Worse footwork: 3rd chair trombone or Demry Croft?

Our dbacks performed more pinwheels than the band out on the field!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Still smarting I see. Blaming everything on an inexperienced QB is precious. Keep banging that gong. This team can't block, can't catch, can't tackle, and yes, the QB even holds the ball too long or throw some interceptions.

Why can't Fleck see what you all see?? Rhoda>Croft, amirite?

Still smarting I see. Blaming everything on an inexperienced QB is precious. Keep banging that gong. This team can't block, can't catch, can't tackle, and yes, the QB even holds the ball too long or throw some interceptions.

Why can't Fleck see what you all see?? Rhoda>Croft, amirite?

They are both absolutely awful. Neither should see the field again in a starting capacity.

Tanner Morgan will be the starter early 2018. As it was supposed to be. Get a little vision.

Tanner Morgan will be the starter early 2018. As it was supposed to be. Get a little vision.

McLaurin, I thought.

Hard to say right now as we don't have a recruit and Morgan may or may not be an upgrade over Croft. A JUCO recruit would seem to have the inside track but until they get on campus and in games hard to tell.

The good news is we have about 11 jobs that should be fully open on offense and about 9 on defense.

We’ll see but given a year I don’t think it’s a stretch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Demry, all respect to him, was an athlete-turned-qb in high school.
It might make sense to recruit an experienced, trained, statistically proven QB for the position. We've had enough RBs, TEs and Athletes there.

Demry, all respect to him, was an athlete-turned-qb in high school.
It might make sense to recruit an experienced, trained, statistically proven QB for the position. We've had enough RBs, TEs and Athletes there.

Demry was a high school QB.

Demry was a high school QB.

Yeah, I think he meant that Demry was a superb athlete in HS whom the coaches simply decided to plop at QB in order to get the ball in his hands. This as opposed to a guy who grew up playing the position his whole life. I don't know if this is true or not...I'm not familar with his backstory. Either way, he does look very uncomfortable in there at times. He just looks robotic out there...like if an alien came down to earth and was told to read a book on fundamental QB play and then go do it. He's quite fast straight-ahead, but he's not "quick" or elusive in my mind...not much wiggle to him. He's rail thin, so anybody gets a hand on him he's going down. He sets up to throw with very deliberate motions, like the staff said, "OK, ball here...this many inches from your ear" or something. I don't know...he just looks odd in there.

All that said, I still think he could QB a team that wins the West in the next 2 years. He threw a lot of nice balls this year, many of which were just flat-out dropped by a mediocre WR corps. He can continue to improve and get a better feel in the pocket (and on zone read). Only the coaches know how they feel about his future, but I still hold out some hope.

Top Bottom