STrib: P.J. Fleck benches Gophers receivers: 'I don't enjoy them dropping the ball'

Players being held accountable for their mistakes on the field. What a great idea. Send a message, and hopefully lights a fire under some of these players.

Nice to see we are consistent and sending the same accountability message to Fleck, "coach poorly for the year and we will give you an extension!" If he were a man who holds to his message he would have admitted he didn't earn it this year and told them no, I need to be consistent and until I "coach 'em up better", I don't deserve it!

Nice to see we are consistent and sending the same accountability message to Fleck, "coach poorly for the year and we will give you an extension!" If he were a man who holds to his message he would have admitted he didn't earn it this year and told them no, I need to be consistent and until I "coach 'em up better", I don't deserve it!

Winner

Flecks quote if you surround yourself with turds your headed to Turdville seems to be reminiscent here with the benching. I think he is sending a clear message to a player like, a Still, that it's time to leave. As soon as the season is over, it is time to leave for the players the coach want's to leave.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

Flecks quote if you surround yourself with turds your headed to Turdville seems to be reminiscent here with the benching. I think he is sending a clear message to a player like, a Still, that it's time to leave. As soon as the season is over, it is time to leave for the players the coach want's to leave.

If that is the case, then just man up and say it! Don't hide behind the "drops" excuse and still start Howard.

We were told Simon is the guy to get it done. Still waiting......................

The greatest WR coach in the history of coaching could not make this collection of WR look good. No way you can judge Simon on this year working with this group. The previous staff did a terrible job recruiting the WR position.

The greatest WR coach in the history of coaching could not make this collection of WR look good. No way you can judge Simon on this year working with this group. The previous staff did a terrible job recruiting the WR position.

Why didn't we get that coach from Edina?

True. But I will say that when Tyler Johnson broke out early in the year I thought Fleck was going to break Simon's back he was patting it and praising him so hard. It almost sounded like Johnson had nothing to do with it. But we haven't heard Simon's name mentioned much in the past two months.

If that is the case, then just man up and say it! Don't hide behind the "drops" excuse and still start Howard.

Howard had a terrible game against NW, but he has shown the ability to catch the ball in other games. He is also a Freshman. Still has looked lackadaisical in almost every game and he is a Junior.

I do wonder about Drew H though. He is also a Freshman, but has struggled with drops all year. I think he will be given a chance again if/when he gets better.

True. But I will say that when Tyler Johnson broke out early in the year I thought Fleck was going to break Simon's back he was patting it and praising him so hard. It almost sounded like Johnson had nothing to do with it. But we haven't heard Simon's name mentioned much in the past two months.

He's been non stop praising Tyler Johnson since March.

Going to be really interesting to see who stays and who leaves when this season is over. The speculation and arguing about who is responsbile for their leaving--not so much.

At least he didn't cite emails from fans or meaningless rankings as to why?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So it actually has nothing to do with dropping passes since Howard is starting.

I would have said the same thing. But look at it again: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yxcAJ9q9iU (go to 2:55)

I just can't tell from the angle .... it could either be that the ball bounced off his chest, but it also looks like it could have been that the nickle corner's arm got in there and punched it out.

Granted, not the proper way to attempt the catch.

At least we have another thread that has turned into an anti-Fleckers vs pro-Fleckers. :rolleyes:

At least we have another thread that has turned into an anti-Fleckers vs pro-Fleckers. :rolleyes:

Do you remember that guy who put up the "Fire Jerry Kill" blog? As I recall, it had pretty incredible graphics/animations. Even tried to use statistics to "prove" that JK should be fired.

That lasted I think about the first two years. Then that went away.

Just give Fleck some time.

I don't know if benching Stills and Carter is the right corrective measure. The Northwestern game was very windy and raining which could be an excuse for all drops. Maybe a 2 year extension is more in line if it was possible.

I would have said the same thing. But look at it again: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yxcAJ9q9iU (go to 2:55)

I just can't tell from the angle .... it could either be that the ball bounced off his chest, but it also looks like it could have been that the nickle corner's arm got in there and punched it out.

Granted, not the proper way to attempt the catch.

Unfortunately, the end zone camera showed it go through his hands. Like a lot of things taken as a one-off incident a drop is a fact of life, but the aggregated drops by the WR corps(e) this year has been hard to watch. The conditions no doubt didn't help - cold and wet. High hopes for next year.

Hey Fleck, coach the ****ing game and stop throwing your entire team under the bus for your incompetence. Thanks.

Did you say the same thing when Kill would publicly humiliate players?

It’s fine if you did, just want to see if you’re consistent

Unfortunately, the end zone camera showed it go through his hands. Like a lot of things taken as a one-off incident a drop is a fact of life, but the aggregated drops by the WR corps(e) this year has been hard to watch. The conditions no doubt didn't help - cold and wet. High hopes for next year.

Ok, fair enough. Thanks

Top Bottom