Next 7 games

UpAndUnder43

Reaction score
This appears to be one of the more important stretches the Gophers will face this season. A couple ranked teams, some neutral site/road games against power 5 teams and a pair of early season B1G games that will set the tone for the season.

I can't speak about UMASS much, but they look fairly weak (only beat Western Carolina by 9). This game is being played in a 2000 person "arena" makes me nervous but I expect a nice win.

Alabama looks tough. They beat a traditionally strong UT-Arlington team in a close one, beat Memphis, are ranked #25, are 4-0 and beat AAMU in similar fashion as the Gophers. Neutral site makes this interesting.

Miami (FL) will be a marquee game and could look great on the resume come March. Their early season schedule looks pretty weak so hopefully they won't be prepared for the Gophers. (Note: If you're attending the game, this is a GOLD OUT). Miami is currently #11 in the polls.

Rutgers is undefeated but also have not played anyone. I think the Gophers roll at home but its huge to start the conference out well.

@ Nebraska may be a tricky game. The 3-1 Huskers took it on the chin @ St John's but I hesitate to write-off B1G road games.

@ Arkansas has the Gophers playing another early season road game. Much different than last year where they didn't leave the comfort of The Barn for a true away game until 11/28, then not again until 1/1. Arkansas is also 3-0 and has been better lately. Could be a nice away win against a Power 5 team

To end the stretch, the Gophers host Drake. Drake beat Wake Forest and took Colorado to the wire, losing by 5 @ what I believe was a neutral site. This and Harvard are the best of the mid-majors, it looks like, so a win here would be nice.

IF the Gophers survive this stretch unscathed, they'll be 12-0. With 3 non-conference home games followed by a pair of B1G home games (Illinois, Indiana), the Gophers would be set up for a VERY nice record 17 games into the season.

I agree - don't sleep on Drake. Niko Medved has them much improved.

I have seen this claim twice now, that the game is in a 2000 seat arena. Isn't the game in the Barclays Center which its the Nets 17k seat arena?

I have seen this claim twice now, that the game is in a 2000 seat arena. Isn't the game in the Barclays Center which its the Nets 17k seat arena?

Regardless, quite excited for the game against Sexton and Petty
!

The Barclays Classic doesn’t have priority at the Barclays Center. The game vs Umass was moved to LIU Brooklyn, which seats around 2000

Miami (FL) will be a marquee game and could look great on the resume come March. Their early season schedule looks pretty weak so hopefully they won't be prepared for the Gophers. (Note: If you're attending the game, this is a GOLD OUT). Miami is currently #11 in the polls.
Unfortunately, our "color" out games rarely succeed in their goal, particularly a "GoldOut." Our fans are not very compliant in following the directions, and many of our fans don't think they "look good" in gold.

Unfortunately, our "color" out games rarely succeed in their goal, particularly a "GoldOut." Our fans are not very compliant in following the directions, and many of our fans don't think they "look good" in gold.

Also I bought tickets to the game and if I hadn’t looked on gopherhole I would have had no idea it was a gold out.

Is that the fans fault or the planners fault?

Also I bought tickets to the game and if I hadn’t looked on gopherhole I would have had no idea it was a gold out.

Is that the fans fault or the planners fault?

Planners. I only know because I was at the Gophers vs AAUM slaughter.

Very tough stretch of games. Hopefully we won’t lose more than 1-2 games out of 7. 5-2 we would be fine. Can’t be worse than that Umass is solid.

Take a look at Purdue’s next 4 after dropping the last 2. Nothing guaranteed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom