Minnesota, Fleck Agree To Extension Into 2023

With 204 points. Last year 204 would have them at 35. Perfect for splitting hairs.

1500 on Rivals last year would have put Gophs at 42. This is gong to be interesting. The next nine teams behind the Gophs on 247 have higher averages and spots to fill.

If the Gophers finish 30th or higher in the 2018 247 composite football recruiting team rankings, I will stop posting on GopherHole for one full calendar year.

If the Gophers finish 31st or lower in the 2018 247 composite football recruiting team rankings, you will stop posting on GopherHole for one full calendar year.

Let's see if you're man enough to put your money where your big mouth is.

Bye Johnny.

With Jason's commitment, here's the statistics for our class:
26 commits, # of 5 stars: 0, # of 4 stars: 2, # of 3 stars: 24, Average recruit score: 85.95, Points: 204.72

Recruit rankings.jpg

Now 31st, no longer first in the Big Ten West. No worries though, I'm sure we'll move up a ton with all of the recruits we have left to sign in the 2018 cycle.

View attachment 5360

Now 31st, no longer first in the Big Ten West. No worries though, I'm sure we'll move up a ton with all of the recruits we have left to sign in the 2018 cycle.

Nebraska passed us with roughly 1/3 less commits than our class. They have 8 less commits and passed us.:cry: Nebraska 18>Gopher 26

Nebraska passed us with roughly 1/3 less commits than our class. They have 8 less commits and passed us.:cry: Nebraska 18>Gopher 26

It's unfortunate :/ However, based on past recruiting cycles, an overall score of 205.75 lands us around 32-33, so we'll hopefully only drop 1 or 2 more slots in overall ranking.

There's probably at least 4 others who I presume will pass Gophs before it's all over. Even so, it is a stellar class of recruits, and definitely exceeds my expectations.

Where would I find that? I don't see anything term "composite" or a number underneath it. There are terms: "avg" and "pts"; is it one of these? How can I find it if it isn't?

Composite is displayed in bold on the team rankings page. 247's own team ranking are displayed under the bold composite team rankings.

Honestly, I thought the bet was based on composite.

It should be. FSU has 8 4 star recruits; 91.47 total average (our highest rated is 91.97... 0.5 above their average); score of 212.96; composite ranking of 22. All of these are ahead of the U. 247 rankings have them below us (us 24...them 35) because they have 12 commits. Every matrix but one has them ahead.

Sounds like a lame argument.

I realize this is all just a giant pissing match, but why not take a pragmatic approach to one’s opinion?

The recruiting class is decent/pretty good. We know it’ll be too 35iah probably.

Cheering for the actual ranking let in the game is useless. That’s like having a major debate as to whether Nebraska or Maryland or the Gophers had a better overall season. Who cares at that point?

I realize this is all just a giant pissing match, but why not take a pragmatic approach to one’s opinion?

The recruiting class is decent/pretty good. We know it’ll be too 35iah probably.

<b>Cheering for the actual ranking let in the game is useless. </b>That’s like having a major debate as to whether Nebraska or Maryland or the Gophers had a better overall season. Who cares at that point?

Normally I would agree, but I find myself very interested in where we finish ranked this year. Well, actually, just what side of 30 we finish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom