Scott Frost

The Huskers have their coach for the next 20 years. They will be a legit helmet school again in relatively short time. Brohm will succeed but not at that level. Fleck is our man and we would all be in love with him if we hadn't suffered through Brewster talk. The Gophers, Huskers, and Badgers will be slugging to out before long.

I think that Fleck and Frost are the two coaches that can beat the East in the Championship game. Right now Frost has a lot more talent to work with in Lincoln.

Agreed, but I think the smart money is on Chryst to get it done first. Even though we would all love the Badgers to fall apart... bottom line is that they are a fantastic program. They are also a fairly young team. They return almost everyone on offense and only loose a few on defense. Willing to bet they get another crack at OSU or whoever comes out of the east next year.

Agreed, but I think the smart money is on Chryst to get it done first. Even though we would all love the Badgers to fall apart... bottom line is that they are a fantastic program. They are also a fairly young team. They return almost everyone on offense and only loose a few on defense. Willing to bet they get another crack at OSU or whoever comes out of the east next year.
They do not win the west next year even if they are the best team. Brutal road schedule imo

Didn't realize they had to make the trip to Ann Arbor and Happy Valley. Yeesh...Guess time will tell.
Also much tougher to play Iowa and northwestern on the road. Probably both in top 4 in west next year.
@Purdue much tougher than @Illinois

Didn't realize they had to make the trip to Ann Arbor and Happy Valley. Yeesh...Guess time will tell.

7-2 might win the West next year. All west teams have pretty difficult schedules with 5 road conference games.

7-2 might win the West next year. All west teams have pretty difficult schedules with 5 road conference games.

Crossovers for the west next year:

Wisconsin: @Penn State, @Michigan, Rutgers
Iowa: @Penn State, @Indiana, Maryland
Northwestern: @Rutgers, @Michigan State, Michigan
Nebraska: @michigan, @ohio State, Michigan State (this is the worst imo)
Purdue: @Michigan State, @Indiana, Ohio State
Illinois: Penn State, @Rutgers, @Maryland (this is the most manageable, especially if Barkley goes pro)
Minnesota: @Maryland, @ohio State, Indiana

Crossovers for the west next year:

Wisconsin: @Penn State, @Michigan, Rutgers
Iowa: @Penn State, @Indiana, Maryland
Northwestern: @Rutgers, @Michigan State, Michigan
Nebraska: @michigan, @ohio State, Michigan State (this is the worst imo)
Purdue: @Michigan State, @Indiana, Ohio State
Illinois: Penn State, @Rutgers, @Maryland (this is the most manageable, especially if Barkley goes pro)
Minnesota: @Maryland, @ohio State, Indiana

I didn't realize they had all west teams playing on the road for two.

The Huskers have their coach for the next 20 years. They will be a legit helmet school again in relatively short time. Brohm will succeed but not at that level. Fleck is our man and we would all be in love with him if we hadn't suffered through Brewster talk. The Gophers, Huskers, and Badgers will be slugging to out before long.

I think that Fleck and Frost are the two coaches that can beat the East in the Championship game. Right now Frost has a lot more talent to work with in Lincoln.

I like your confidence but saying that these two for sure will be successful because of what they did at non P5 is no certain thing. Plenty of other "hot" coaches have flopped at other big schools. Also they do have direct flights to Lincoln...they even have uber there too.

I watched a lot of Nebraska games, it's easy to see the talent Lee has.

How is a QB that ran for 158 yards last year and 497 yards this year an integral part of the offense? It's more than Lee will run for, but it's not exactly a lot by college football standards.

Frost will make it work with Lee next year. He's not pedestrian, he's one of the beset QBs in the conference and will get a chance to play on Sundays.

The odds are good that Lee will enter the draft this year or possibly be a grad transfer. He hasn’t decided yet but he isn’t a fit for the Frost offense and would likely be a 5-7 round pick. He has the measurables and arm strength the NFL likes so someone will take a late round flyer on him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like your confidence but saying that these two for sure will be successful because of what they did at non P5 is no certain thing. Plenty of other "hot" coaches have flopped at other big schools. Also they do have direct flights to Lincoln...they even have uber there too.

Well that’s silly — every flight into Lincoln is a direct flight from the origin. They don’t make a pit stop in Sioux City ...

The odds are good that Lee will enter the draft this year or possibly be a grad transfer. He hasn’t decided yet but he isn’t a fit for the Frost offense and would likely be a 5-7 round pick. He has the measurables and arm strength the NFL likes so someone will take a late round flyer on him.

