***OFFICIAL wisconsin AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

Stan

Reaction score
HERE WE GO!!!!!!!!!!!! Longest running rivalry in college sports and we've gotten curb stomped in this rivalry dating back to the Mason era, and that was four coaches ago! And yet here we are, facing a potential 14th straight loss. Most of us are feeling pretty meh about the season, but a win tomorrow would shock the college football world and inject a huge amount of excitement behind Fleck and the program.

GET 'ER DONE FLECK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did we all know they stopped scheduling MN-WI as the rivalry week game starting in 2020? I feel like I missed that. Kind of a bummer tbh.

No one but a handful of diehard Gopher fans actually care about this game, really. Badgers come to party in the Cities, but most view it as a mere stepping stone on their way to Indianapolis each year.

Sad but true. The rivalry is anemic and meaningless to most...

No one but a handful of diehard Gopher fans actually care about this game, really. Badgers come to party in the Cities, but most view it as a mere stepping stone on their way to Indianapolis each year.

Sad but true. The rivalry is anemic and meaningless to most...

This is just so untrue. Why do you have such an inferiority complex?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

F#CK the badgers! Can't wait for gametime! Even more excited to storm the field and try to get a selfie with The Axe, maybe a few selfies with crying badger players since their playoff hopes will be crushed!

Go Gophers!

Did we all know they stopped scheduling MN-WI as the rivalry week game starting in 2020?

Thank goodness, this may actually help get a win in the next decade then. Sometimes you can catch teams playing poor earlier in the season, that's the kind of help we need.

It's a legitimate question - when is a rivalry not a rivalry? How many games in a row does WI have to win before it ceases to be a rivalry?

Don't get me wrong - I would be thrilled if the Gophers won today. I just don't expect it.

I'll be honest. I don't even look forward to this game anymore. MN has been competitive with IA - that is the 'rivalry' game that I anticipate the most. But WI - when the Gophers play WI, I have the same feeling I have before a dentist appointment. I hope things will go well, but in my gut, I strongly suspect the day is going to suck.

In fact, if I'm being honest, that is my mantra before a Gopher -Wisconsin game. "Please don't suck. Please don't suck. Please don't suck."

When you reach the point where your main desire is to not suck, then I don't consider that a 'rivalry.' It's more of an obligation. Like going to see Aunt Betty at the holidays. You just want the day to be over.

It's a legitimate question - when is a rivalry not a rivalry? How many games in a row does WI have to win before it ceases to be a rivalry?

Don't get me wrong - I would be thrilled if the Gophers won today. I just don't expect it.

I'll be honest. I don't even look forward to this game anymore. MN has been competitive with IA - that is the 'rivalry' game that I anticipate the most. But WI - when the Gophers play WI, I have the same feeling I have before a dentist appointment. I hope things will go well, but in my gut, I strongly suspect the day is going to suck.

In fact, if I'm being honest, that is my mantra before a Gopher -Wisconsin game. "Please don't suck. Please don't suck. Please don't suck."

When you reach the point where your main desire is to not suck, then I don't consider that a 'rivalry.' It's more of an obligation. Like going to see Aunt Betty at the holidays. You just want the day to be over.

Oh, it’s a rivalry, and always will be. WI had their run and it’s coming to an end soon. MN is about to rise up, because if they don’t do it in the next few years they never will.

2zsv31g.jpg

Coach has his Gameday face on already!

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Any Juniors being honored today? Fleck pushing any out? Or are they choosing to leave?

I found a positive about Wisconsin - they don’t have a cheer like Iowa, Michigan or Nebraska that can take over the stadium (I think). GO GOPHERS!!!!

I found a positive about Wisconsin - they don’t have a cheer like Iowa, Michigan or Nebraska that can take over the stadium (I think). GO GOPHERS!!!!

I think it’s the Beer Barrel Polka.

Saw a tweet that 4 Juniors expected to be part of Senior day today.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Does anyone know who?

Likely 4th year guys. Holland JR. maybe Rodney Smith. Weyler also a possibility.

Per pioneer press: linebacker Everett Williams, receivers Melvin Holland Jr. and Will Reger as well as punter Logan McElfresh.

So Rodney is expected to return next year? Or Grad Transfer?

Does that free up 2 more schollies?

Who is ready to stop Bucky's national championship dreams.? The sun shines on the Gophers today, Go Gophers tap dat Axe and bring her home to Bierman.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

We have to suffer through their carnival music.

Early returns look like 60% Badger fans here at the Bank. Ugly!

Top Bottom