Minnesota, Fleck Agree To Extension Into 2023

Holy **** you're actually doubling down on this. Do me a favor go to the 247 class calculator and add 3 4 star commits to the Gophers and tell me what it does. You should really stop. As you can see if you click the link the players on the bottom aren't being counted nearly as much as the players on the top. So if the Gophers add players near the top of the class, they will get more points. It all depends on who the Gophers add and who the other teams add. You're making yourself look stupid.

https://247sports.com/college/minnesota/Season/2018-Football/Commits/Preview

Where in the world do you come up with the Gophers signing 3 four star recruits?

This seems to indicate that he is a hotter prospect than last year? Not sure how that is possible.

Either way, the extension is a strategic move to impress consistency on recruits, than it is fine.

There were far fewer openings last year. There will be several more openings on top of the schools I already mentioned. There just aren't that many notable coaches to take all these jobs. There is also a domino effect to consider with all of these openings. There may be close to 12-15 jobs to fill when it is all said and done this year. Fleck's name most certainly would have or will have come up among a few of the schools.

It was a scenario where their ranking would improve.

Oh, okay, in that case let's just add a couple five stars and give them a top twenty class! In all fairness looking at the rankings, it is very possible that the Gophers will have a top 40 class, which is not bad for Fleck's first full recruiting class.

Pretty common to dismiss something that you don't like. I'm not surprised. I'll continue my crusade without your support.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you put the post you responded to together with your post it reads like you are on a crusade against Fleck and readily admit it.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

If you put the post you responded to together with your post it reads like you are on a crusade against Fleck and readily admit it.

Why was it ok for so many, like JB, GWG and others to have been on a crusade against Claeys and past staff, but now those same people are so offended when people don’t like Fleck’s barking, even though, unlike them, not calling for or hoping for Fleck’s failure?

Now, to once again clarify, I am not anti-Fleck because I am mad Claeys was fired. Just don’t like Fleck, and still hoping he has some success and doesn’t drag our program down. Unlike some, I don’t think one good year in a bad conference is a record of success. It was one year that he turned into a P5 job.

Why was it ok for so many, like JB, GWG and others to have been on a crusade against Claeys and past staff, but now those same people are so offended when people don’t like Fleck’s barking, even though, unlike them, not calling for or hoping for Fleck’s failure?

Now, to once again clarify, I am not anti-Fleck because I am mad Claeys was fired. Just don’t like Fleck, and still hoping he has some success and doesn’t drag our program down. Unlike some, I don’t think one good year in a bad conference is a record of success. It was one year that he turned into a P5 job.

I think you answer your question in your reply. I was a huge Kill and Claeys supporter but when Claeys was fired and PJ was hired I became a huge PJ fan. The fact that you dislike PJ and are hoping PJ doesn't screw up the program taints every post you make. You can't get onboard. He is our coach and although I don't like everything he does I am absolutely in the boat and rowing just like I was 100% behind Kill and Claeys. I just don't understand how nitpicking the coach helps the program.

I have supported every previous coach. I just don't believe he is taking the program in the right direction. That said, I don't want to see him fail, for the sake of the program. I can't stand the hypocrisy of some of our posters. Those like you who have supported past coaches, I appreciate your feedback. Those who wanted to see Claeys fail so he could be fired, I can't stand how they come running to PJs defense. I realize I am letting them bug me too much.

I have supported every previous coach. I just don't believe he is taking the program in the right direction. And, I can't stand the hypocrisy of some of our posters. Those like you who have supported past coaches, I appreciate your feedback. Those who wanted to see Claeys fail so he could be fired, I can't stand how they come running to PJs defense. I realize I am letting them bug me too much, which makes me dislike PJ even more.

Hilarious. Now people wanted Claeys to fail. Talk about hypocrisy. It’s in every single one of your anti-Fleck posts.

I have supported every previous coach. I just don't believe he is taking the program in the right direction. That said, I don't want to see him fail, for the sake of the program. I can't stand the hypocrisy of some of our posters. Those like you who have supported past coaches, I appreciate your feedback. Those who wanted to see Claeys fail so he could be fired, I can't stand how they come running to PJs defense. I realize I am letting them bug me too much.
I think that is a fair and reasonable take. I guess I am just a Gopher fan and get behind every coach. Even the ones I don't like or agree with. I guess my question to you is that if PJ turns out to be the guy can you get over your distaste? I think there is a greater than 50% chance that he can do more than any recent coach.

Hilarious. Now people wanted Claeys to fail. Talk about hypocrisy. It’s in every single one of your anti-Fleck posts.

No, it's what you read into my posts. I don't like him. I met him at two separate events, in small groups, and just don't believe in him. That said, I don't want to see our program suffer. You can dislike the coach and still not want him to fail. It's what many Wisconsin fans went through with BB as coach. And, yes, posters have admitted they wanted Claeys to fail last year so they could get a new coach.

I think you answer your question in your reply. I was a huge Kill and Claeys supporter but when Claeys was fired and PJ was hired I became a huge PJ fan. The fact that you dislike PJ and are hoping PJ doesn't screw up the program taints every post you make. You can't get onboard. He is our coach and although I don't like everything he does I am absolutely in the boat and rowing just like I was 100% behind Kill and Claeys. I just don't understand how nitpicking the coach helps the program.

