***OFFICIAL wisconsin AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

Thinking this all is different with a decent QB is delusional
Thinking our receivers should catch Croft's passes that are no where near them is delusional.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Willing to give Fleck some time and not fall back on they won 9 games last so this year is a disaster doesn’t mean you have your nose in the coach’s but checks either.

PJ gets his time. Forget last year. I have no doubt things will get better than this year, but I fail to see how a number on here can't see just how poorly PJ did this year also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A season like this just happened in 2015.

If this year's team played the 2015 team, I think the 2015 team would win by at least 2 TD's, if not more.

We've been told repeatedly that not all 9-win seasons are equal. Therefore, it stands to reason that not all 5-win seasons are equal.

And, FWIW, the 2015 team finished 6-7 with a win in a bowl game. the 2017 team has apparently finished 5-7 and has virtually no chance of playing in a bowl game. So, not entirely equal.

I didn't watch the second half, as I turned in to the basketball game and don't think I'll just delete the game. One thing I don't understand is PJ acknowledging the fact that they would have trouble running the ball against Wisconsin and then only attempting 9 passes all game. The other thing I don't understand is PJ acknowledging the fact that Wisconsin get the lead and then they "suffocate you" then why not be more aggressive with the decision making early in the game? I believe the Gophers had 4th and short on either their first two possessions or their 1st and 3rd possession and chose to punt both times. This isn't second guessing, because I was thinking it at the time, but they kind of needed to go for it (even in their own territory) given the match up if they were going to win this game.

I feel like the decision making in both this game and the Northwestern game especially in regards to offensive play calling was made to just try to get the game over with as quickly as possible and limit the opportunities for the opposition to put up 50. I am not sure how that helps the team for the future unless it just avoids further injury.

PJ gets his time. Forget last year. I have no doubt things will get better than this year, but I fail to see how a number on here can't see just how poorly PJ did this year also.

Doesn't have to be mutually exclusive

This year sucked, not great coaching job (Purdue/Maryland) but excited for future

Every senior deserved the chance to play one last game after the outcome was no longer in doubt. <b>A coach that preaches F.A.M.I.L.Y. and culture </b>and every other silly cliche showed himself to be a blowhard, disingenuous fraud.

This is true. Really not disputable. Some will tho.

Smokey Joe got his time. If this administration were in 1982, they would have given him a contract extension, too.

Doesn't have to be mutually exclusive

This year sucked, not great coaching job (Purdue/Maryland) but excited for future

Agreed. I said as much in the post you quoted.

If this year's team played the 2015 team, I think the 2015 team would win by at least 2 TD's, if not more.

We've been told repeatedly that not all 9-win seasons are equal. Therefore, it stands to reason that not all 5-win seasons are equal.

And, FWIW, the 2015 team finished 6-7 with a win in a bowl game. the 2017 team has apparently finished 5-7 and has virtually no chance of playing in a bowl game. So, not entirely equal.

And if the 2015 would beat the 2017 team by 2 tds or more it shows how little talent the previous regime left over for the current regime.

Smokey Joe got his time. If this administration were in 1982, they would have given him a contract extension, too.

Yep. I agree. I voted "yes" in the poll asking if I agreed on the extension. Things will get better. PJ is still graded a D for this year in my book tho. I expect better from him and think everyone should too.

And if the 2015 would beat the 2017 team by 2 tds or more it shows how little talent the previous regime left over for the current regime.

So your position is that PJ did the best anyone could have with the players he had?

So your position is that PJ did the best anyone could have with the players he had?

Participation medals for everyone!

My position is the same as it was to begin the season regardless of the coach. I thought they would get to 6 wins maybe 7.

There was some disappointing performances. Can’t argue that. The Maryland and Purdue games had to get one of those and they didn’t.

Never thought this was as talented roster as some others did.

My position is the same as it was to begin the season regardless of the coach. I thought they would get to 6 wins maybe 7.

There was some disappointing performances. Can’t argue that. The Maryland and Purdue games had to get one of those and they didn’t.

