AP: Unbeaten Badgers not looking past Gophers

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per the AP:

Watch the video monitors around the Wisconsin football facility long enough and a clip showing the last time that the Badgers lost to Minnesota eventually plays on the screen.

It’s been a while.

This bunch of Badgers doesn’t want to be known as the team that had their 13-game winning streak in the border rivalry come to an end.

Yes, fifth-ranked Wisconsin (11-0, 8-0 Big Ten, No. 5 CFP) is already locked into a berth in the Big Ten title game on Dec. 2 against No. 8 Ohio State. But the Badgers say that they are not looking past their visit to Minnesota on Saturday. They want to keep the trophy that goes to the victor — Paul Bunyan’s Axe.

“You can’t go into this game expecting to cakewalk,” outside linebacker Garret Dooley said Monday after practice.

http://lacrossetribune.com/sports/l...cle_bc706c34-5c30-54e2-bdca-ec76c7965c3d.html

Go Gophers!!

I agree- expecting a 'Cakewalk' is wrong- a 'Cake Jog" might be more fitting. We hear this story every year. I'm expecting to get steam rolled- but crazier things have happened. Maybe the ghost of Jim Wacker will be looking down on us Saturday.

No love lost. I hope we stink up their title aspirations. Anything is possible.

Top Bottom