I could see that, but if he stays I still think Nebraska’s offense will be just fine. It’s their defense that’s the problem

I could see that, but if he stays I still think Nebraska’s offense will be just fine. It’s their defense that’s the problem

86th in scoring offense, 87th in total offense. Offense and defense were bad.

Well that’s silly — every flight into Lincoln is a direct flight from the origin. They don’t make a pit stop in Sioux City ...

Exactly...I was referencing this from another poster:

It's an additional flight or two to get to Lincoln.

Minneapolis you can fly right in and fly right back.

Flight, Uber ride to visit. Uber ride back, flight back home direct.

Other areas, Flight, another flight, rental car, drive through traffic. Park a car, etc... all that trouble. It's not worth it!

I would think it's a little easier to get recruits to visit Mpls than some of these other areas.

That post is valid. Flying to Mpls from Jacksonville, Tampa, Orlando ... those are all direct flights. Lincoln has limited service from ATL, MSP, Ohare, Denver.

Or you can fly into Omaha and drive. But not a fun drive in a winter storm. Like Mpls to Rochester.

Used to be in the old days you could fly recruits anywhere directly in private planes. That’s not allowed anymore.

We haven't perfected in-flight transfers yet.

It has to be that way. No other schedule would be balanced. It’s the same every other year.

Yup.
9 game conference schedule means nobody will have balanced home/road in conference. So they balance the division schedules.

Which is why a 10 team conference never has a balanced schedule if you play round robin.

Frost national coach of the year - will receive award Thursday night on the big D1 awards show sponsored by Home Depot. However, he has a brutal schedule next year at Nebraska, with road games at Northwestern, Ohio State, Michigan, Wisconsin and Iowa and with Michigan State at home, among others.

Take a look at this ridiculous schedule that Frost is maintaining in order to coach UCF in the bowl game and recruit as Nebraska's new head coach: http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...nth-coaching-nebraska-cornhuskers-ucf-knights

Really glad that PJ was able to focus on W Michigan's game last year, before becoming Minnesota's coach. Even if it "cost" us a worse off 2017 class.

Would’ve been a lot more manageable last year though due to later national signing day

I am going to have to disagree with you.

Guy threw 16 picks and had -97 rushing yards. He singlehandedly lost them the northern Illinois game in what was one of the worst seasons in Nebraska history. He Had big numbers in some games when Nebraska was getting beaten down. In games where at one point Nebraska was down 21 points or more he had 1500 yards and 12 touchdowns. Really good. I’m sure he wasn’t padding stats against teams playing vanilla defense and/or backup players.
He won’t even be their starting quarterback at the end of next year is my prediction. Average quarterback who happens to also be the wrong style for that offense.

Tanner Lee was so confident in Frost’s abilities to work with his skillset that he decided to go pro early rather than have huge numbers in Frost’s unstoppable offense.

Tanner Lee was so confident in Frost’s abilities to work with his skillset that he decided to go pro early rather than have huge numbers in Frost’s unstoppable offense.

Do you honestly believe Frost as coach had anything to do with him turning pro?

He was stuck...knew he'd be riding the pine. Very little chance he would have seen much action. So sit, transfer again, or declare.

He was stuck...knew he'd be riding the pine. Very little chance he would have seen much action. So sit, transfer again, or declare.

Just like Croft and Rhoda were guaranteed to be better than him this year right?? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Are you serious?

Yes there is a 100% correlation. Not saying frost is the only coach that would’ve made him leave, but hiring a coach that doesn’t fit his skill set at all definitely prompted him to not come back. If they hired a pro-style coach he’d still be there. The reason I brought it up was to point this out for the people mocking me when I said they don’t have a quarterback to run frost’s system and people started calling tanner lee a great quarterback.

Are you serious?

Yes there is a 100% correlation. Not saying frost is the only coach that would’ve made him leave, but hiring a coach that doesn’t fit his skill set at all definitely prompted him to not come back. If they hired a pro-style coach he’d still be there. The reason I brought it up was to point this out for the people mocking me when I said they don’t have a quarterback to run frost’s system and people started calling tanner lee a great quarterback.

Maybe. Let's see where Tanner Lee is drafted first. That will tell the story.

Just like Croft and Rhoda were guaranteed to be better than him this year right?? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Dog whistle. He helped Nebby to one less win than the Gophs this year, five fewer than Nebby last year, and it's worst season in 56 years.

Top Bottom