***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA VS UMASS IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

Oh....and TIM DOYLE. Big get.

Seriously though.....he's familiar with the Gophers and has always been a pretty good commentator.
I actually like Doyle.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I like Doyle...he is like a midwest Dick Vitale but without the coach K man crush

Does anyone recall if Hurt’s minutes in the first half were with Lynch? Just curious to see what his role may be moving forward

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hope that cell coverage is good at the bank tomorrow. It would be nice to stream the game on my smartphone.....which appears to work well.

Hope that cell coverage is good at the bank tomorrow. It would be nice to stream the game on my smartphone.....which appears to work well.

It used to be brutal. I think it's gotten better but if it's a sell out it gets overwhelmed.

Can we play Gas? Konate is beyond worthless...why the ever let him hedge on pick and roll is mind blowing, he can't recover

It used to be brutal. I think it's gotten better but if it's a sell out it gets overwhelmed.
Yeah it's way better than it was....but I have major doubts that I'll be able to steam video. I'll give it a shot anyways.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Pretty sure we just witnessed sexual harassment with that minuteman comment

I am sensing in this game that Washington is getting a little too tunneled vision. Consistent possessions he's driving the ball into situations where he doesn't have good dish options. I think at the start of the season he was really good being patient and seeing play opportunities before he get's too committed when driving. Maybe he's trying a little too hard being in his home state??? I'm sure a lot of people he knows are there watching.

Team looks strong again. Excited for the game tomorrow

No idea why they scheduled the game during the Iron Bowl and Battle for the Axe

Can we play Gas? Konate is beyond worthless...why the ever let him hedge on pick and roll is mind blowing, he can't recover

As bad as Konate is, he is quite a bit better than Gas.

Damn, writing that comment made me miss Curry.

Does anyone recall if Hurt’s minutes in the first half were with Lynch? Just curious to see what his role may be moving forward

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is just off the top of my head, but I think most of his minutes were with Lynch.

This is just off the top of my head, but I think most of his minutes were with Lynch.

Hurt got most of his minutes the first half when Coffey was out with fouls.. So he was playing SF (the 3 position)

As bad as Konate is, he is quite a bit better than Gas.

Damn, writing that comment made me miss Curry.
Yeah I remember signing both and hoping they be like gorgi.

That was not how it worked out

Washington looked bad today. I think the adjustment isn't just tough for Washington. Our players have to adjust to his style of play, which I think explains his frustration on the court. Our guys aren't prepared for his passes, like that alley-oop attempt to Konate at the end of the game.

Washington just needs to start hitting his outside shots. That will get his confidence going.

Washington looked bad today. I think the adjustment isn't just tough for Washington. Our players have to adjust to his style of play, which I think explains his frustration on the court. Our guys aren't prepared for his passes, like that alley-oop attempt to Konate at the end of the game.

Washington just needs to start hitting his outside shots. That will get his confidence going.

Washington didn't look great, but I think you make a really good point. I like his game a lot and I think it will be interesting to see him play with more shooters around him (Hurt, Harris, Coffey).

How did Hurt play today? Anyone that stuck out? At work and I didn't even realize that they were on this early, I was planning on streaming it. Regardless it looks like a nice win and I'm glad it sound like we got after it early. It seems like we having been lacking a spark early in the first half and early in the second half as well.

Washington didn't look great, but I think you make a really good point. I like his game a lot and I think it will be interesting to see him play with more shooters around him (Hurt, Harris, Coffey).

Washington looks more comfortable with the ball than any gophers freshmen post Haskins.
I am excited for his development. He is learning what his limitations are at this level.

How did Hurt play today? Anyone that stuck out? At work and I didn't even realize that they were on this early, I was planning on streaming it. Regardless it looks like a nice win and I'm glad it sound like we got after it early. It seems like we having been lacking a spark early in the first half and early in the second half as well.

No one really stuck out. With how early of a game it was they kinda slept walked through it in truth. Hurt was solid...hit a catch and shoot 3 which was nice to see and played good defense. Other than that they just did what they had to.

Best defensive effort of the year. We held them to 31% from the floor!

This team knows how to turn it on and off when they need to. Once they were up big in the 1st half, they knew the game was over. They pretty much coasted the rest of the way which led to sloppy play at times. Not much different than the earlier games when they knew the outcome was never in doubt.

I'm excited to see a highly competitive game between two top 25 teams tomorrow.

Washington looks more comfortable with the ball than any gophers freshmen post Haskins.
I am excited for his development. He is learning what his limitations are at this level.

Al Nolen was comfortable day one as a freshman. I think Washington is flashier, but Nolen was rock solid and better defensively.

Washington will be just fine, but I’m a little worried about PG depth going into next year.

Al Nolen was comfortable day one as a freshman. I think Washington is flashier, but Nolen was rock solid and better defensively.

Washington will be just fine, but I’m a little worried about PG depth going into next year.

I thought Mason looked better as a freshman too...

I think we'll see McBrayer play the backup point next year, which should be fine. McBrayer has gotten a lot better at handling the ball

Coffey picked up two early fouls in the first half and sat, so Hurt played a lot of minutes at the 3.

The Gophers put the game away with a beautiful 5 minute spurt at the end of the first half, turning a close game into a 20 point halftime lead, and other than that the game was extremely sloppy and you didn't miss anything.

He had a couple ugly turnovers right after he came in. Did hit a three. Other than that....he really didn't stick out.

I strongly disagree with your analysis of al nolen

Top Bottom