Middle School Playcalling

bfast

Reaction score
How are you supposed to build on year zero with this? Bring back Limegrover. Badgers showing how a simple passing game with modest arm + receivers can work.

Middle school offensive talent. Not an OC issue.

So you’re saying the offense is the same as it has been for 4 years only with a bad quarterback instead of an average one?

So you’re saying the offense is the same as it has been for 4 years only with a bad quarterback instead of an average one?

Last few years before this look like the land of milk and honey. Talent level was the same. Receivers mediocre, running backs decent, QB mediocre, solid TE.

It's not a talent problem unless your problem is not being able to beat bama in the playoff.

One day we'll be able to recruit 5-stars like Hornibrook. Build a few more facilities!

One day we'll be able to recruit 5-stars like Hornibrook. Build a few more facilities!

Hornibrook followed the coach to UW. Just like Morgan followed PJF. Be Patient, it is year 0.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last few years before this look like the land of milk and honey. Talent level was the same. Receivers mediocre, running backs decent, QB mediocre, solid TE.

We have taken a big step back at WR and QB from where we have been at even over the past few years and that is scary since we were not that good to begin with. The receivers this year are just awful and can't catch on the times when Croft does make a good throw.

Can we stop the year zero crap. Unless the ticket prices are reduced.and coaches are taking pay cuts this year is still a season of football not a throwaway- we should have an expectation that we can perform more than 1 first down in a half

We have taken a big step back at WR and QB from where we have been at even over the past few years and that is scary since we were not that good to begin with. The receivers this year are just awful and can't catch on the times when Croft does make a good throw.

EJ6 being hurt doesn't help at all. 2 brutal wide open drops the first half was tough to watch

Can we stop the year zero crap. Unless the ticket prices are reduced.and coaches are taking pay cuts this year is still a season of football not a throwaway- we should have an expectation that we can perform more than 1 first down in a half

Year Zero is over in like 90 minutes...I hope you survive the horror!

Agree. You win 9 games and then some dude from the MAC comes in and says you're a disaster in need of rebuild? As a player, I'd say STFU!

I look forward to year one. Starting later today.

Agree. You win 9 games and then some dude from the MAC comes in and says you're a disaster in need of rebuild? As a player, I'd say STFU!
He never said either of those things.

Let me guess, Clinton killed 3 people and Trump met with Putin too. Sounds like you get your news off Facebook

It's division 1 football... it's the B1G ten...

It's not mainly a talent gulf 1 year off of a 9-win season FFS

Who on the Gophers would you take over the same position player on Wisconsin?

Croft throws the ball well when given the time. How anyone cant recognize that is humorous.

Talk to Coyle. He hired Year Zero and allowed the BS to continue.

Yes, it is a 1 year talent gulf...at QB, receiver, and TE. Going into today, the defense was playing just as well as last year if not better in terms of points and yards. The running game was gaining about the same as last year. The huge chasm to last year was the passing game. Just look up the stats. The inept passing attack cost the Gophies over 50 yards per game and over 1 touchdown per game less in scoring which led to at least 3 more losses. This team needs at least 3 or 4 guys who can catch the ball routinely and improved QB play.

I thought we were all looking forward to improvement in our wide receiver core this year as Fleck is WR whisperer? Very disappointed in the lack of ability to make a basic catch. There were times over the last few games where Croft made nice throughs, or kept a play alive and put the ball in their hands, and they were dropped or tipped to the defense. Unacceptable step back this year.

The biggest difference this year was qb. Croft is brutal (the receivers aren't helping either) and they have to strip down the playbook so much for him that what you saw is about all he can apparently handle. I think if Mitch is QB we win 2 more games this year. I'm not ready to throw Kirk under the bus yet.

Is getting the worst out of your talent, a talent issue? Way more ability there than what is being brought out. Holy crap that was hard to watch. Figure out a way!! Hapless. Not at all impressed with off coaching staff that has no clue.

Not sure about your definition of well is, but to me giving up 31 points is along ways from well. Poor tackling, poor coverage, and at times poor effort pretty much summaries today's debacle.

Is getting the worst out of your talent, a talent issue? Way more ability there than what is being brought out. Holy crap that was hard to watch. Figure out a way!! Hapless. Not at all impressed with off coaching staff that has no clue.

Bingo. People think we are magically stuck with Illinois talent after a 9-win season? Man.

Top Bottom