Scott Frost

Some Day...Maybe

Reaction score
Wow!!! That’s all. 0-12 to 11-0 in 2 year? Wow!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was a very entertaining game to watch.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

What was their record the year before he started? Did he pull a PJ, and ruin a nine win team so he'll look better three years later?

Florida has won national championships in the last ten years. Overcoming the likes of Alabama, Auburn, and now Georgia will be a tall task, but it can be done at a place like Florida.

Nebraska on the other hand will never win another national title. It might make the CFP once every 15 years. It’s the same thing as Iowa, now. But its fans and booster still think it’s 1997. They think they should be Alabama, and can’t figure out why they aren’t.

Why on earth would you want that, as an up and coming young HC??

What was their record the year before he started? Did he pull a PJ, and ruin a nine win team so he'll look better three years later?

George O'Leary went 0-12 the year prior and then was fired. Frost came in and went 6-7 and now is undefeated this season through conference play.

George O'Leary went 0-12 the year prior and then was fired. Frost came in and went 6-7 and now is undefeated this season through conference play.

The 0-12 was a little flukey. Not sure if O'Leary just mailed it in or what. They won 9, 12, and 10 the 3 years prior to that.

I'll be darned. That is a REAL 0-12 to 12-0 story if it was the previous coach that didn't win a game.

Any chance Frost went 6-7 on purpose to make this year look better?

I wonder if the UCF message boards had people calling for his head after a 7 loss season in his first year

I wonder if the UCF message boards had people calling for his head after a 7 loss season in his first year

A. Please cite a single instance of anyone on this board calling for Fleck to be fired after this season.

A. A seven-loss season (including a bowl appearance) following a twelve-loss season is just a little bit different than a seven-loss season (with no bowl appearance) following a four-loss season. I'm surprised you didn't know that.

Any chance Frost went 6-7 on purpose to make this year look better?

Hilarious and insane. They went from 0-12 to 6-7 in Frost's first year. Nobody down there was upset with Frost's initial season.

O'Leary must have left him a massive number of 4 and 5 star players..

Hilarious and insane. They went from 0-12 to 6-7 in Frost's first year. Nobody down there was upset with Frost's initial season.

O'Leary must have left him a massive number of 4 and 5 star players..

They have the most talent in their conference

I'm happy for Scott Frost.

Hope he goes anywhere but Nebraska.

QUOTE=Iceland12;1476677]Hilarious and insane. They went from 0-12 to 6-7 in Frost's first year. Nobody down there was upset with Frost's initial season.

O'Leary must have left him a massive number of 4 and 5 star players.
.[/QUOTE]

They have the most talent in their conference

When they went from 0-12 to 6-7? That's pretty doubtful and what the post was talking about. :rolleyes:

To paraphrase yourself, you should try adding to the discussion sometime rather than always trying to obfuscate it...

When they went from 0-12 to 6-7? That's pretty doubtful and what the post was talking about. :rolleyes:

To paraphrase yourself, you should try adding to the discussion sometime rather than always trying to obfuscate it...

They were 4th, 4th, and 1st. As I said earlier in this post, the 0-12 was a bit flukey and a massive underachievement. That's when coaches get fired. UCF also won 9, 12, and 10 before the 0-12 season. They had talent then, and they still do now.

They were 4th, 4th, and 1st. As I said earlier in this post, the 0-12 was a bit flukey and a massive underachievement. That's when coaches get fired. UCF also won 9, 12, and 10 before the 0-12 season. They had talent then, and they still do now.

53rd most talented in the country. How many draftable seniors? Any JUCOs?

Nebraska could have had Frost instead of Riley if anyone in Lincoln had any real vision. Too busy looking back at the nineties.

Florida has won national championships in the last ten years. Overcoming the likes of Alabama, Auburn, and now Georgia will be a tall task, but it can be done at a place like Florida.

Nebraska on the other hand will never win another national title. It might make the CFP once every 15 years. It’s the same thing as Iowa, now. But its fans and booster still think it’s 1997. They think they should be Alabama, and can’t figure out why they aren’t.

If this is your honest take about these schools, then you must think the Gophers have no chance in h3ll of ever making the CFP.

