More Maroon or Red?

Gopherholefan

Reaction score
Will there be more maroon than red in the crowd on Saturday? I’m starting to think there will be more red as the ticket sites have more tickets listed than usual. Obviously I don’t know who is buying the tickets, but my guess would be not gopher fans.

Yep, going to be a lot of red. They have a lot riding on this game and even more on the next one. Good for them I guess. Although I'm sure their always classy fan wii be like, "hey look at that guy who stepped in dog crap! Let's push him into it to make it worse, ha ha!"

This is a stupid question. There will obviously be more gopher fans there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

More Gopher fans of course, but more vocal Badger fans.

Well, they're undefeated. That's a magic season. How many times has any Big Ten team been undefeated after Thanksgiving?

This will be the reddest crowd of the five games that have been at TCF
I know people who hate sports that are amped-up about the Badgers National Championship run this year.

Talk of a badger fan takeover of TCF have been comically exaggerated in the last decade. NE, IA, even NDSU drew way more fans to TCF. This weekend will be different. This will definitely be the biggest % of opposing fans TCF ever sees. Badger bandwagon jumpers are crawling out of every corner in the Midwest right now.

Stupid red wearing nerds will take over the place.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

I will be there dressed in gold. The drunken skunks will be all sauced up by 2:30. An already ugly fan base could get nasty. This could be the one time where I text to report obnoxious behavior. I could even make a game of it to see how many skunks I can get thrown out of the game.

Go Gophers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will be there dressed in gold. The drunken skunks will be all sauced up by 2:30. An already ugly fan base could get nasty. This could be the one time where I text to report obnoxious behavior. I could even make a game of it to see how many skunks I can get thrown out of the game.

Go Gophers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This! I like this idea! Please report back on how this goes

That had been my favorite activity the past few match ups with the Drunks.

Hearing reports of 25,000+ at this point. Seems like all the peripheral Badgers that I know found a way to snatch a ticket and drag along a handful of their degenerate Wisky friends.

Will be a sad sight in TCF history tomorrow...:banghead:

Hearing reports of 25,000+ at this point. Seems like all the peripheral Badgers that I know found a way to snatch a ticket and drag along a handful of their degenerate Wisky friends.

Will be a sad sight in TCF history tomorrow...:banghead:

Given the Gophs season, there were plenty of tickets to be had.

Last time a crowd took over my beloved teams home stadium I witnessed live the goal posts being torn down by a bunch of "Kinnick North" t shirt wearing bastards! The debacle in the stall was in my section! I'm still scarred! I won't be attending live this time but will be watching on the tv.

With all the secondary market tickets available, Bucky hasn’t had to buy many tickets directly from the U. Just spot-checking some sections, it looks like the game will be far short of a sellout. Section 207, for instance, is largely unsold.

I'm not sure the reason, but the numbers of Iowa, Nebraska, and Wisconsin fans coming to Minnesota for games, whether from out of state or as alums/fans in the area, have visibly dropped for a while now. We have never endured the Hawkeyes, Cornhuskers or Badgers taking over TCF Bank Stadium as often happened at the Dome. Yet in this day and age of internet sales and E-tickets, it should be easier than ever. I'm not complaining! Not at all! However, Wisconsin has been good annually for a while, Iowa has had some lows but also some big highs, and Nebraska has been sliding but had the legacy to withstand the falling interest that disappointing seasons can cause. So why has anyone who wanted a seat on game day been able to buy one easily for these games in recent years with large numbers of visibly empty seats during games?

I wouldn't be surprised if it were 60/40 Gophers.

Keep in mind it's deer hunting season in Wisconsin, so that would lower it a ton.

But also, the Packers are horrible this year, so football fans may feel the need to travel here to watch the game.

Top Bottom