, outliers with a terrible take, and dozens others telling them how bad their take is.

Mason is supposed to be the wily Senior who outsmarts the hot-shot Freshman & gets him ejected, not the other way around. Getting ejected and watching us almost blow it in his absence is enough of a lesson though. Mason's kind of a punk. Always has been, going back his HS film.

Aside from how dominating we were prior to the drama, the one thing that really jumps out at me is how screwed we are if IW has to play any significant time at PG. IW has skills, but we're near the bottom of the B1G if he has to run the show right now.

Mason is supposed to be the wily Senior who outsmarts the hot-shot Freshman & gets him ejected, not the other way around. Getting ejected and watching us almost blow it in his absence is enough of a lesson though. Mason's kind of a punk. Always has been, going back his HS film.

Aside from how dominating we were prior to the drama, the one thing that really jumps out at me is how screwed we are if IW has to play any significant time at PG. IW has skills, but we're near the bottom of the B1G if he has to run the show right now.

So I guess were good then since Washington won't be running the show. If he god forbid has to play 25 minutes a game I don't think that makes us a bottom feeder in big ten!

Very good observation! That's probably the most important backstory to today's fleeting drama. Pitino very much needs to secure a quality grad transfer point guard for insurance in this offseason.

I think that's a massive over-reaction. The rest of the team is very talented, and IW at PG would not be a re-enactment of 2011 with Blake Hoffarber or anything.

Hyperbole king!! You love it so much. HAHA.

That comment is just so ridiculous. We're gonna go from the Top 2 in the BT to "near the bottom" because of one player on a quality veteran squad? It's just not even possible.

I don't even know how this is a question. The Miami game is our best chance to earn a signature non-conference win and could be the most important game of the season for seeding purposes. Anyone who would sit their senior leader in a game of that magnitude just to teach him a lesson is just plain dumb.

My biggest gripe is with Pitino. It's his team and his program and it's the second time I've seen him compound a problem situation in a big game. I know I'm in the minority in this thread but, when you think about it, is this how you want the leader handling critical situations?

My biggest gripe is with Pitino. It's his team and his program and it's the second time I've seen him compound a problem situation in a big game. I know I'm in the minority in this thread but, when you think about it, is this how you want the leader handling critical situations?

I think pitino and mason will talk. Pretty sure this is not a problem. Also can almost guarantee that his teammates still consider him a leader.

If Mason sits, I lose all respect. He did what he should. Nate Mason is a bad a@@ mother fu@ker.

...See you in the dance Alabama.

Dumbest thing I’ve read on here in a long time. “Should Mason sit.” LOL. I haven’t checked out the person who posted this, but only a troll would come up with something so asinine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very good observation! That's probably the most important backstory to today's fleeting drama. Pitino very much needs to secure a quality grad transfer point guard for insurance in this offseason.
I’ve been pretty hard on Washington but y’all are crazy. this was his second best game behind Providence. He made big shots in the first half and was one of the reasons we had such a huge lead with 10 minutes to go. Get out of here with that crap

Bobby Knight - "hold my beer"

Every team going forward is going to target Mason and try for a replay of last night. I have no doubt he can handle that. I expect that the situation has been finalized and that all focus is on Miami. Do realize that Miami is going to try to push all of Mason's buttons. The team will rally around him when they do. They are quality players and individuals. We win in double digits.

I would guess IW got a talking to also and this could be an early turning point for him too.

Pitino is perfect for them.

GopherHole laid an egg by calling BAMA game a Fiasco and suggesting Mason sit..

This thread title sums up my reaction upon logging on this morning to this board. Oh, and we are undefeated.. just wanted to toss that nugget out. Okay, carry on wringing your hands. I will focus on the excitement of the Miami game.

There is no bigger fan and homer than me, but have you guys thought of what would happen if Mason is not made into an example for what he did? What if Pitino does nothing and all the other players who view Mason as a leader get too cocky and do something similar? Sure I don't really think what happened after Bama's bench was ejected to be normal but don't forget, after Mason was tossed, the momentum was all Bama. They were only down 7 with a big 3point shot. With the way Washington played down the stretch, I really don't want to put the ball in his hands for the last 10 minutes (at least this season). Now... I'm not saying to suspend Mason, all I'm saying is he needs to talk to the team and say "Hey, I love you guys but you can't put us in the same situation, we need you guys to keep your cool" and then as a penalty, just not start Mason in the next game in the first half. He can play but just not start the first half. I don't think we'd win vs the better teams if Mason does this against them.

If he doesn't start the first half Pitino needs to call a timeout 30 seconds in and play him. Any travesty here is that Sexton wasn't tossed with him.

Wow, really? We're undefeated? That's news... thanks.

I don't know about others, but I think Pitino should not start Mason the first half of the next game. What happens if Mason or anyone else does this in big game that we're not as talented as? What if the team starts thinking "Hey, Coach has our back even if we lose our cool and get technicals for mouthing off."

People were correctly saying it was the refs' fault for allowing it to happen and then adding more to it, but that's what my point is here... Pitino should pull the whole team aside today or tomorrow and have a nice talk with them and tell them how no one should be above the team and lose their cool. Pull Mason aside and tell him he's just sitting him at the start of the next game and using him as an example so that something like that never happens again. First TV Time-out, he comes off the bench. Done. No harm, lessons learned.

Top Bottom