WKOW: Connelly has "chip on his shoulder" against Minnesota

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per WKOW:

No. 5 Wisconsin heads to Minnesota this weekend to close out the regular season. The Badgers hope to retain "The Axe" for the 14th straight year.

One of the leaders of the team's defense, junior linebacker Ryan Connelly, is from Minnesota. He hails from Eden Prairie, which is about 20 minutes from the University of Minnesota. However, Connelly says the Gophers didn't recruit him.

"[This game] means a lot," said Connelly. "You know, I carry this chip on my shoulder. They never wanted me. [My high school team] won a couple state titles underneath their nose and it didn't really matter. But, hey, I'm at Wisconsin now. I'm having a great time, so I can't wait to play them on Saturday."

The Gophers' loss is the Badgers gain - Connelly leads the team in tackles this season.

http://www.wkow.com/story/36915819/2017/11/23/connelly-has-chip-on-his-shoulder-against-minnesota

Go Gophers!!

I'm guessing he could have walked on here if he wanted, just like he walked on at Wisconsin.

any MN kid that goes to Wisconsin is lying through his teeth with the 'they didn't want me' nonsense. If you wanted to be a Gopher there's no way you would be willing to go to Wisconsin.

Cool. I have a new least favorite Badger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is a lie he is telling himself as motivation.

Reality is he chose Wisconsin over Minnesota. Not many MN guys do nowadays. But he did.
Truth is, the Minnesota guys playing for Minnesota should be the ones playing with the chip on their shoulder. He knows it.

Cool. I have a new least favorite Badger.

Mine is Cichy. Right after his ejection for targeting at TCF two years ago. Only a d-bag raises his arms in the air like that after blindsiding a player.

Mine is Cichy. Right after his ejection for targeting at TCF two years ago. Only a d-bag raises his arms in the air like that after blindsiding a player.

Summarizes the Badger program. They always seem to have at least one ******bag. The guy that took a dive at Nelson's knee ended up leaving the NFL over concussion worries IIRC.

There is no love lost between these 2 teams and fan bases. We don't like you and you don't like us. This isn't a rivalry though. We OWN you. It is not cocky when you back it up and it is truth. So save your butthurt whining Minny fans.

We like PJ. Got to know him well when we crushed his little Pom Pon waving heart in the Cotton Bowl last season. Wish him well up in little Minny. Will keep him around a few years to beat up on. Then kick him on down the line like the long list of Minny HC's souls we crushed and sent packing. Yes we will take it easy on the little fella tomorrow. Not too bad a beat down. Just a beat down. This game just a tune up for the B1G Champ game. As always we have bigger fish to fry than little Minny-Sota

The Axe is the best trophy in college football. We are proud owners of it. This is a business trip. The Axe never leaves MadTown except to bring up to the game every other year.

So as our Seniors chop the goal posts Saturday night...just remember Daddy loves you little Minny-Sota Gomers.

#OnWisconsin! #WeOwn #12-0By6pmSaturday

Nice. I feel so violated :rolleyes:

We're down, you're up. We get it. Troll on, kid.

Summarizes the Badger program. They always seem to have at least one ******bag. The guy that took a dive at Nelson's knee ended up leaving the NFL over concussion worries IIRC.

Envy and jealousy crybaby stuff. You'd take the Badgers success and culture over ours in a heartbeat.

Envy and jealousy crybaby stuff. You'd take the Badgers success and culture over ours in a heartbeat.

That's a different argument, but sure. It doesn't invalidate some of their players have been asshats over the years.

?

That's a different argument, but sure. It doesn't invalidate some of their players have been asshats over the years.

?

IALTO. Funny, successful programs always have a higher percentage of A-holes on them don't they?

There is no love lost between these 2 teams and fan bases. We don't like you and you don't like us. This isn't a rivalry though. We OWN you. It is not cocky when you back it up and it is truth. So save your butthurt whining Minny fans.

We like PJ. Got to know him well when we crushed his little Pom Pon waving heart in the Cotton Bowl last season. Wish him well up in little Minny. Will keep him around a few years to beat up on. Then kick him on down the line like the long list of Minny HC's souls we crushed and sent packing. Yes we will take it easy on the little fella tomorrow. Not too bad a beat down. Just a beat down. This game just a tune up for the B1G Champ game. As always we have bigger fish to fry than little Minny-Sota

The Axe is the best trophy in college football. We are proud owners of it. This is a business trip. The Axe never leaves MadTown except to bring up to the game every other year.

