Student ticket

MNHerb

Reaction score
I was wondering if a student ticket for football can be used by anyone or does it have to be used by a student? I saw some on Stubhub and a friend wants them.

Well, with a busy game they MAY ask to see a student ID, but I was able to use one for homecoming and no one batted an eye (though I graduated this past May, so I still look the part, and I had my old student ID just in case)

Is that an actual requirement to get in? These people are 50 and we did buy the tickets based on the first response above.

Well, with a busy game they MAY ask to see a student ID, but I was able to use one for homecoming and no one batted an eye (though I graduated this past May, so I still look the part, and I had my old student ID just in case)

If it’s a student guest pass you don’t need one. And I’ve had zero problem with getting in without a student ticket and no ID shown multiple times before, same for my older 40 year old brother and his friends.

If it’s a student guest pass you don’t need one. And I’ve had zero problem with getting in without a student ticket and no ID shown multiple times before, same for my older 40 year old brother and his friends.

Right. I was going off of student ticket, not student guest pass. I've only done the student ticket stuff once though, and they didn't ask to see a thing. From what I hear from people I know they are pretty lax, even heard a story that a badger student bought tickets, was asked to show a student ID and showed his UW one and they let him in.

So it is probably not going to be an issue.

Quite a difference compared to the first couple years in TCF when, if my memory serves me, they didn't allow guest passes and waterboarded kids to get them to break and confess they weren't students.

Quite a difference compared to the first couple years in TCF when, if my memory serves me, they didn't allow guest passes and waterboarded kids to get them to break and confess they weren't students.

Yep, that's when many students thought they could buy student season tickets and then sell off the Iowa and Wisconsin games and make a tidy profit. Maybe they had no intention of going to games period. Not so surprisingly when the U, at the urging of regular season ticket holders, put the kibosh on their plans, sales of Student Tickets took a big tumble.

Right, but such a scenario only works when the stadium is sold out. We know that is not the case these days.

I really wouldn't worry too much about it. The people who are running the security line just don't have time to mess around .... if the ticket barcode scans as a legit ticket, you'll probably be waved through no questions asked.

Top Bottom