The Marlene Stollings Show

Ignatius L Hoops

Reaction score
Started tonight. It's a studio show this year. Marlene, Corbu and Lynette talked about Bell (Kiki's added 12 lbs of muscle this year-yes I believe it), Pitts (her basketball instincts) and Gonzalez (yes, Marlene really likes her game and said that Gonzalez's decision came down to either Minnesota or Michigan).

I don't know why KFAN doesn't put the Stollings show in Gophers on Demand. Well, okay, I assume they don't really give it a thought. Occasionally there's something interesting. And of course I don't always catch it completely.

Last night, with the coaching staff out recruiting they interviewed Kenisha Bell and Bryanna Fernstrom. Then they interviewed Ralph Petrella. If I understood Petrella, players wear heart monitors during the games. This helps set goals for expending energy. And he said Taiye Bello regularly met those goals. I'm not sure there was much more to it than that; but if anyone else heard Petrella perhaps you could fill in any blanks.

That's correct on the monitors. Every player wears one and Ralph has a computer that allows him to check the monitors throughout the game. The monitors check a number of items beyond heart rates. Carlie Wagner also was regularly meeting goals last season when he appeared on the show last year to talk about it.

I forgot to listen last night, but earlier in the season, the show was in the Gophers on Demand area. As it is on 93.3 FM, not KFAN, it appears there are some issues getting a link in there, even though the stations are all part of the iheart world. I am trying to get some information on a correct link, as the one I had doesn't work anymore. The Gophers on Demand link "works", but the last Stollings show posted is November 29.

Interesting about the heart monitors.
Wasn't aware of this technology. Found an article and it appears the Warriors wear them during practice (old article) and use the info to rest the players to avoid injury. “A lot of non-contact injuries are fatigue-related,” Lyles said. “If we see big drops consistently over the last few games, and we know in practice they’ve dropped and they’re telling us they’re tired and sore and beat up, then we start painting a big picture: ‘Yeah, these guys are probably fatigued.’ When they’re fatigued, they’re at a higher risk.”
https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/...evices-to-monitor-players-while-on-the-court/

Top Bottom