Gophers offensive coordinator Kirk Ciarrocca plots against rugged Badgers defense

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Randy:

Last January, Kirk Ciarrocca faced a formidable challenge. He had to find a way to deal with Wisconsin’s defense. As Western Michigan’s offensive coordinator at the time, he had mixed results, with his upstart Broncos falling 24-16 to the Badgers in the Cotton Bowl.

Nearly 11 months later, Ciarrocca has a similar challenge with the Gophers, who face No. 5 Wisconsin and its lock-down defense on Saturday afternoon at TCF Bank Stadium.

“That was a good defense, a really good defense, but this is a better defense,” Ciarrocca said, comparing the 2016 and ’17 versions. “Their coverage is better, their interior defensive linemen are better and their linebackers have always been great.”

http://www.startribune.com/gophers-...ots-against-rugged-badgers-defense/459631673/

Go Gophers!!

Let's run inside zone over and over. That should work.

Time to break out the Flea-Flicker. Perfect for a defense like WI. 10-12, minimum. Keep them guessing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Time to break out the Flea-Flicker. Perfect for a defense like WI. 10-12, minimum. Keep them guessing.

I think they need to run it back-to-back. I don't think I've ever seen the flea-flicker run back-to-back before. They'll never suspect it.

Don't forget the wildcat.

I like this. They just need to make sure they leave Demry in the backfield as well to be Rodney's lead blocker. Good Stuff there.

I think they need to run it back-to-back. I don't think I've ever seen the flea-flicker run back-to-back before. They'll never suspect it.
Why stop at two?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I have attained spy footage of what Kirk has in store for the badgers.

Classic. Loved them since I was a kid - thanks. This sort of summarizes things.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/sU5napbfv_o" frameborder="0" gesture="media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

LOL! I love the Three Stooges. :D

We're all poking fun at Kirk and he's going to make us all feel pretty foolish by Saturday night after he calls a masterful game to upset Wisconsin.

I will give Kirk this, they moved the ball okay (but just okay) against the Badgers last year running an offense that is extremely similar to what they're running here. The difference is that we don't have the QB or receivers to do that.

They had the same offensive yardage...

Difference is we had 90 net yards and 0 points after halftime. An exciting first half gave way to a horrific second. Some stats (cover your eyes):

Mitch Leidner was 2 of 14 with 4 interceptions after halftime. That includes an 0-12 stretch with 4 interceptions. Sorry.

WMU vs WI scored 9 points in the second half, held WI to 7 points, and only had one turnover (interception). Of course it was a letdown bowl game for the Badgers so not sure how much to take away.

I will give Kirk this, they moved the ball okay (but just okay) against the Badgers last year running an offense that is extremely similar to what they're running here. The difference is that we don't have the QB or receivers to do that.

Yeah, it's too bad we don't have MAC level players.

Or the offensive line, we do have the running backs. We are also missing the DEs, and DBs on the other side of the ball, but those are just details.

Or the offensive line, we do have the running backs. We are also missing the DEs, and DBs on the other side of the ball, but those are just details.

What would make you think WMU was so much more talented last year than we are this year. We beat the same common opponents and lost to the same common opponent last year.

What would make you think WMU was so much more talented last year than we are this year. We beat the same common opponents and lost to the same common opponent last year.

The Gophers are significantly worse than last year.

The Gophers are significantly worse than last year.

Well, PJ should have recruited better for this year. He only had a month tho so I don't hold it against him. You shouldn't either.

Top Bottom