They probably would have fired him if he went 9-4 with an improbable bowl victory...

If this is your honest take about these schools, then you must think the Gophers have no chance in h3ll of ever making the CFP.

My honest opinion is that Minnesota's ceiling is probably like Iowa's and Wisconsin's. If those two states/schools can do what they've done, then so can Minnesota.

That means, in all honesty, having a season like Iowa's 2015 or like Wisconsin's 2017 at least once every 10-15 years.

That would be success, in my opinion. Sorry if that's a low bar. Hey, I'll take more than that too! :D

A. Please cite a single instance of anyone on this board calling for Fleck to be fired after this season.

A. A seven-loss season (including a bowl appearance) following a twelve-loss season is just a little bit different than a seven-loss season (with no bowl appearance) following a four-loss season. I'm surprised you didn't know that.

Bump

Nebraska on the other hand will never win another national title. It might make the CFP once every 15 years. It’s the same thing as Iowa, now. But its fans and booster still think it’s 1997. They think they should be Alabama, and can’t figure out why they aren’t.t

This made me laugh, what about Gopher fans? Most of us want what happened 50 years ago. No different. Nebby is committed to football from the top down. If they get the right coach they can return to power. They probably won't be like in years past, but they for sure can be in the mix here and there.

True. Attended the NW game at Lincoln. Don’t get me wrong, NB is “worse than MN bad” right now (which is hard to do), but, that’s ALL there is in Lincoln. Period. They have unbelievable facilities, fan interest, etc. the bottom line is; they won’t remain bad - not with that infrastructure. They will get substantially better sooner rather than later. We, on the other hand, appear to be stuck with The Mouse That Roared. We are now down to the last of the most weakest of rationales: “we have to be awful three years, BUT then we will be soooo good - that’s what Pitino did”. Apples and oranges and entirely different sports. Good luck if that’s our hope.

Not sure what your point is?

Yes, going from 0 wins to 6 is better than going from 9 to 5.
If Frost is the gophers coach does minnesota increase our win total by 6 his first year? Do we win 14 this year?

What point are you trying to make?

Please...for the last time...Claeys and the past staff would have been very unlikely to repeat another 9 win season this year without any experience at QB, and with some of the critical players who got hurt for long stretches. Nick Saban would have been hard pressed to coax 9 wins from Rhoda/Croft and the cast around them.

It's not as if Fleck took the exact same team from the prior year and made it suck against the same opponents. Let's stop indicating that's entirely what happened.

You are probably right. The problem for Fleck is he came in here like a bull in a china shop and talked, talked, talked and talked. There are serious challenges here - all his jumping around like a fart in a frying pan and empty suit “talk” can make this place a laughingstock and damage us badly - if it hasn’t already. That’s why many people are upset - your point is well taken (TC got 9 games by a incredibly easy schedule, beating nobody any good, and with tinfoil and bubblegum), but PJ brought this scrutiny on himself. You do that kind of stuff, and this is one of the drawbacks.

This made me laugh, what about Gopher fans? Most of us want what happened 50 years ago. No different. Nebby is committed to football from the top down. If they get the right coach they can return to power. They probably won't be like in years past, but they for sure can be in the mix here and there.

They can do what Iowa and Wisconsin do: a nationally competitive, top 5 ranked season once every 10-15 years. That should be the new expectation in Lincoln.

But they think that should be every year. Which is absurd and ridiculous.

True. Attended the NW game at Lincoln. Don’t get me wrong, NB is “worse than MN bad” right now (which is hard to do), but, that’s ALL there is in Lincoln. Period. They have unbelievable facilities, fan interest, etc. the bottom line is; they won’t remain bad - not with that infrastructure. They will get substantially better sooner rather than later. We, on the other hand, appear to be stuck with The Mouse That Roared. We are now down to the last of the most weakest of rationales: “we have to be awful three years, BUT then we will be soooo good - that’s what Pitino did”. Apples and oranges and entirely different sports. Good luck if that’s our hope.

Of course they'll get substantially better than a four or five win season. But their fans need to recalibrate to that being a nine win season and the Citrus Bowl, and accept that as a great season.

They're never, ever going to return to the era of the late 90's, with 10-11 win seasons every year in and year out.

Top Bottom