So as our Seniors chop the goal posts Saturday night...just remember Daddy loves you little Minny-Sota Gomers.

What position do you play?

I think any kid that didn't get a scholarship offer from his hometown school who then went on to find a lot of success would have a chip on their shoulder.

He earned the chip on his shoulder, we missed on him (so did everyone else), but we certainly missed on him. I'm sure Botticelli felt the same way towards the Badgers.

As far as the Badger fan with the weird tough guy post, congrats on all of your wins!

This is a lie he is telling himself as motivation.

Is it even that? I kinda doubt he actually feels that way.

More likely, this was a bit of a coerced soundbyte by the reporter, because they knew it would read great in print.

The actual interview probably went more like this:

"So you went to Wisconsin, instead of Minnesota?"
"Yeah, that's right."
"So you would say that Wisconsin recruited you, but Minnesota did not recruit you?"
".... well, I don't know about that. I mean, neither really recruited me .... I chose to walk-on at Wisconsin, by my own choice."
"So you're saying that Minnesota did not, in fact, recruit you."
" .... I guess that's true, they didn't."
" I bet that must have just put a huge chip on your shoulder, to beat Minnesota!"
" ...... well .... I don't know ..... I guess?"
"GREAT! Thanks for the interview! I have what I need."

Is it even that? I kinda doubt he actually feels that way.

More likely, this was a bit of a coerced soundbyte by the reporter, because they knew it would read great in print.

The actual interview probably went more like this:

"So you went to Wisconsin, instead of Minnesota?"
"Yeah, that's right."
"So you would say that Wisconsin recruited you, but Minnesota did not recruit you?"
".... well, I don't know about that. I mean, neither really recruited me .... I chose to walk-on at Wisconsin, by my own choice."
"So you're saying that Minnesota did not, in fact, recruit you."
" .... I guess that's true, they didn't."
" I bet that must have just put a huge chip on your shoulder, to beat Minnesota!"
" ...... well .... I don't know ..... I guess?"
"GREAT! Thanks for the interview! I have what I need."

Are you related to him or what... there is no way in hell that the interview went that way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Funny how the Badgers had to go 20-2 against us to get series back to 59-59-8.

Big talk internet tough guy. Like you have anything to so with the Bucky posers success besides drinking a beer or two and cutting a fart inside Camp Randall. Nobody wants the mAnagers in the playoffs because your weak sauce QB will stink up the game.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

per WKOW:

No. 5 Wisconsin heads to Minnesota this weekend to close out the regular season. The Badgers hope to retain "The Axe" for the 14th straight year.

One of the leaders of the team's defense, junior linebacker Ryan Connelly, is from Minnesota. He hails from Eden Prairie, which is about 20 minutes from the University of Minnesota. However, Connelly says the Gophers didn't recruit him.

"[This game] means a lot," said Connelly. "You know, I carry this chip on my shoulder. They never wanted me. [My high school team] won a couple state titles underneath their nose and it didn't really matter. But, hey, I'm at Wisconsin now. I'm having a great time, so I can't wait to play them on Saturday."

The Gophers' loss is the Badgers gain - Connelly leads the team in tackles this season.

http://www.wkow.com/story/36915819/2017/11/23/connelly-has-chip-on-his-shoulder-against-minnesota

Go Gophers!!

Have fun finding a job in the pit of a state called Wisconsin. Hopefully nobody from Minnesota hires you.

IALTO. Funny, successful programs always have a higher percentage of A-holes on them don't they?

Funny, I don't seem to hear much about A-holes from Michigan or Ohio State. They are the real powers of the Big Ten, yet they can keep from being A-holes.

What a thrashing...I watched you guys get tamed last year in Indy and while you will best us tomorrow and apparently every year going forward, I will be there in Indy again this year to watch your wet dreams of the playoffs turn to tears. Congratulations on being at least 11-1, probably 12-0 in the regular season and not too sorry to watch Buckeyes throttle you.

Hey Les, can't we focus on the kid who has a chip on his shoulder because MN didn't recruit him so he went to Wisconsin where they didn't recruit him either. Just think of how many programs that kid must be mad at.

I get a kick out of people who take the time to set up a profile and write a bunch of stuff about how irrelevant someone else is. I usually don't spend so much time on things I feel are irrelevant.

LOL. I love it when people live variously through teens. "We this, we that" SAD!

Top Bottom