This is rich. Of course some posts (mine included) are tainted by the fact the poster doesn't like PJ. No different than how some posts (yours included) are tainted by the fact the poster "like-likes" PJ. This isn't news. Also, hate to break it to you, but the blind obsessive faith some show in PJ on here doesn't help the program anymore than nitpicking hurts the program. Neither has any impact. Truth.

I think that is a fair and reasonable take. I guess I am just a Gopher fan and get behind every coach. Even the ones I don't like or agree with. I guess my question to you is that if PJ turns out to be the guy can you get over your distaste? I think there is a greater than 50% chance that he can do more than any recent coach.

I wish I had the hope you do, but I don't. Yet, I still hope he wins and maybe I'll just be able to stomach his approach. However, right now I just don't believe in him, and his approach has totally turned me off.

This is rich. Of course some posts (mine included) are tainted by the fact the poster doesn't like PJ. No different than how some posts (yours included) are tainted by the fact the poster "like-likes" PJ. This isn't news. Also, hate to break it to you, but the blind obsessive faith some show in PJ on here doesn't help the program anymore than nitpicking hurts the program. Neither has any impact. Truth.

Another fair perspective. I guess I just choose to support whoever is our coach. Maybe all my posts are tainted by the fact that I want the Gophers to be good at football regardless of the coach. Right now I am rowing the boat. That has nothing to do with PJ and everything to do with the fact that I absolutely support the Gophers.

No, it's what you read into my posts. I don't like him. I met him at two separate events, in small groups, and just don't believe in him. That said, I don't want to see our program suffer. You can dislike the coach and still not want him to fail. It's what many Wisconsin fans went through with BB as coach. And, yes, posters have admitted they wanted Claeys to fail last year so they could get a new coach.

Your post are pretty easy to comprehend. There the same anti-Fleck rhetoric every single time. No need to ready anything into it.

You do the exact same thing with the previous regime you call people hyrpcites for with regard to Fleck.

Your post are pretty easy to comprehend. There the same anti-Fleck rhetoric every single time. No need to ready anything into it.

You do the exact same thing with the previous regime you call people hyrpcites for with regard to Fleck.

No, I have not once called for Fleck to be fired. I have not once complained about how a game has been coached. I have simply said I don’t believe in him as a person or his approach. There is a difference.

No, I have not once called for Fleck to be fired. I have not once complained about how a game has been coached. I have simply said I don’t believe in him as a person or his approach. There is a difference.

I can't believe they wore white helmets and anthracite pants on Saturday!

I can't believe they wore white helmets and anthracite pants on Saturday!

They were awesome. I heard we picked up a few 4 stars because they loved that combo.

They were awesome. I heard we picked up a few 4 stars because they loved that combo.

Just can't support the team after that. I'd rather watch the Badgers!

Evidently, other big name programs must be calling.
If you have something that is good, others will want it.
Be thankful for what you have this Thanksgiving, PMWinSTP.

Wouldn't be surprised - there is no honor among ADs and coaches these days. Lots of big-time openings.

Another fair perspective. I guess I just choose to support whoever is our coach. Maybe all my posts are tainted by the fact that I want the Gophers to be good at football regardless of the coach. Right now I am rowing the boat. That has nothing to do with PJ and everything to do with the fact that I absolutely support the Gophers.

Quit being so understanding. I'm trying to argue here. [emoji3]

Go Gophers!

Quit being so understanding. I'm trying to argue here. [emoji3]

Go Gophers!

Well in that case you are an asshole! [emoji1][emoji1]

Just can't support the team after that. I'd rather watch the Badgers!

Yep, was cheering against the Gophs. Not really. Of course, you know how to do that as you have your WSU gear from the bowl game last year.

Well in that case you are an asshole! [emoji1][emoji1]

Thanks Rugger. That is much better.

Prior Lake American: 39-0 loss, contract extension?

An extension ensures recruits that Fleck will be in Minnesota through 2023 (unless a bigger school comes calling). When athletes sign with a coach only to see them leave, it's a tough situation for all.

The new head coach may run a different style. They may want other players. That is why the transfer rate is so high in transition years with coaches.

For juniors in high school right now, they don't see a Gophers team that is 5-6 in 2017. They see taking a team to the FBS playoffs in a few years. They see what Fleck did with Western Michigan and they want to be a part of that with the Gophers.

I'm in no way a Fleck-bobo, but how as a 16- or 17-year-old can you not fall in love with Fleck? He comes off with this incredible passion for the game, his University and his players.

That's why an extension makes sense. It's not about a bad loss to Northwestern. It's not about what could be an ugly home finale Saturday against Wisconsin.

It's about years three through six in the Fleck regime.

Those asking will the University have to do this every year. Nope. Success, or failure, will dictate years seven and potentially beyond.

It's how the game works now. Whether it looks good or not.

http://www.swnewsmedia.com/prior_la...cle_bd786754-6650-53b0-9d61-5cea8bd5fa0d.html

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom