Sporting News: Michigan, Jim Harbaugh working on 'lifetime contract,' report says

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per the Sporting News:

Michigan and football coach Jim Harbaugh are working toward a lifetime contract, Fox Sports analyst Brady Quinn said Tuesday on Fox Sports Radio.

A lifetime deal between a coach and a college football program would be unprecedented in the sport, according to FootballScoop.com.

“I talked to someone who’s kind of an insider within that program, and we had a long, drawn-out conversation,” Quinn said. “What he told me was that they’re working on a lifetime contract. I swear to you, that was his words.

“I kind of pressed him on it and said, ‘Really?! A lifetime deal? What would that even look like?’ He couldn’t give me the particulars, but he said that’s one of the things they are talking about. That’s how confident, that’s how good they feel about Jim Harbaugh and how glad they are to have him there. So maybe that’s something Harbaugh wants.”

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-fo...n-fox-sports-radio/1lgfmyv7jcg661j3lnuu1sr0xl

Go Gophers!!

That would be really interesting. How will they negotiate the terms? Can the contract be updated in the future? If so, will there be a negotiated time limit before re-negotiation of terms can happen? What do the buyout terms look like?

Lol. Reminds me of when Mike Shanahan was named "coach for life" with the Broncos after winning back-to-back Super Bowls. Didn't stop him from getting fired eventually.

It will provide a nice buffer for him when he winds up with .167 win percentage against MSU and OSU five years from now.

Top Bottom