National Championship Games

Denver_Gopher

Reaction score
When you look at the CFP Championship game locations, the B1G is getting screwed and, to a lesser degree, so is the ACC. Why couldn't they rotate them where each 5 years and have the game played in the footprint of each of the Power 5 conferences? Obviously, there are plenty of places to play in the warmer climates for the Big 12, PAC 12 and SEC, but there are also places for the B1G (Minneapolis, Detroit and Indianapolis) and the ACC (Atlanta, Charlotte and Jacksonville).

Well, 2018 is Atlanta, 2022 is in Indianapolis. I would like to see it in more northern locations, and Minneapolis did put in a bid but got shot down, probably because we have the Super Bowl and Final Four in the next couple years.

Well, 2018 is Atlanta, 2022 is in Indianapolis. I would like to see it in more northern locations, and Minneapolis did put in a bid but got shot down, probably because we have the Super Bowl and Final Four in the next couple years.

I think it had more to do with attractiveness to fans. They are more likely to draw a higher number of fans to somewhere warm than they are to Minneapolis that time of year regardless of whether the game is played indoors or out. People immediately think cold and snow when they think about Minnesota that time of year but not as much for other places such as Indianapolis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it had more to do with attractiveness to fans. They are more likely to draw a higher number of fans to somewhere warm than they are to Minneapolis that time of year regardless of whether the game is played indoors or out. People immediately think cold and snow when they think about Minnesota that time of year but not as much for other places such as Indianapolis.

That's what they say, but the Super Bowl will be a success in Minneapolis. Screw the SEC. They can get snow chains on their RVs and drive north of the Mason Dixon line for the first time.

People immediately think cold and snow when they think about Minnesota that time of year but not as much for other places such as Indianapolis.

It's those damn knife-wielding polar bears again!

That's what they say, but the Super Bowl will be a success in Minneapolis. Screw the SEC. They can get snow chains on their RVs and drive north of the Mason Dixon line for the first time.

Agree but we're talking a different group of fans here. It's pretty easy to say screw them but there probably would be no end to the complaining if it is even below 30. You hear it enough from the nfl announcers and fans and they should be used to the occasional cold weather game while for deep south cfb fans it is a relative rarity to face the cold and snow of the north.

It's those damn knife-wielding polar bears again!

They are more afraid of these guys.

6adc108fjw1f7pih3si1ng20b4068qk5.gif

Top Bottom