Gaston or Bakary

I'm well aware of that but there is more to being a rim protector than shot blocking ability. Konate's presence in the paint is still much better than having Fitz play the 5. Konate actually played well against Western Carolina on defense and altered quite a few shots and deterred others from shooting it. Pitino even gave him credit in the post game conference in regards to that. When Fitz has played the 5 against Providence as well as this last game, the opponents got whatever they wanted in the paint. It was bad. That hasn't necessarily been the case when Konate has played even though he fouls a lot and isn't the most fluid player.

Yes, it's a bit of a stretch to even call Fitzgerald a power forward let alone a center on the defensive end. I guess the term "stretch forward" can have more than one meaning.

Yes, it's a bit of a stretch to even call Fitzgerald a power forward let alone a center on the defensive end. I guess the term "stretch forward" can have more than one meaning.

I guess we'll just wait and see how many minutes Bakary gets in meaningful games. Fitzgerald is never the 5 regardless, Murphy is in these scenarios. I disagree that Bakary deters anybody from attacking the rim.

Put ‘em both in! :rolleyes:

Imagine a line-up of Mason, Murphy, Lynch, Konate and Diedhou. It will make the line-ups Tubby threw out when Blake was the PG look tiny. If that season is any indication, it will work great for about 2 possessions and then burst into flames.

Top Bottom