Never thought this was as talented roster as some others.

You didn't answer my question. Do you feel PJ did as well as could be expected with this roster?

You didn't answer my question. Do you feel PJ did as well as could be expected with this roster?

I thought 6 wins. PJ missed by one game to what I expected given the roster.

So no I don’t think the season was quite the disaster you believe it was.

I thought 6 wins. PJ missed by one game to what I expected given the roster.

So no I don’t think the season was quite the disaster you believe it was.

Ok. Thanks. You were almost critical of PJ

Hey, I didn’t see the game. Did we win?

A season like this just happened in 2015. 5-7 season record with 2 conference wins.

Thanks for emphasis. Yay! We have never really been that good. I mock the NE fans for living in the past, but it was a past in my lifetime.

Here's the problem for PJ.
Minnesota is a socially modest, no nonsense, hard working community. Our most successful sports leaders, including Bud Grant and Tom Kelly, precisely reflected that ethic. While brashness, slick salesmanship and psychological manipulation, such as practiced byTim Brewster and David Kahn, created deep skepticism.
Here, you will be judged on what you do- plain and simple. So you may as well keep the slogans and pscho babble to yourself and the players. Believe me when I tell you- no one wants to hear it.

Minnesota is a socially modest, no nonsense, hard working community. Our most successful sports leaders, including Bud Grant and Tom Kelly, precisely reflected that ethic. While brashness, slick salesmanship and psychological manipulation, such as practiced byTim Brewster and David Kahn, created deep skepticism.
Here, you will be judged on what you do- plain and simple. So you may as well keep the slogans and pscho babble to yourself and the players. Believe me when I tell you- no one wants to hear it.
And when you are busy flapping your lips, you could be working hard at getting things done.

Every senior deserved the chance to play one last game after the outcome was no longer in doubt. A coach that preaches F.A.M.I.L.Y. and culture and every other silly cliche showed himself to be a blowhard, disingenuous fraud.

I believe PJ is a blowhard, but I just disagree on this issue. I just don’t think you’re owed anything when it comes to playing time at this level. Rhoda was asked back and given a great opportunity. He took advantage of it. He played a lot of actual important snaps in games that mattered for his hometown Division 1 team. He’ll get to have those memories forever. I just don’t think coming in to take some meaningless snaps and hand it off in a blowout loss would mean that much after that, especially when it looks like we had intention of throwing the ball.

Agreed

I believe PJ is a blowhard, but I just disagree on this issue. I just don’t think you’re owed anything when it comes to playing time at this level. Rhoda was asked back and given a great opportunity. He took advantage of it. He played a lot of actual important snaps in games that mattered for his hometown Division 1 team. He’ll get to have those memories forever. I just don’t think coming in to take some meaningless snaps and hand it off in a blowout loss would mean that much after that, especially when it looks like we had intention of throwing the ball.

I get what you are saying, and agree on the surface. The difference for me in this case is that it was a blowout and senior day. The seniors aren't "owed" anything, but they would likely have enjoyed playing some final snaps in their career in front of their families and the families would have enjoyed watching. They have put a lot of effort into this program for years and it would have been a nice gesture from PJ. And, as pointed out, would seem to fit his culture too.

I get what you are saying, and agree on the surface. The difference for me in this case is that it was a blowout and senior day. The seniors aren't "owed" anything, but they would likely have enjoyed playing some final snaps in their career in front of their families and the families would have enjoyed watching. They have put a lot of effort into this program for years and it would have been a nice gesture from PJ. And, as pointed out, would seem to fit his culture too.

It is pretty obvious he does not care about legacy players.

Good points

Is this fact or hope? They are really young and recruitment better than ever.

We bitch about our youth on offense. They had a freshman run for 150 on us. Their r-so qb went 15/19 and 3tds. 1 td went to a r-so te while all their wrs were fr or so. Don't forget they don't have one sr o-lineman. So yeah I suppose they could be worse next year.....at least I HOPE they are.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom